Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Day of Coordinator

Who used a DOC?
Pros-cons? Worth it or not?
How much did you pay?
I'm located in Maryland if anyone has prices from there!
I was recently quoted 2K, she took it down to 1800.

Re: Day of Coordinator

• MyNameIsNotMyNameIsNot member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2021
    I had one. I found someone on my local board who was just starting out, so she was pretty inexpensive. I don't remember exactly, but less than $500. It was well worth it at that price. She set up our centerpieces and made sure the decor was correct, handled all the little things like vendor scheduling and timing, and was able to hop in for the mini-emergencies and tasks that came up during the day. We wouldn't have eaten that day if not for her. She thought to get a tray of passed apps for the WP during photos, but also boxed up meals and champagne and tucked them in our getaway car. 

I don't know if I would pay $2000 for just one day, though. 
  • DD had a wedding planner but if she had gotten married in our hometown, we would've hired a DOC just so we didn't have to worry about things getting done that day - and to make sure the schedule was made. If you decide to do it make sure the person's responsibilities are specifically stated in the contract i.e. scheduling vendors and timing, setting up for the reception (decor), gathering gifts or whatever it is you need them to do. Considering what we paid for a planner for the entire process (in a major metropolitan area), $1800 doesn't seem totally unreasonable but you could shop around and/or ask friends what their experience has been.