Wedding Woes
Options

But it is Wednesday now

@mynameisknot thanks so much for recommending those digital rabbit ears for me.  I installed them over the weekend and I literally had my local news channel on ALL day long! Still going...

Nothing much for me. Just sitting this self isolation out.  Yesterday I opened my nutrisystem ice cream sandwich and noticed a sandwich and a half in the pack.  SCORE!  But then today I noticed another pack that seemed really skimpy.  So I opened it, and saw just 1/2 an ice cream sandwich.  Retract the bonus.  This also means it’s 8:15 and I already was reaching for ice cream.

Re: But it is Wednesday now

• Options
    Is anyone watching the Youtube Originals about Demi Lovato?
    I watched one part {just starting "Dancing with the Devil" today} and didn't realize how bad it was. Like you'd never know :\ It's sad so far.
  • Options
    That’s such a bummer @CharmedPam think you're getting bonus ice cream only to know you shorted yourself on today’s ice cream! 

Not much here. Exhausted, cranky, and it’s raining. I’m really ready for the weekend even though it’s only Wednesday (I think, I’m still not totally sure what day it is). 
  • Options
    My granny gets her 1st vax either today or tomorrow :) I'm very excited. Age aside, her health issues make her such a high risk :\ 
    My mum took BK to visit this weekend, but unfortunately BK got shy. She warmed up pretty quick, but still had a shyness to her. Unfortunate part of covid :\ 

Did I mention we got the gate built? It's fun times. For the most part BK is enjoying being free range and tbh she isn't getting into much.
    We did discover she's reaching for things in the trash *face palm* So we may have to get a new trash can with lid and baby latch. I don't entirely want to because I find lids make it smell 10x worse. We're going to try reminding her it's trash and not to touch. My mum doesn't have a lid on her trash and BK never touches it, so idk. Maybe because ours was full that it seems enticing?

M is constantly worried she'll get into cupboards under the sinks, but tbh idgaf if she does. There is just cutting boards, strainers and a mixing bowl under there. M didn't realize I don't keep any chemicals {dish pods, spray cleaners, etc} under there. I use to, but when BK started moving I put the pods on the counter and any sprays I'm not using is in the linen closet upstairs.
  • Options
    @CharmedPam, but at least the calories for the bonus half ice cream sandwich didn't count yesterday.  You ate the portion size they gave you, so I'm sure that's how that works!

@MyNameIsNot, I'm glad your all's vaccinations went well.  Sounds like a fun day, with the hiking and happy dog.  I'm glad you're feeling pretty well, other than being tired.

Ever since feeling extra bad on Sunday, my H and I have been much better, but still feel "meh".  I haven't been sleeping well, so I'm really tired at work and it feels like such a slog.  My blood sugars have been running really high almost constantly since Sunday and I'm puzzled by that.  I've been taking extra "fast acting" insulin throughout the day, but I still can't get at a good level and keep it there.  I switched it up this morning and also upped my long acting insulin.  Plus running a high blood sugar for long periods of time will also make me feel crappy, so I'm not sure where feeling bad because my blood sugar is high vs. because I have a lingering bug starts and ends, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am so screwed up on days today. I keep thinking it's Thursday. 

Bleh. It's going to rain all day. I'm tired. I have my . Just trying to hang on for the weekend. 
  • Options
    I do want to watch the Demi Lovato documentary.  I've seen some commentary on interviews she's been giving in leading up to since she's saying she's still smoking pot and maybe having a drink or two. People have feelings about this. I don't know her, so I can't say what's good for her; however I find it interesting that the concept of sobriety to some people is so binary.  Addiction is a disease, but treatment and maintenance looks so different for everyone.  

Speaking of people who've 'fallen', we finished the Tiger documentary last night.  I definitely felt sad for him, but also conflicted in a way.  He really pushed away a lot of people and it doesn't sound like he's tried to reconnect with any of them.  I also wonder if he watched and/or if anything has changed in that manner since his accident.  Both Demi and Tiger make me think about talent and being tortured.  Why does it end up so intertwined in some people?

I'm also over this week.  There's so much going on with work and most of it is not fun.  We just got told we have another week of mandatory OT.  

Vaccines are opening up to 16+ next week, but they're removing the mask mandate and making it an 'advisory'.  Yay, but ugh. 
  • Options
    @mrsconn23 she talks about it in part of one documentary but I haven't made it to that part in the other.
    She mentions about moderation and how she has to work a whole lot of other things to be able to have one drink and smoke pot.
    I watched the other documentary and just started "dancing with the devil" and talking about her overdose .... that's a hard one :\ 
  • Options
    Already removing the mask mandate @mrsconn23?  Sheesh.  Our 16+ is April 12th.

@MyNameIsNot, glad the vaccine went so well.  Being tired is a daily thing for me, so I wouldn’t know if it was a side effect or not.  It’s 9:30 and I already cat napped today.  Lol.

i haven’t seen Demi Levato, but I also don’t know much about her?  This reminds me I should watch the Britney Spear documentary today.

• Options
    SSDD over here. I’m planning on hiking tonight. FI was freaking out about his abdomen last night because he had some weird sensations and I didn’t sleep much as a result. Otherwise not too much else is happening. 

• Options
    I am so ready to sit on a beach drinking cocktails. Does anyone have favorite Caribbean resorts I can ogle? 
  • Options
    @VarunaTT Friday night was when this month's cycle started and it was when I had the worst anxiety experience in a LONG TIME.   The shivers, heart palpitations and need for Tums was awful.

I have some anxiety over spring break.  Kiddos are in for 5 days a week starting 4/5 and then April break is 4/12-4/16.  The state is not requiring people to quarantine after returning from OOS and the fear is what may be brought back.  My fingers are crossed that the schools remain as safe as they have been since transmission has continued to be very low across district.   

We aren't going anywhere until July.  By that point DH and I will be totally vaccinated and we're planning Disney where we will be adhering to their mask mandates on park and the kids are diligent about wearing theirs as well. 
  • Options
    @mrsconn23 yeah I'm not happy with repealing the mask mandate. It's like they are getting rid of everything all at once instead of gradually doing it. I can understand allowing things to be more open but don't get rid of masks! Because we know a lot of people won't wear them voluntarily.

I had a super early derm appointment this morning so I've been up forever. I always go there early because he runs late if appointments are later in the day. I'm going to go out to buy a couple of Easter decorations this afternoon and a birthday card for a friend. It's nice here today and I'm actually wearing shorts. I'l probably regret that later but for now it feels good.

• Options
    @Jen4948 that is BS! Sounds like a coward who went about it the wrong way.  Sorry that job didn’t work out for you

• Options
    @mrsconn23 yeah I'm not happy with repealing the mask mandate. It's like they are getting rid of everything all at once instead of gradually doing it. I can understand allowing things to be more open but don't get rid of masks! Because we know a lot of people won't wear them voluntarily.
    I wish he would have held off until the end of April at the very least.  I have a feeling a lot of businesses I normally go to will still have a mask policy though.  I don't see a lot of big box retailers removing it either.  I am going to sign up first thing next Weds.  DH is already scheduled for April 6th for at least his first dose, but his vax site may be switching over to J&J from what I've heard. 

VarunaTT said:
    @mrsconn23 Branson is repealing their mask mandate, I think going into effect in 60 days?  I'm not sure if any of the Lake of the Ozarks ever even had one (I kinda doubt from some of the pics I've seen), but I wanted to let you know if that influences any vacation decisions.  No other major metropolitan area in MO is even considering repealing their mask mandates, as far as I can tell.

Yeah, I don't think that will change anything.  I believe most of us going will be vaccinated by then anyway.  Besides the kids. Also, we'll stay pretty insular to our group since there's going to be about 20-25 of us. 
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Sorry about the job @Jen4948
    @STARMOON44 The Reefs in Bermuda and (cliche but) Atlantis in the Bahamas.

My school and my kids’ schools spring breaks (which are always just around Passover/Easter) are next week.  I’m anxious about traveling students too.  
  • Options
    Well, talk about chutzpah. My ex-boss's exec assistant texted me "to find out if I am okay" and to ask me if I want to keep writing for them as a contractor!

At the beginning of the job they had shipped me a computer station with a laptop, docking station, two monitors, a webcam and a headset, all of which is now boxed up. I responded that I was okay and asked for a UPS account number or credit card number that I could have the costs of shipping the computer equipment back to them charged to. I guess I could earn a few bucks working for them as a contractor if my pride doesn't matter.  :|