Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Petite formal attire? Help!

So, I am invited to what I am told will be a very formal wedding this summer, and I'm kind of at a loss. I am not quite 5'2", and so far I am really having trouble finding petite formal dresses that don't look like something for a mother of the bride (I'm in my early 30s and it's a friend's wedding). I know I could probably get something in a regular size, but I'm trying to minimize the amount of alterations I'll need. Does anyone have any suggestions for where to find petite formal dresses?

Re: Petite formal attire? Help!

• Options
    I know you're probably not going to like the suggestion, but JJsHouse does custom sizing/alterations for an extra $20 and has options available at all price points.  Yes, there's a risk, OTOH, it'd arrive to your measurements, and with a little steaming for the most part I've had very few "misses" over time.  Plus, some of the designs are made for a shorter torso so they might be perfect in the standard sizing sense.

Macy's has a petite line of formalwear.  Neiman Marcus has some formalwear on clearance that might be suitable.  Nordstrom's would be another possibility..