Wedding Woes
Options

How do I get over the fact that my friend didn’t ask me to be a bridesmaid? Please help!

Long story short, my absolute best friend from high school didn’t include me in her wedding. Now I’m engaged and she’s been really involved in my wedding ideas. After some thought, I asked her to be a bridesmaid because I still consider her one of my best friends.

Now my wedding is approaching and hers was a year ago, but I still have this bitterness in my heart about her not picking me and not saying anything about it. The only times she’s mentioned it was when she briefly apologized while drunk and when she told me how she wished she’d picked me over another girl because apparently the other girl flaked.

I feel so so bad for feeling this way. I never said anything during her wedding stuff either because I didn’t want to stress her out or make her feel guilty. But now we’ve been hanging out more in preparation for my wedding and I just can’t get these negative thoughts to go away. The last thing I want to do is cause drama. I haven’t told anyone about this at all.

How do I be mature and shake this off? Or should I talk to her about it to clear the air before my wedding? Or just not mention it to anyone and let time do its thing?

Thank you in advance for any advice!

Re: How do I get over the fact that my friend didn’t ask me to be a bridesmaid? Please help!

• Options
    I think you should let time do its thing.  I know it's hurtful, especially because you don't understand why.  But, even if you knew the reason, it probably wouldn't make you feel better.

Make up whatever reason you think it probably is, ie she felt obligated to ask X,Y,Z. or your all's friendship had waned a bit at that time.  Then let it go for good.  Focus on the positive.  It sounds like your friendship right now is stronger than ever and that she is really enjoying being involved in your wedding plans.

I know that is easier said then done and you are still going to have moments where the hurt returns.  But do your best to look towards the future, instead of in the past.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker