Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Vendor tipping

I'm having a little bit of a difficult time deciding how tip a couple vendors at our wedding, specifically the DJ and the venue, any insight is appreciated. 

For the venue: The venue is owned by a husband-wife duo who staff the event with two of their family members (their adult children). They bartend, move chairs and tables, keep things clean, etc. All venue staffing is automatically included in the contract without an extra charge or fee mentioned in any way. Do I just tip the two family members? Or everyone? Or nobody because it's a family business? I want to do the right thing here but it's a bit confusing. 

DJ: Similar situation - our DJ is a business owner but he also brings his assistant. Do we just tip the assistant? The owner does more "sticking to the schedule" type stuff and the assistant does the entertainment. What would be the best tip route for these guys?

Re: Vendor tipping

• Options
    I'm having a little bit of a difficult time deciding how tip a couple vendors at our wedding, specifically the DJ and the venue, any insight is appreciated. 

For the venue: The venue is owned by a husband-wife duo who staff the event with two of their family members (their adult children). They bartend, move chairs and tables, keep things clean, etc. All venue staffing is automatically included in the contract without an extra charge or fee mentioned in any way. Do I just tip the two family members? Or everyone? Or nobody because it's a family business? I want to do the right thing here but it's a bit confusing. 

DJ: Similar situation - our DJ is a business owner but he also brings his assistant. Do we just tip the assistant? The owner does more "sticking to the schedule" type stuff and the assistant does the entertainment. What would be the best tip route for these guys?
    For the venue I would tip the people who work the wedding, so it sounds like that would be the two adult children? 

For the DJ I’d probably tip them both if they’re both working the wedding. 
  • Options
    Tip the employees, not the owners.