Destination Weddings Discussions

Adding a live stream/Zoom to destination wedding

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone is livestreaming their wedding on Zoom/Facebook Live etc for people who can't attend in person.

If so, did are you planning to use a premium service like Wedfuly, Event Live and LoveStream, or will you "DIY" on Zoom/Facebook/YouTube because the paid services are expensive? And, DIYing, would you have hired someone (e.g. a virtual assistant) to help organize and run the online side of the wedding on the day if it were cheaper?

I'm just curious whether these are popular services or if the virtual wedding thing was just a phase during the worst part of the Covid pandemic when everyone was locked down...

Re: Adding a live stream/Zoom to destination wedding

• I had a friend get married in April with 10 people, and they just used YouTube. The audio wasn't always picked up super well, and all we saw was them up at the altar, but we got the gist and it was fine.

Unless you have a decent microphone setup for the couple and the officiants, that gets piped directly towards the recording/streaming device - and/or a person experienced in videography who can make that stuff happen behind the recording - I don't think a premium service is going to help improve the result all that much.
  • henissi said:
    Hi,

I am wondering if anyone is livestreaming their wedding on Zoom/Facebook Live etc for people who can't attend in person.

If so, did are you planning to use a premium service like Wedfuly, Event Live and LoveStream, or will you "DIY" on Zoom/Facebook/YouTube because the paid services are expensive? And, DIYing, would you have hired someone (e.g. a virtual assistant) to help organize and run the online side of the wedding on the day if it were cheaper?

I'm just curious whether these are popular services or if the virtual wedding thing was just a phase during the worst part of the Covid pandemic when everyone was locked down...
    I don't know where you're getting married, but I know many churches have added live stream capabilities since Covid began. My church will live stream a wedding on Facebook and Youtube if you pay a stipend to the church's tech person to be there to run the live stream.
  • We will defo do a zoom call .Due to the Covid restrictions not everybody will be able to attend
  • You should definitely check out Lovecast app. It's made for DIY wedding live stream and is free. 
  • We are planning to use EventLive app.  Looks like the perfect solution for live streaming a wedding.