Wedding Woes
Options

Tuesday

So remember in September when I wanted to get an IUD (but my cervex was to fat)? The doctor made me pre pay it and then submitted the claim for reimbursement.  I had no idea how it worked since it was my first time doing something like this, and didn’t know he should have submitted the claim prior to ordering it, thus, my insurance denied it.  A few times. Last night I finally got my reimbursement from it! The covered portion of it anyway. 9 months of going back and forth with this mess.  Plus my insurance company sent me a letter saying that doctor was no longer in network. My friend said he got off easy with them just dropping him, and he should have lost his license for insurance fraud!

Other than that, SSDD.  Slow office day here, so I got to apply my fun nail strips at work.  They provide extra strips for accent colors or whatever and the all silver extras fit my pedicure perfectly. I made it a blurred background because who wants to see pics of feet? Also pictured: Royal Canadian Mounted police statue for cultural balance.  

Re: Tuesday

• Options
    @CharmedPam wait what!? He was fired because of making you pre-pay?
    Side note, I did snort a tad at the RCMP statue because they're apparently potentially a part of the investigations with residential schools
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2021
    Side note, I did snort a tad at the RCMP statue because they're apparently potentially a part of the investigations with residential schools
    No, not fired but my insurance company dropped him from their network.  I’m sure he works with other insurance companies. He knew he should have gotten authorization first (or you think he should have known) but didn’t.
    lol I had that guy for years! I had no idea they were part of the investigation :(

• Options
    I'm debating next year getting "fancy" sunglasses. I've pretty much narrowed down to Kate Spade or Michael Kors but idk. They're $180-ish and it's definitely not out of the realm of possibility - but we'll see. It wouldn't be until next year anyways.

I do need to pick up new sandals. Mine are falling apart. I may ask my mum to see if she can find a pair near her place. This is year 3 on them, so that's not shocking lol

I'm painting my counters this week since BK is gone and I'm home Friday. M isn't thrilled I'm doing it but he also gets this is easiest/best time to do it considering.
    This way if it also stinks, BK isn't home to breath the fumes.
  • Options
    No, not fired but my insurance company dropped him from their network.  I’m sure he works with other insurance companies. He knew he should have gotten authorization first (or you think he should have known) but didn’t.
    lol I had that guy for years! I had no idea they were part of the investigation :(
    Oh! Damn insurance in states is crazy.

Yeh the investigation is MOSTLY on the Catholic Churches but they're questioning RCMP as not knowing or not investigating.
    It's a whole rabbit hole that is crazy.
    To be clear, I'm not saying to get rid of your statue :) 

M is very big on "Canada Rocks!" and this is probably the first year he's agreed that celebrating Canada Day is wrong  :\  he's taking it harder than he lets on
  • Options
    Might be an UO but I'd never buy expensive sunglasses.  I tend to lose them or they get scratched because of taking them on and off often.  

Had dinner last night with a long time friend who is in from out of town.  We had a good visit.  We've known each other since we were 3 yrs old!  

There is some work drama going on.  Nothing new so it's getting old.  Basically, my co-worker won't hand off to our Administrative Assistant but then complains about not having enough time to do things that can't be handed off.  Ugh, dude stop being a martyr.
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2021
    @MNNEBride we have someone here like that too.  It’s so aggravating. I don’t even want to close up and leave the office with her anymore because it takes 6 minutes to get to my car, and that’s all I get to hear about!

I usee to have that theory on expensive glasses vs. cheaper ones but let me tell you I got a “free” pair of ray-bans with my restylene injections (they weren’t free, probably hidden in the cose of the fillers, which I didn’t know much about at the time) but let me tell you - you’ll take better care of these glasses, you’ll treat them like a brick ot gold! No scratches yet! Actually my cheaper ones scratch pretty easy. 

• Options
    MNNEBride said:
    Might be an UO but I'd never buy expensive sunglasses.  I tend to lose them or they get scratched because of taking them on and off often.  
    As long as I have a case, mine don't get scratched. My current sunglasses idgaf and don't have case, so they're scratched a.f lol
    My actual glasses I only use a case if traveling anywhere.
  • Options
    I remember that @CharmedPam. He was full of shit on multiple levels. I’m sorry you had to argue for so long. 

I’m back at work and still in a fog. I’m trying to figure out why it’s hitting me so hard. I think it’s just everything at once and I’m feeling guilty about leaving on vacation now. My Aunt begins chemo in two weeks, so right when we leave. I wish I could be here to help her and my Mom. My Grandma is really struggling and I’m worried about her. My Mom said she’s lost about 10 pounds in the past week. I called her last night and she was just so sad. 

Otherwise SSDD. Hike tonight and then only three more days of work until I’m off. Work got crazy right before I left yesterday and I still have anxiety about it. I’m trying to center myself but man is it a struggle. 

• Options
    @levioosa Give yourself some grace right now. You're right, you've been through a lot recently.
    Deep breath.
  • Options
    @levioosa sorry your so stressed.
    do you meditate?  I would recommend downloading a mediation app and try to find 20-25 minutes, sit down and meditate (or use hypnosis apps which i’m starting to love) it’s so calming.  Mine has “beach” background music and I felt like I was literally on that beach for 25.  When you can’t make it to the real beach, this kinda helps your state of mind.

• Options
    @MNNEBride we have someone here like that too.  It’s so aggravating. I don’t even want to close up and leave the office with her anymore because it takes 6 minutes to get to my car, and that’s all I get to hear about!

I usee to have that theory on expensive glasses vs. cheaper ones but let me tell you I got a “free” pair of ray-bans with my restylene injections (they weren’t free, probably hidden in the cose of the fillers, which I didn’t know much about at the time) but let me tell you - you’ll take better care of these glasses, you’ll treat them like a brick ot gold! No scratches yet! Actually my cheaper ones scratch pretty easy. 
    DH gave me a pair of Maui Jim's 18 mo ago for Christmas.  Those things still look great (and should for that cost!) and they are LIGHT AS A FEATHER.  So many glasses hurt my ears and slip down and these do not.  Plus, as a grown up with a small face, these are much nicer than the current trend of aviators that make me look like a child wearing her mom's glasses. 
  • Options
    I agree on the expensive glasses. The ones I have had last longer and I tend to take better care of them. I now have prescription ones but before these, I had nice non- prescription ones that would last forever. I would get tired of them!

Wading through laundry and ironing. I love wearing linen and cotton in the summer but hate ironing it. H is going through some drama with one of his brothers. I feel so bad for him. H is the oldest and all the shit always gets laid on him because he's the oldest!  I told him we should go out to dinner tonight so he can have a margarita! 

That's crazy about that doctor @CharmedPam! That one can't be blamed on the insurance company if he didn't call and get authorization when he presumably knew he was suppose to do so!
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I love the birthday portrait! what a cool idea
  • Options
    That's fucked up @CharmedPam.  I'm glad you got reimbursed, but wow. 

I have a pair of fancy sunglasses (Michael Kors purple aviators) that I never wear anymore.  They are metal and get stuck in my hair when I perch them on my head.  I buy 3 for $9.99 sunglasses off Amazon that I initially bought for boating and ended up loving them for every day (they're polarized and all that). DH does wear Oakley's and has had a few pairs.  He's had to replace lenses and we have floaties to put on them for when we're out on the water. 

I need to figure out where to meet my friend for dinner tomorrow.  DH and DefConn are probably going to see Fast 9.  

I have a renewed determination to keep up on the house and especially dishes/kitchen.  This always lasts like a week.  I am telling myself it will last this time.  Ha. 

It's hot af.  I hope that we get rain soon to cool things off. 

It's...Tuesday...so there's that.  LOL  
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    I buy 3 for $9.99 sunglasses off Amazon that I initially bought for boating and ended up loving them for every day (they're polarized and all that).
    please share with the class lol
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    I buy 3 for $9.99 sunglasses off Amazon that I initially bought for boating and ended up loving them for every day (they're polarized and all that).
    please share with the class lol
    https://www.amazon.com/Polarized-Sunglasses-Women-Pack-Pairs/dp/B00Q7FVURO/ref=sr_1_5?crid=MKWENBY56WXP&dchild=1&keywords=gamma+ray+polarized+sunglasses&qid=1624990509&sprefix=gamma+ray+p,aps,199&sr=8-5
  • Options
    I'm not sure who is older in this house:

-Last night Chiquita made us feel SUPER old as she started to ask questions like, "Dad, in the Simpsons, how is it that Bart could hear Homer on the phone?"  That lead to some quality discussion about how landlines work.  

-This afternoon I walked into the family room to take a break and Chiquito was sitting on the couch watching Doug DeMuro rate the specs of a McLaren.  Not sure where he'll get the money for it but hey - it's better than Blippie. 
  • Options
    banana468 said:

-This afternoon I walked into the family room to take a break and Chiquito was sitting on the couch watching Doug DeMuro rate the specs of a McLaren.  Not sure where he'll get the money for it but hey - it's better than Blippie. 
    Um Chiquito and DefConn could be BFF's.  ALL he watches on YouTube is supercar videos, with some outdoors guys and Dude Perfect.