Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Grandfather passed just over a month out from wedding. Asking for advice

Hey y’all. My grandfather abruptly passed one week ago. He was very special to me and a big part of my life. Our wedding is just over a month out and it will definitely be tough for him to not be present. My grandmother (his wife) has thrown out two ideas as to how to include him on the big day. 1) Wrapping one of his tie tacks around my bouquet and 2) Wearing his classic black banded watch. I know brides do not typically wear watches but I’m leaning toward this idea as every single memory and photo I have of him he is wearing this watch. Just looking for honest input here to see what others think

Re: Grandfather passed just over a month out from wedding. Asking for advice

• Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I think either of your grandmother's suggestions would be perfectly appropriate. They are both lovely ways to honor the memory of your grandfather.
  • Options
    I think they both sound lovely! I’m so sorry for your family’s loss. If you like the watch and want to wear it then go for it! Who cares if some brides don’t wear one? If you want to, you should. Plus every time you see your photos and see the watch you’ll likely think fondly of him. 
  • Options
    Hey y’all. My grandfather abruptly passed one week ago. He was very special to me and a big part of my life. Our wedding is just over a month out and it will definitely be tough for him to not be present. My grandmother (his wife) has thrown out two ideas as to how to include him on the big day. 1) Wrapping one of his tie tacks around my bouquet and 2) Wearing his classic black banded watch. I know brides do not typically wear watches but I’m leaning toward this idea as every single memory and photo I have of him he is wearing this watch. Just looking for honest input here to see what others think

I'm sorry for your loss.  I love both ideas!  Depending on the size of your bouquet, you could also wrap the watch around the bouquet.  Other considerations, in addition to the two mentioned above, could include.....
    *adding his favorite hor d'oeuvre to the menu
    *making a signature drink in his honor
    *playing a song he enjoyed or playing songs from one of his preferred artists
    *adding his favorite flower or color into the reception decor.
    Congratulations and all the best on your special day!
  • Options
    IMO - wear the watch since that resonates WITH YOU the most!  Or, wear the tie tack like a brooch on your dress rather than the bouquet (depending on the style).