DIY Wedding Forum

Add Lighting to Country Club

We will most likely end up choosing a country club for our reception, but the issue is most of them are pretty, yet bland. I love the look of barns with all their pretty string lights and such. However, none of the country clubs we see have no pillars or anything to hang lights from. I'm wondering if anyone here has found a way to add string lighting to a hall without pillars?

Re: Add Lighting to Country Club

• We will most likely end up choosing a country club for our reception, but the issue is most of them are pretty, yet bland. I love the look of barns with all their pretty string lights and such. However, none of the country clubs we see have no pillars or anything to hang lights from. I'm wondering if anyone here has found a way to add string lighting to a hall without pillars?
    You would do best by asking your venue or reaching out to lighting companies with pictures of your venue for advice.
  • We will most likely end up choosing a country club for our reception, but the issue is most of them are pretty, yet bland. I love the look of barns with all their pretty string lights and such. However, none of the country clubs we see have no pillars or anything to hang lights from. I'm wondering if anyone here has found a way to add string lighting to a hall without pillars?
    You would do best by asking your venue or reaching out to lighting companies with pictures of your venue for advice.
    In addition, you'll need to contact the venue you choose to see what they allow and if there may be preferred / required vendors they  work with.