Wedding Woes
Options

Waffle Wednesday

It’s what’s for breakfast. The faculty room is super empty right now -which is weird considering the day is about to start- so figured I’d squeeze in a post. Wishing everyone a great day!

Re: Waffle Wednesday

• Options
    I wish I was eating a waffle right now! Although I did get a bagel this morning..lol. 

SSDD here. Bleh. It's only Wednesday. 
  • Options
    I thought this was going to be a twatwaffle post LOL that word cracks me up
  • Options
    Some big thunderstorms blew through last night when I was just about to go to sleep. Ended up being up until almost 2am bc the storms made me wide awake. Then B was up just before 6 although I was up already bc of the stupid planes that fly low over my house from 4-6am. 

On the bright side my chair massage at work yesterday was awesome, my haircut turned out good, and I scored a great set of electric lawn equipment for a steal. Had hopes to use the gas mower and weedwacker that came with the house but the mower keeps crapping out and I didnt have the special oil/gas mix for the weedwacker. Going to try to sell those for cheap as someone who likes to tinker can surely get the mower working great since it seems to work off and on. 
  • Options
    Yay for the chair massage and haircut KV (and your haircut too climbing)…I desperately need a cut and color myself you both reminded me to call and make an appt!

If it’s any consolation I had a lame kodiak waffle for breakfast, they’re usually pretty good but the toaster setting was too high but not high enough to justify throwing it out and grabbing another. The decadent Belgian waffles were the kids’ 😒
  • Options
    We had crazy storms last night. More Southern Ontario had tornado warnings {1 touched down}
    I kept trying to sleep but the thunder was just rolling around.

BK slept through it. I love the hatch lol

That being said, she was exhausted so I think she could have slept through anything lol
    We're planning lowkey weekend because I know she's tired. New routine.
    She loves preschool and did a little happy dance when one of her teachers came to say hi
    They saw first hand that she doesn't like other kids sad - which is fun to see because no one really gets it until they see she isn't just saying "he is sad", she is genuinely concern. Empathetic kid.
    She's really loving preschool. I'm so happy :) 

Evenings are still chaotic.

We've half made a decision that if I pass my license in December, I'm going to push more winter driving and look at a car sooner.
    I know my price range and I'm still doing the used route because of that. {If I didn't have my line of credit, it'd be different because I'd have extra money}
    So probably early spring I'll be looking for a car pending all the things.
  • Options
    Also crazy storms here. I also want waffles. And I still want pizza from yesterday’s thread. 

Interview went fine yesterday (I think), they were super disorganized but overall I think it was good. We’ll see. I’m pretty unhappy where I’m at, but love the company overall. I’m trying to find internal roles but as soon as I apply my manager gets notified so I’m hesitant unless it’s exactly what I what. 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Well apparently we now have a security guard at my job. A former employee has shown up twice very clearly on drugs and has been sending threating text messages to the owners. Yikes. 

Has anyone been following the Murdaugh family story in South Carolina???
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2021
    Yikes @charlotte989875 that sucks that you cant apply without your manager knowing.

waffle sounds good. Strawberries, bananas and whip.

Today & Tomorrow we have staff meetings and dinners.  So healthy eating goes out the door for these days.
    btw, PSA: for anyone with thinner, flat hair - I’ve been using this (easier to just attach a pic) the last few days and LOVING it. Don’t let the $95 dollar price tag stop you. You use very little and it’s fantastic and gives you that oomph at the roots.  All day. 
    Edit: it wont let me attach it.  It’s Hair Rituel by sisley. Volumizing spray, texture & density (Nordstrom). Black/yellow/white bottle.

• Options
    Yes we were in SC when the Murdaugh saga started (at least him being shot). Boy, it was all. over. the. news! I figured from the get go he did it to himself.

Well I was right about the washing machine! Nothing wrong with it. The technician did al sorts of test and nary a leak. He did say they have a 30 day guarantee so if it  leaks within that time he will come back out without an additional service fee.

I have a facial scheduled for this afternoon along with an eyebrow wax and tint. Looking forward to that. Started doing some fall clean up in the garden this morning. We are hiring the biggest part of that out to a landscaper though.  
  • Options
    We talked about how Broadway opened up and Chiquita asked if she could see Hamilton.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. 

Work stuff is about to hit the fan because everything costs more now.  I have not scoured the web or economists but I'd LOVE to see if anyone is doing studies on how the unvaccinated are not just affecting hospitals, but they're affecting the supply chain and that's getting passed down in the form of cost increases.  So my current theory is that if you're pissed off that everything costs more now - blame the unvaccinated.  (I acknowledge that I can't prove this). 

On a TOTALLY different note I'm (TMI alert) toying with the idea of waxing. 
  • Options
    Broadway Across Canada starts up soon and our previous Hamilton tix are for January now. Cats never rebooked and I'm pissed :(

But I just had a meeting with my boss - next month I sit on sessions to get my hours. But also they decided to reimburse my exam fee.
    Which is really good because half that money can go to extra savings and the other half will be for my tatt on the 27th lol {money already accounted for earlier - just better now I don't have to dip into savings}
  • Options
    @banana468 I've had good (and one bad) experiences at Euro Wax Center. Also my hair stylist gave me a good tip about spraying the area the Dermaplast before waxing, and it helps to cut down on the pain. If you go, make sure it's with a tech that has a lot of good reviews! 

I saw Cats on Broadway back in the 90s and it was honestly one of the only musicals I didn't like. 
  • Options
    yikes @climbingsingle that's scary about the former employee

I read some about that SC family, but haven't kept up aside from the news of the dad and him resigning or something. GUess i need to go read more 

@charlotte989875 are you able to have an open conversation with your boss about how you feel? I'm sure the company would ultimately like to keep a good employee even if it means its in another area
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    yikes @climbingsingle that's scary about the former employee

I read some about that SC family, but haven't kept up aside from the news of the dad and him resigning or something. GUess i need to go read more 

@charlotte989875 are you able to have an open conversation with your boss about how you feel? I'm sure the company would ultimately like to keep a good employee even if it means its in another area
    I tried telling my manager I wasn’t feeling like I was contributing to value anymore and that I wanted to do more work where that was the case. He basically said he disagreed that I wasn’t adding value and that was it.