Wedding Woes
Options

TGIF

It’s my oldest’s birthday - I have a seven-year-old 😍😭 I snuck out last night for some balloons that she enjoyed waking up to along with her pancakes with whipped cream and sprinkles. We made little favors for her classmates today, her softball team tonight, her ballet friends tomorrow morning, and my parents and siblings are coming over for a backyard party tomorrow afternoon, so she is excited.

Yesterday’s day off was really nice- my mom and I actually booked a trip to Disney for the kids, my parents and me for next April! So it’ll be nice to have something to look forward to. (Not telling the kids til probably Christmas or later, if the divorce isnt final by then.)  Wishing everyone a happy Friday and enjoyable weekends.

Re: TGIF

• Options
    Jstump2Jstump2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Happy Birthday to her @ei34! I always do balloons and then immediately regret it because they make my dog crazy. LOL. That's so exciting to have that to look forward too. I have never been to Disney and will probably be as excited as them when we finally go!

Low-key Friday for me. I have a small project I need to wrap up. I need to dig down deep and find some motivation. Tomorrow we are meeting up with some vaccinated friends for a cook-out, we haven't seen them in forever so I am looking forward to it.

• Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    @ei34 Happy birthday to her and the Disney planning sounds fun too! Perfect day off it seems 
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    I cannot motivate myself to write content for a webinar next week. Partially it is a topic I'm not super familiar with, partially because I'm so tired of always being the one to draft everything because others don't do it and then it becomes last minute. I hate last minute so I always do it to be safe and then the others can edit.  Gosh it feels like school group projects all over again LOL 
  • Options
    Happy birthday to your daughter!! 

Working a few hours this morning.  Trying to make sure I have everything I want/need packed too.  Just a couple more hours and I'm out of here for the weekend.  DH and DefConn already took off for the farm out in IL (they're going to help DH's uncle get it ready for summer).  

Have a great weekend all!!  
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    I cannot motivate myself to write content for a webinar next week. Partially it is a topic I'm not super familiar with, partially because I'm so tired of always being the one to draft everything because others don't do it and then it becomes last minute. I hate last minute so I always do it to be safe and then the others can edit.  Gosh it feels like school group projects all over again LOL 
    That does, lol!  The college I went to was HUGE on group projects.  For my major (business), we were all required to do a year-long group project in teams of 4.  And those teams were randomly selected (head tilt).  Kind of interesting, though.  The school had reached out to a number of businesses and asked them to submit a problem they were having.  And that was the project.  Find solutions to a real life problem.  We also had the company/problem randomly assigned to us.

I was very nervous about all of that but, as it turns out, I lucked out big time.  In one of our first team meetings.  We were outlining the tasks that needed to be done.  When the subject of editing the report/paper came up, they all groaned and talked about how much they hated editing.  Cool!  That was a task I felt strong in and also didn't mind doing.  I volunteered to take that as one of my contributions.  They were really grateful and looked relieved.  But, to me, it was minor enough that I didn't expect it to be the only thing I did.

When I volunteered again to be the main person for something else, they were surprised and insisted that editing was already a big job and they'd feel bad to give me more.  Seriously?  Score!

To be fair, I didn't just fix commas and typos.  Since different people were writing different sections, I added in sentences where needed so that each section more naturally flowed to the next.  I gave constructive criticism on which points needed to be elaborated on and which parts or sentences were too wordy.  I would also write what I meant, that they could either use completely or tweak with their own words.

It was still a chunk of work, but I spent substantially less time then they did.  They were the ones who researched and wrote the sections.  But they were thrilled I took on a task they hated and didn't feel strong in.  I was thrilled this project ended up taking less time for me then I had originally expected.  Plus I enjoyed reading and analyzing the written results of all the things we had talked about in team meetings.  Win-win.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @ei34, happy birthday to your daughter!  Sounds like a lot of fun plans for her.

@banana468, congrats to your friends!  It must be such a relief for the adoption to be finalized and have the security that their child is now also legally their child.

@MissKittyDanger, I'm glad the vaccination wasn't too bad for you and you're already feeling better.  That is almost exactly what my first dose (Moderna) was like for me.  Sore arm and very tired, especially the next day.  But, overall, nbd.

@VarunaTT, I'm sorry about your kayaking trip.  But a group brunch that such a good friend organized, sounds like a lot of fun also!

Three more hours until FREEDOM!!!!  I fly to Atlanta tomorrow for a week of vacation!  My vacation needs have been so pent up because of the pandemic that I am ready to explode, lol.  Packing today.  And then possibly a frantic errand to run out and get something that I "must" have, but couldn't find or didn't think of, lol.

Funny airport story that, thankfully, isn't mine.  One of my coworkers is from a different company and is only working at this office for a few months.  But she lives in Houston, so she flies back for the weekend most of the time.  For her flight out last week, it was really bad timing because Pres. Biden was visiting NOLA that day.  On his, "OMG, Look How Bad Our Infrastructure Is" tour, lol.  Earlier in the day, he was at a 70-year-old bridge in the northern part of the state.

Her flight was around 7PM, but we recommended she leave at 2.  Because he was flying in around 3:30 and would be flying out around 5:30.  And they often close the freeway and major streets while he is traveling by motorcade, which causes huge traffic problems even long past when the streets open back up.  Plus he flies into our main airport!  

She left later then we recommended, but lucked out.  The freeway was closed coming into the city, but was open leaving the city.  She was still stuck in bumper to bumper traffic, but could at least make it to the airport, albeit hours before her flight left.  At one point while she was stuck in traffic, she got to see a little bit of the motorcade as it passed by on the other side of the freeway.  She didn't have any problems with her flight or once she got to the airport.  But did get to see Airforce One land!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That’s such a lovely thing your friend did @varunatt and I’m guessing puts having to step back from other relationships that aren’t serving you in more focus. I hope you have a great weekend whatever you end up doing! 

• Options
    Happy vacation @short+sassy and @CharmedPam!
  • Options
    How sweet, @ei34 happy birthday to her! 

I’m glad you still have something fun planned and a good friend to enjoy it with @VarunaTT. Evaluating friendships/relationships is so hard. 

Have a great vacation! @short+sassy

Well I made it to Friday. I didn’t think it would happen. We have a lot of vaccines today so I’ll be busy all day. Then hike with FSIL. FI is kind of pulling back on plans to go somewhere so we’ll see. I really think we should do something. Life has been so overwhelming and stressful lately we really should do something fun together. It’s just a shame the beach is going to be so cold. 

• Options
    @short+sassy My mum got AZ, she didn't have a sore arm but was tired a.f My boss also got AZ and felt shitty :\ I figure I got off easy
  • Options
    @short+sassy My mum got AZ, she didn't have a sore arm but was tired a.f My boss also got AZ and felt shitty :\ I figure I got off easy
    It seems like the AZ vaccine is being used heavily in other countries, but isn't being used at all in the US.  At least I don't think so.  I know every country has their own drug approval process but still, it seems odd.  I don't even try to understand anymore, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It seems like the AZ vaccine is being used heavily in other countries, but isn't being used at all in the US.  At least I don't think so.  I know every country has their own drug approval process but still, it seems odd.  I don't even try to understand anymore, lol.

SITB
    AZ hasn't filed for FDA emergency approval which is why it isn't being used here.
  • Options
    They've stopped AZ as first dose now.
    There is looks into cross dosing for those who got AZ, because we only have a certain amount before they expire.

Canada did a lot of push for more people to get dose 1 and dose 2 is pushed to like 4 months?
  • Options
    There is looks into cross dosing for those who got AZ, because we only have a certain amount before they expire.

Canada did a lot of push for more people to get dose 1 and dose 2 is pushed to like 4 months?
    Which is interesting given that timeframe is longer than the manufacturers recommendations. It just sucks to see what’s happened with your roll out
  • Options

Which is interesting given that timeframe is longer than the manufacturers recommendations. It just sucks to see what’s happened with your roll out
    very much so.
    We've been trying to focus on how to get 1st doses to people
  • Options
    kerbohlkerbohl member
    It sounds like so many of you are having awesome days!  Glad that you are feeling better after the vax, @MissKittyDanger!  Pfizer will probably be what I end up getting - hubby got that one.  He barely had any side effects, just a slightly sore arm.

I thought it would be a quiet day at work, but no luck.  I did have to leave for two hours since I was getting my ducts cleaned and it was too loud to work.  But a whole bunch of stuff came up while I was gone, and then it was catch up when I got back.  But I got things done!

@short+sassy I am legit jealous of your vacation. I will live vicariously through you!  We had our lockdown here extended until June.

• Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    That’s awesome @CharmedPam all around. I love that the staff member gave you a ride.  Do your parents own a restaurant there?
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    That’s awesome @CharmedPam all around. I love that the staff member gave you a ride.  Do your parents own a restaurant there?
    Nope, my Dad moved to TN for a position at an organization 15 years ago!

• Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    ei34 said:
    It’s my oldest’s birthday - I have a seven-year-old 😍😭 I snuck out last night for some balloons that she enjoyed waking up to along with her pancakes with whipped cream and sprinkles. We made little favors for her classmates today, her softball team tonight, her ballet friends tomorrow morning, and my parents and siblings are coming over for a backyard party tomorrow afternoon, so she is excited.

Yesterday’s day off was really nice- my mom and I actually booked a trip to Disney for the kids, my parents and me for next April! So it’ll be nice to have something to look forward to. (Not telling the kids til probably Christmas or later, if the divorce isnt final by then.)  Wishing everyone a happy Friday and enjoyable weekends.
    Happy birthday to your daughter!

Nice quiet weekend thus far. A client was driving me crazy with getting her tax return filed, but it finally happened.