Wedding Woes
Options

Friday!

We made it!  This has felt like the longest week for some reason.  I finally took a sleeping aid last night and I feel like a new woman.

Bought my book for the paralegal certification, have a line on the 2nd job, so things are progressing on that front.  I'm going to try and see Snake Eyes and Old this weekend.  No really big plans, besides maybe going to see my parents and just relaxing.

Re: Friday!

• Options
    I'm tired af this morning.  The kiddo called us around 1am because one of FIL's dogs cut her foot when he let her out.  (FIL is OOT) DH told him what to do, but it stressed me out because those phone calls in the past were never good.  It took me a min to get back to sleep. 

DH's work stuff is starting to get a little roller coaster-ish.  He got as official a confirmation as he's gotten so far that they lost the contract he's been working on and they're supposedly making a formal announcement today or next week.  His co-manager is getting ready to jump ship in the next few days and DH is worried he's going to be handed an extremely bad shit sandwich.  He's putting himself out there for all sorts of jobs.  His dinner with old co-workers went well last night.

Lil sis is either in court or it's about to start for their hearing about foster nephew.  BIL's dad is also really going down hill quickly (he's in hospice) and it's awful.  It's all so very much at once and I'm worried about them.  

Going to other sister's tonight.  Boating tomorrow. Sunday is hopefully for relaxing.  

I have to do a lunch time store run.  I'd rather take a nap.  
  • Options
    Yes to feeling like a long a.f week!

No luck yesterday, so we don't know what changed. We thought Wednesday was turning point, but nothing.
    Idk. We're hoping it was a blip but we'll see.

My mum is coming this afternoon to watch BK so M can pick me up and we practice driving.
    No drive tests are booking right now until spring right now - major backlog due to lockdown - but I feel there could be something sooner. I just wanna practice and be sure I'm ready if there is opening.

Anyways, M has said he's not giving up and she'll be trained by the time I'm back at work.
    Tbh we really don't have time otherwise and although the preschool does help them, it'd just be easier if it was done and over with. At least next year while on holidays, we could do more with her since she'll be trained. Also likely out of naps - so M could take her to the beach, etc.
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger it sounds like BK may just not be ready for potty training yet? Kids have to really want it too, and there’s a lot of patience and time involved. If you keep forcing it it might cause a lot of anxiety and regression for her. Also going to pre-school half potty trained might be very helpful because then she’ll see other kids using it too and that might help motivate her. 

Another shit show of a day at work. Another call off we can’t afford, and I’m still not caught up on work from vacation because I’ve been helping everywhere else. I hope these next 9 hours go by quickly. No real plans this weekend other than heading to the nail salon, taking care of some errands, and a date night with FI. 

@mrsconn23  fingers crossed DH gets a bite on one of his job hunts. I’m sorry everything else is going on too. That’s a lot. *hugs*

• Options
    Holy crap, no driving tests till SPRING? That’s a bit ridic.
    @mrsconn23 you and the fam have a lot on your plate right now. I hope you do have a relaxing weekend. 
    @VarunaTT, old is on my list but also don’t breathe 2. I actually liked the first.  Never heard of Snake Eyes.  Maybe I’ll see Old this Sunday or Monday.

Tonight is a wreath making class, tomorrow it’ll be 100 with the index and I committed to a county fair. Ugh.  Also, I’m getting vivace done: @levioosa, if you’re here, you know about med spas.  I googled and you don’t tip for injections and medical microneedling.  This I *think* falls under that category because if the RF right?  I have three apts paid for and set up already. If I see results, I’ll leave a little something at the end of them, but it’s not expected amiright? 
    https://www.vivaceexperience.com/

• Options
    Ooo, I just realized it's 2 weeks until I get new ink!!

I seriously never thought I'd be a person excited about tattoos.
  • Options
    VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited July 2021

@VarunaTT, old is on my list but also don’t breathe 2. I actually liked the first.  Never heard of Snake Eyes.  Maybe I’ll see Old this Sunday or Monday.
    Snake Eyes is the origin story of the GI Joe character.  From previews, it doesn't look like you need to know much beyond, "Snake Eyes is a GI Joe character".  I am a huge fan of fight choreography and it looks really good so far.
  • Options
    @levioosa We've considered it but she also has stopped asking for diapers {which she had before}
    She seems to really like her undies and is asking for them, so something might be working? We have 2 more weeks so we're getting more hands off {really more reminding, watching and encouraging liquids} to see if that helps
  • Options
    @CharmedPam I had to look up Vivace because I wasn’t familiar and now I’m jealous. I’ve heard of partial combos for those type of treatments, but not all at once. It sounds great. I wouldn’t tip though, unless it was coupled with a full facial before or after, which it doesn’t sound like it is. 

• Options
    Holy crap, no driving tests till SPRING? That’s a bit ridic.
    @mrsconn23 you and the fam have a lot on your plate right now. I hope you do have a relaxing weekend. 

Tonight is a wreath making class, tomorrow it’ll be 100 with the index and I committed to a county fair. Ugh.  Also, I’m getting vivace done: @levioosa, if you’re here, you know about med spas.  I googled and you don’t tip for injections and medical microneedling.  This I *think* falls under that category because if the RF right?  I have three apts paid for and set up already. If I see results, I’ll leave a little something at the end of them, but it’s not expected amiright? 
    https://www.vivaceexperience.com/
    I took a wreath making class - it was a lot of fun!  I hope you enjoy it!  Now whenever I trim my mulberry tree I often make wreath forms out of it, but then I don't decorate them, so I have ten wreath forms just hanging around my house.  I should give them away.

• Options
    I don't want to jinx myself, but it seems like I'm all set to get out on time for once, lol.

I have a mystery shop I'm doing after work and, since it's in the suburbs, will probably visit/shop a few places I don't normally go to.

I really want to go out to eat once or twice this weekend.  Just in a mood, plus it's restaurant specials time for the rest of summer.

My H and I have been a little frustrated with our neighbor who wants us to buy her house.  Or at least that's what she said and approached us about it last year.  But it's been 3 months and she hasn't signed the Purchase Agreement.  We were trying to get together with her for the first month to go over it together.  Then she asked for a copy to review first.  Sure, fine.  Though she could have told us that in the beginning.  My H approached her again a few days ago, because she has now had it for two months. 

We haven't been trying to hound her, but we've brought it up a few times.  The latest update:

She wants to make an unnecessary change to it.  OMFG.  She has a right to live there during her lifetime.  I already have that in the PA.  But then she worried about what would happen if I pass away before her, she doesn't want my heirs kicking her out of the house.  That's already covered the way it is written.  But that's fine also.  I can add verbiage to make her feel more comfortable, but why am I only being told this now?  We are practicing a lot of patience.

I mean, on the one hand, people should be careful about what they sign.  But, at the same time, a PA doesn't mean much.  Especially in this situation.  It's just a means to an end, to give to my real estate attorney who will use it to draw up the real legal documents, ie the closing contract.  I told her that previously, but I can see where maybe she doesn't fully understand how it works.  Come to think of it, she never purchased/closed on this house.  She inherited it from her parents.  

But in this last conversation she had with my H, I think the actual issue came up.  She's feeling sad at the prospect of no longer being a homeowner.  She's old school New Orleans and grew up, upper middle class.  I think to her, it's a drop in "status".  She even mentioned that property records are printed in the newspaper and "what will people think".  I'm trying to be sensitive to her feelings and I know I grew up in a different generation, but that just sounded so weird.  Who are these "people"?  She has out-of-state friends and friends around the neighborhood (like us), but she's told other neighbors we are buying the house.  Plus, are there people who regularly read legal notices in the paper, just for fun?  I could see a person here or there that might do that, but I don't picture many people doing that.

At any rate, we've really been looking forward to this project and opportunity, but are now prepared that she might change her mind.

Though I will need to have one of two CTJ talks with her.  1) Right now, I'm not out any money.  But if she signs the PA, I will potentially incur legal costs.  I don't want her coming to the closing table and then backing out because she is overwhelmed by all the legal jargon.  I will put it more nicely than that, but I will warn her that while a layperson can get the gist of each section and the attorney will summarize it, most people (myself included) won't understand all the words/phrases.  I'll offer to show her the closing documents for one of my other properties, so she can see what I am talking about.

2) If she changes her mind, obviously that's her choice and it won't affect our friendship.  But I will warn her that, if she changes her mind again and wants us to buy it later, we would!  IF we have the money available.  But we might not, if we are in the midst of another real estate project.  In fact, that was what we told her last year when she first approached us.  We said we'd love to talk about that, but weren't in a position to buy her house until after we finished the renovations for our duplexes and then refii'ed them and another property back out. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I feel for you @mrsconn23 I hope things move forward without causing too much turbulence. FX for your sister and her family.

@VarunaTT I bet you feel a lot better now that you have a goal to work towards.

@MissKittyDanger good luck with the driving. 

@charlotte989875 Happy Birthday!

I packed 90% of my bag today, just need to add toiletries and electronics. I need to do DS's laundry before I pack his so waiting until the end of the week.

DH is working on setting up a VPN for me to watch the Olympics. Idk why it is always such a problem for me (and him) but it seems so easy for other people.
  • Options
    levioosa said:
    @MissKittyDanger it sounds like BK may just not be ready for potty training yet? Kids have to really want it too, and there’s a lot of patience and time involved. If you keep forcing it it might cause a lot of anxiety and regression for her. Also going to pre-school half potty trained might be very helpful because then she’ll see other kids using it too and that might help motivate her. 

Another shit show of a day at work. Another call off we can’t afford, and I’m still not caught up on work from vacation because I’ve been helping everywhere else. I hope these next 9 hours go by quickly. No real plans this weekend other than heading to the nail salon, taking care of some errands, and a date night with FI. 

@mrsconn23  fingers crossed DH gets a bite on one of his job hunts. I’m sorry everything else is going on too. That’s a lot. *hugs*
    So much this! When DD and SIL were training the boys, the first time they weren't ready. Fast forward a month or two and it went easily. They really have to be ready.
  • Options
    kerbohl said:
    I just went camping for a few days, and I have today off work.  It's nice .... I needed a break.  Then, while I was gone I heard that the vaccination clinics were now accepting walk-ins.  So last night when I came back from camping we looked into it and hubby and I are getting the second shot today!  Hooray!  Two months earlier than originally expected, since I was scheduled for September 27th.  

Hubby stayed home with the animals while I was camping, and he surprised me when I came back with this model horse that I've been trying to find for decades.  Like, full on decades - my parents gave me this set when I was 5 and there was a bunch of horses you can get and there was one that I really wanted but I could never find it in the stores.  And then they stopped selling them new but I could never find it at garage sales.  But Ebay is a wonderful thing .... it's ridiculous how much this little toy (which cost $1.25 back when I was looking for it) has made me happy.  What a nice thing to come back to!
    That is so sweet of your H!
  • Options
    Update - BK initiated a potty pee lol
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    so frustrating @short+sassy any chance there is a friend or family member she can include in conversations so she feels more comfortable with what is going on and can maybe be a good buffer? 
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    my day: @**$& @*$*Y$&@(@( @$$**!!!!!!

That about sums it up.
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    so frustrating @short+sassy any chance there is a friend or family member she can include in conversations so she feels more comfortable with what is going on and can maybe be a good buffer? 

NIB
    Not really.  I know she (S) has talked about it with another neighbor (C) that we are both good friends with also.  C is glad we are buying the house and has been encouraging her.

Logically, S knows it is a better financial decision for herself.  She'll have a chunk of money now to use in her final years, plus fewer bills (property insurance and taxes).  But it is a big step and it seems she is having a hard time coming to terms with it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker