Second Weddings
Options

ex husband will not sign papers

I have been trying for 6 mon to get him (ex- husband) to sign the papers. But he will not , I want to start planning my wedding for sept of 2012 it is starting to drive me crazy.

Re: ex husband will not sign papers

• Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board!  I'm trying to follow your post (Do you mean he won't sign papers?), but am confused.  If the guy is already your ex, what papers does he need to sign?  I think we need more details ...

ETA:  Oh, and please add an introduction on the "Intros, please" thread, above, when you have a chance.  Thanks!
  • Options
    handfast4mehandfast4me member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having a hard time following your post, too. 

I'm in Atlanta, too.  The laws here for dissolution of marriage (if this is the state in which you filed) are pretty clear.  You don't have to have his signature, unless you're doing an uncontested divorce.  And he doesn't have to be present for the uncontested if he goes ahead and signs them. 

So, if you're trying to do an uncontested divorce, then this is the point where you drop that, and ask an attorney to step in.   He's served papers, and you go to court, and the marriage is disolved. 

Hope this helps.
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • Options
    awayagainawayagain member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's always frustrating when you can't get things finalized. Be positive and tell us about your new man!
  • Options
    natorinatori member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thank you. He has nothing that i want , and hope that it is the same for him i have nothing he wants.

• Options
    natorinatori member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     Ok i call him my ex husband because we have been separated for a year now. I just need to get this behined me, and start my new life .
  • Options
    gosuzygosuzy member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I feel your pain. My husband and I have been separated for over 15 months, and he is dragging his feet on the divorce. In my state, after one year, I can file for an uncontested divorce and I did. He is not contesting the divorce, but he is taking his time negotiating the settlement agreement, which is effectively the same thing.

I am getting my lawyer to ramp things up. I need alimony, and I need my ex to refinance the house and buy me out.

I am engaged to and living with a wonderful man, and we want to buy a house together and get married, but until my ex and I get our finances settled, I am in limbo.

It stinks.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My ex has let our divorce go into default...leaving me to fill out a stack more of papers I have to file this week. Looks good on me but still ugh!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards