Wedding Woes
Options

Tuesday

What's up on everyone's favorite day?

Re: Tuesday

• Options
    Sounds like you're having a pretty decent Tuesday @Casadena hope it stays that way. 🙂

Pretty normal day here. DS and I went to my friend's house for a playdate and coffee. A couple other friends came by too so it was nice to see them. DH wanted to go run some errands and have dinner out after work today but then his meeting ran late. I had nothing planned for dinner so we ordered in. Tonight is a bath night.
    Tomorrow I will go to the gym then go pick up the anniversary present from the store. (Idk why delivery wasn't and option but in store pick up was). Thursday I have soft plans to have coffee with a friend but we will see.
  • Options
    Thanks @Casadena, I’ll give that a try. Yay for the good feeling today!
    @missJeanLouise can you spare some of your gym motivation? I can’t get back into it even before my vaca. I still have houseguests (they leave today), which make using my gym in the morning difficult -  but it also has to do with my lack of sleep. I used to sleep through the night.  My melatonin doesn’t have the same effect anymore, and because I’m up all night, I’ll reset my alarm knowing I’ll need that extra hour of sleep if and when I get back to it.  Thus - no a.m. workouts and “working out after work”?  Yeah. I gave up on that. 

• Options
    Congrats @charlotte989875! That’s awesome! Is it bad timing for work reasons or personal? If work only, don’t beat yourself up to badly about the timing. Everything happens for a reason!

• Options
    I got a job offer yesterday. It’s a good offer and something where I’d learn something new. It’s great and I’m happy they want to hire me but the timing seems terrible. I have an employee who put in their 2 weeks yesterday and I’ve been trying to put together an internal transition (because I need to leave my role, I hadn’t heard back from the interview, and I generally like my company) but that’s moving slowly. 
    Is the timing bad for you? Or bad for your company. Because you shouldn’t actually factor in whether the timing is bad for your company. They will cope. 
    100% this. Don't worry about the company, decide on if the new job is best for you and your family. 
  • Options
    @Casadena, it sounds like you're having an upbeat day!  I love those, especially when they happen randomly.  Good luck on the interview!  Maybe they will surprise you and it turns out to be great sounding opportunity.

My small victory of the day, but one I have been looking for my entire, lol.  One thing the COVID era has taught me is that alcohol swabs are useful for a number of things.  For example, I wipe down my keyboard, mouse, and desk with one a few times a week.

But I made a new alcohol swab discovery!  It takes coffee/tea stains out of mugs like they're nothing.  We don't have a dishwasher at my work or scrubby sponges so, in the past, the best I could do with my work coffee mug was scrub it as hard as I could with hot water, dish soap, and a paper towel.  Marginal results.  Quite frankly, even scrubby sponges and a dishwasher at home can only do so much.

On a whim, I tried an alcohol swab on my work mug.  I couldn't believe my eyes when it just swiped those stains right off.  This mug is years old and I assumed some of the staining was permanent.  But now it looks brand new.  Every sip of coffee I take this morning, I'm thinking, "I can't believe how clean you look, Work Coffee Mug." Sometimes it doesn't take much to brighten my day, lol.

In addition to that, I'm generally having a good day also, despite a poor night's sleep.  I have a nice chunk of work to do, to keep me occupied.  But nothing that is urgent, so no stress.  Hopefully I didn't just jinx myself, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I got a job offer yesterday. It’s a good offer and something where I’d learn something new. It’s great and I’m happy they want to hire me but the timing seems terrible. I have an employee who put in their 2 weeks yesterday and I’ve been trying to put together an internal transition (because I need to leave my role, I hadn’t heard back from the interview, and I generally like my company) but that’s moving slowly. 
    Is the timing bad for you? Or bad for your company. Because you shouldn’t actually factor in whether the timing is bad for your company. They will cope. 
    It’s bad for me, too. The kerfuffle with daycare yesterday, H is about to be gone a lot in the fall, and what I really want is this internal position but it’s moving SO SLOWLY. But I don’t want to pass up a great opportunity for something that might not even come about. 
  • Options
    @CharmedPam if you can re-set how you're sleeping I definitely recommend an AM workout.  I find that by the end of the day I'm in evening insanity mode.  I don't have time to get in a workout between kids' activities and meal prep but I can force myself out of bed.  I do find I need to really curb the alcohol before bedtime though or it sends me into an ugly sleep pattern. 

• Options
    kvruns said:
    100% this. Don't worry about the company, decide on if the new job is best for you and your family.

YUP!  DH left his last company less than a month after the other manager left and they effectively didn't have any mangers dedicated to one site.  They've figured it out.

Do what's best for you and your family. 

CONGRATS!! 
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    kvruns said:

YUP!  DH left his last company less than a month after the other manager left and they effectively didn't have any mangers dedicated to one site.  They've figured it out.

Do what's best for you and your family. 

CONGRATS!! 
    Thank you!! I know it’s (past) time I left my current role so I’m trying to figure out if this role is the right one or if I need to be searching somewhere else. I really want the internal role (that doesn’t actually exist) but if that’s not going to happen I’d probably take the offer. 
  • Options
    @Casadena, ugly mug has a 20% off plus free shipping over $50 sale going on.  Guess who’s set till next fall? 

• Options
    Is the timing bad for you? Or bad for your company. Because you shouldn’t actually factor in whether the timing is bad for your company. They will cope
    This exact sentence I have to remind M as he job hunts.
  • Options
    Ugh.  Tuesday. 

I've been having *wild* dreams lately.  I know it's because IDK how our life (my evenings especially) is going to look after DH goes to his permanent shift next week.  But they have been very realistic and I've been waking up all, "WTF?!"  

I'm also stressing on meal planning because I'm literally going to be cooking for me and DefConn to eat it it fresh, but I have to keep in mind that DH will eat it the next day as his dinner at work.  The kiddo works as a server and is never home for dinner. 

At least DefConn is on fall break after this week for 2 weeks.  So he will still get to see DH during the day.  

I have been laughing at all the memes and tweets about the FB/IG outage yesterday.  
  • Options
    short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2021
    @CharmedPam, not getting enough sleep is taking a big part of your motivation!  I've spent most of my life with very low thyroid levels and the tiredness that comes with.  The struggle is real.  If melatonin isn't working that well for you anymore, talk to your doctor about prescription sleeping pills.

@charlotte989875, I'm excited to hear about the new job opportunity for you!  I'd use it to push for a decision/offer to be made for the internal interview you had.  That is, if you think you'd prefer that job to the other one anyway.  It is bad timing for your current job and the team you manage, but you'll do the best you can to help with the transition.  That's all anyone could ask of you.

Edited:  I just read your last post, @charlotte989875.  So there are some factors that do not make it an ideal time for you to change jobs either.  But I agree with you, that it shouldn't hold you back from taking a better job.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @charlotte989875 congrats :) 

@Casadena that post baby "feelin myself" vibe hits different!

Remember how I mentioned about BK having potty issues at prek?
    Since my chat with the director and we've all made adjustments, she hasn't had any accidents :)
    They have been taking her more but at home we've been encouraging her to try and sit longer if she says she needs to sit.
    We haven't moved the potty yet as there's still a bunch of clutter we're working on. I'm anticipating a solid amount to be gone soon as it's a 3 day weekend.

BK actually did have another kind of accident today :( She was playing chase with another kid, and apparently tripped over her feet and bonked her head.
    They iced and kept eye out but will have a bruise and/or bump later. The school does accident reports to send home, but when it's a head bonk they send an email to the parent for a more in depth heads up and that way if parent has questions, they can answer right away.
    She's fine. My mum is keeping eye on her this afternoon and may try to do a quiet day with her.
  • Options
    @mrsconn23, I remember my dreams well.  Or at least the ones I have right before waking up.  They sometimes feel so real also that, even after I'm fully awake, I have to keep reminding myself that it didn't really happen.  But it sometimes affects how I'm feeling because, even though I know logically it didn't happen, it's like my mind still thinks it did.  Super frustrating!

I'll give an example.  On Saturday morning a couple weeks ago, I woke up having a dream where I was involved in all these meetings at work about designing a rock scrub wall (I might have the wording wrong) to help prevent mudslides at Site.  In my dream, I'd even gone to Site!  Which is in Indonesia.  If only we could travel that quickly IRL, lol. 

Two other reasons why this is hilarious.  I'm not an engineer, so I would never be in meetings or heavily involved in anything like this.  Second reason, I don't think we're doing any engineering like that for the client I work for.  That was a job at a different company I worked about 10 years ago!

But I had a low level, under current of feeling annoyed all day at my company because they were making me do work after hours and on the weekend, lmao.  I had to keep reminding myself, "No! They didn't! Just a dream."
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am losing my mind today. FMIL called FI asking him to convince his dad to go to the ER because he’s experiencing stroke symptoms. BFF is making some incredibly bull headed and stupid decisions about the end of her pregnancy that are stressing me tf out. Work is a dumpster fire today and both managers are out so I’m the extinguisher for all of the problems. I cannot. 

Congrats @charlotte989875

@short+sassy my unexpected alcohol swab hack was finding out that it takes sharpie off of gel nails like nothing else which sadly is something that happens to me all the time. 

• Options
    @Casadena that's awesome!  @charlotte989875 congratulations!  @levioosa ugh that's a lot, ouch!!
    Second Monday has been really hectic.  First quarter progress report grades are due at 8am tomorrow so there's been an inundation of make up assignments hitting my google classroom.  
  • Options
    Slow day. Lots of work. 

Congrats @charlotte989875 on your offer, even if the timing is off. Best of luck!