Wedding Woes
Options

Stare right back at him?

Dear Prudence, 

My husband and I are close with another couple, “June” and “Mike.” The husbands were friendly first through a shared hobby, but not social outside of that. A few years ago, June and I got to talking pretty intensely and became BFFs. The four of us now socialize often. We happily have lots of shared interests, travel well together, and have a great circle of mutual friends.

The problem: Recently, on two occasions, it seemed as if Mike was looking at me a bit too much. Not creepy, but kind of puppy dog-ish. I thought it might have been my imagination, as he’s never been inappropriate, handsy, or anything like that. However, at a recent (all-vaxxed) outdoor event, it happened again and a third person noticed it. This person hasn’t said anything since, but at the time did a sort of double take, then gave me a pointed look with raised eyebrows. I just pretended I didn’t notice at first, but now at least one person has noticed. June and Mike have a solid marriage, but I know that partners in the best of marriages can have thoughts of others. I just don’t want to be the object! How should I handle this? Help!

- Wandering Eyes

Re: Stare right back at him?