Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Help! Flower girls had growth spurt and need advice on finding new dresses

My wedding was originally planned for May 2020.  Since then my oldest flower girls have had a huge growth spurt.  Any suggestions on where to find pretty dresses for my older girls?  They are bordering the end of girl clothes sizing (size 16).  They are only 8 so if I do adult I would want something modest and still innocent looking to match the younger girls.

Re: Help! Flower girls had growth spurt and need advice on finding new dresses

• Options
    Macy's or Nordstrom? I would let their mother choose, with guidance from you on colors. My daughter had a bridesmaid who was only 9 and we couldn't find anything that was modest at bridal shops, even though some had her size. We ended up at Nordstrom. She got a white dress with a sash in the same color as the adult bridesmaids' dresses. The other option is to have dresses made for them .
  • Options
    Junior sizing or petite...  Otherwise if they're still in size 16 girls, you may be able to find something in the First Communion Dress section at places like Sophia's, Macy's, etc. or religious stores.  It's the tail end of that season so now's the time if ever if you'd like them in a white.  

The biggest issue with a Girl's size 16 and age 8 is that there's a possibility they're going to need alterations on the length so check out David's Bridal as well since it'd be a one-stop option.  That said, David's also offers multiple styles that'd be appropriate for a size 16 girl yet more junior bridesmaid line than flowergirl as well...