Wedding Woes
Options

Bridesmaids Dress Stolen (XP)

edited July 2021 in Wedding Woes
Hello! I'm posting because unfortunately my car was broken into last night and my bridesmaids dress was stolen, and the wedding is in two and a half weeks. I'm wondering if anyone here might have a similar dress they'd be willing to sell or rent to me, my cousin is already going through so much with her wedding and I don't want to add to it!
The dress was the Alfred Sung D767 (cap sleeve pleated skirt dress with pockets) in Rose Pantone, size 22W. I can wear anything from a size 18 up, if anyone has anything they think might help I would be super super appreciative!! xx

Re: Bridesmaids Dress Stolen (XP)

• Options
    You also might try the original store to see if they could do a rush order.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry this happened to you! Have you contacted bridal shops near you? Your community message boards? It's not likely that you'll get the same exact dress in the size you need, but you can always try, and a bridal shop might have some off-the-rack dresses that could work. I do think you need to tell the bride ASAP, though. Tell her you're working on the solution, but if you can't get the exact dress, ask her if she's okay with you wearing another dress in that or a complementary color or if she'd prefer you to stand down.

If I were the bride, I'd just want you up there, so would likely be fine with you wearing a different dress. Yes, it will look mismatched in the pictures, but it's also part of the story of her wedding that her cousin's car was burglarized. No wedding is perfect and sometimes you have to ride with it. It is a shame about the expense for you, though, and for the loss of the dress.
  • Options
    Oh no!  In addition to the suggestions from other posters, you might try posting on a local Facebook page or similar.  I would also try bridal shops from the surrounding area to see if they might have one in stock.  
  • Options
    XP...  Your cousin may be going through a lot, however the reality is it's better to rip the bandaid off now a few weeks before the wedding than at the wedding itself if you're unable to find an exact match because if that's the case, then you're going to need time to find something to wear (18-22W formals can be a challenge to find in-person)...  Check with the original place you purchased the dress from to see if you can get a dress rush overnight shipped ASAP..  From there, check Poshmark, Ebay, and most of all, Marketplace under odd search terms because you never know when the person who stole it is going to try to flip it in a hurry...