Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Walk Down The Aisle

I'm looking for suggestions of instrumental christian songs or hymns that I could walk down the aisle to. The bridal party is walking down to Something Beautiful by NEEDTOBREATHE and the recessional is Multiplied by NEEDTOBREATHE

Re: Walk Down The Aisle

• Options
    "Christian songs" is a huge category.  Can you be more specific?  Catholic weddings have rules about using liturgical music, but I don't think this is what you mean.  There is modern praise music, a whole category into itself, which I am not familiar with.  Traditional hymns are usually about 100 years old or more.  The church weddings I played organ for used classical music from composers like Bach, Handel, Pachelbel.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    Here's a couple.  Check out Oceans by Hillsong United, or The Day Before You by Matthew West, or Dare You TO Move by Switchfoot, or Generator by Freelance Whales.  Another idea, plug the songs you've already selected into a pandora playlist, and see what they suggest!  

• Options
    When I Say I Do is another good one by Matthew West, and for something entirely different Grow old Along With Me by Mary Chapin Carpenter is pretty.  A couple others I heard at a wedding that I thought were pretty:  From The Ground Up by Dan & Shay, and Giving It All To You by Haley & Michaels, and Marry Me By Train
  • Options
    Just wanted to throw this song out there. I didn’t want to do “Canon in D” like everyone else but I always wanted a string quartet for some reason. I found this song on youtube called “Twelve Year (Reprise).” Just search for like “Twelve Year wedding song”.

You can download the sheet music for them to play at your wedding, or just download the MP3 from their website. www.twelveyear.com/store
    Worked out great... felt special to use something no one heard before... Beautiful song for walking down the aisle.