Wedding Woes

Prudie day!

I'm tiiiiiired this week.  My first full busy week in the office in like 18 months?  Getting ready every morning is exhausting - and I'm wearing a cozy sweater that was a huge mistake because I just want to curl up and nap.  

What's up today?

Re: Prudie day!

• Oh @MissKittyDanger, I'm so sorry.  Losing our furry friends is so hard.  I'm really glad you got to say goodbye.

My period finally started.  I'm not sure what to do about the emotional roller coaster my period seems to be sending me on lately.  Weirdly enough, it's about 2 weeks before, then the week before I'm okay, then the period starts.  I'm trying to remember how long this has been going on, b/c I did have to up my PMDD supplement that helps with the symptoms from that; I feel like I upped it almost a year ago though  This new emotional thing is the last 3 months.  But work and life has also been stressful AF, so it's hard to know which thing could be making it worse.  But I put a tracker on my phone that's part of my smartwatch, so hopefully that'll help me start tracking these things better.

Otherwise, SSDD.  The sleep tracker, though I'm taking it with a grain of salt, is kind of interesting.  I seem to wake up right before and after going into REM.  I get very little deep sleep.  The nights here are getting colder and it's been rainy, so I've been very reluctant to do anything once I get home.
  • @MissKittyDanger so sorry for your loss!
    @levioosa that heat would drive me crazy

This has been the longest. week. ever.  STBXH was more off that usual this morning.  My cold is finally getting better- my pcr result was also negative but it was a doozy.
  • Oh @MissKittyDanger I’m so sorry! That’s so hard!
  • I’m so sorry, @MissKittyDanger. *hugs*

• I'm so sorry @MissKittyDanger
    I'm also PMSing @levioosa and want ALL the candies in my belly.  I also felt on a verge of tears all last night.  I should have given into the crying, but I didn't want to upset DefConn.  He gets all mother hen and stressed.  

It's Thursday.  I've slept like shit all week. I'm hoping it's the PMS. 

We have scouts tonight and it's supposed to be fully raining during our outdoor meeting.  I'm so not looking forward to any of it.  I need to dig out hats and gloves. I also need to finish DefConn's boat for said meeting (it's our raingutter regatta).  Our cubmaster is long-winded and I really hope we just get in and get out tonight.  I won't be surprised it attendance is shit.  

Prudie in a few.  
  • @MissKittyDanger So sorry for your loss! 

Vet visit wasn't great. My dog's CCL is completely torn and she is scheduled for surgery on 11/16. I am stressed. The surgery will be $$$$ but I already applied for Care Credit and got approved. 

The recovery is going to be 2 months and I'm freaking out about that since I have to be in the office every freaking day and can't be home watching her. I have to buy more area rugs for my floor and I'll have to keep her contained to just the kitchen area. 
  • @VarunaTT what supplement do you take? Is it prescribed? I know I have PMDD. It really is something else. I don’t really want to take a daily anti-depressant (trying to put off extra meds as long as possible for my solo kidney) but becoming casually suicidal a few days a month is not ideal either. Basically I’m being a bad patient. 

• @charlotte989875 BK's first halloween I put her in a little kitty hat, black top and pants with orange tule.
    It was all for funsies and we were just visiting family but still.
    BK barely understand halloween so we're actually putting her in costume and visiting a few houses this year lol

Tell your H it's not for Baby M, it's for you guys :) 
  • Rainy cool day here, and I'm happy about it. It's been a busy week both working and doing stuff after work, but today work is slowing down and we get to just stay home tonight. Perfect day for rain. 

Nothing much else going on. My company announced a vaccine mandate and incentive last week, which finally. But today was our big town hall and the knuckle draggers are losing their minds. It would be funny if it wasn't so sad. 
  • VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited October 2021
    levioosa said:
    @VarunaTT what supplement do you take? Is it prescribed? I know I have PMDD. It really is something else. I don’t really want to take a daily anti-depressant (trying to put off extra meds as long as possible for my solo kidney) but becoming casually suicidal a few days a month is not ideal either. Basically I’m being a bad patient. 
    I use chasteberry (brand name: Vitex).  I'm a big skeptic in stuff like this, but for years, I would go check PubMed yearly to see if they had done blind testing for it yet.  I think...at least 5 years ago, there was a double blind test done and chasteberry was found to be effective at managing symptoms and to lower the production of progesterone.  They just can't seem to figure out how it does it.  After that, I stopped tracking, so there might be new news out there.  

I buy it off of Amazon:  https://www.amazon.com/Natures-Way-Verified-Certified-Vegetarian/dp/B074N9YLVJ?pd_rd_w=VPCWO&pf_rd_p=ee521540-07c2-4687-9605-13c98e32ab2c&pf_rd_r=RV04VMTMN6VQKXH6C4PN&pd_rd_r=93b4fbf7-f080-43d8-bbb1-13fda92ec87c&pd_rd_wg=gAoOc&pd_rd_i=B074N9YLVJ&psc=1&ref_=pd_bap_d_rp_1_t

I took 2 capsules for years and it was plenty.  However, my breast pain came back with a vengeance a year ago and so I upped it to 3.  I still have some breast pain, but not nearly as bad (I can hug people and run w/out flinching).  My main issues were the mood swings, breast pain, terrible cramps, and a period that lasted almost 10 days.  Now, I tend to have a day of spotting, nothing, 2 days of bleeding, 1 more day of spotting now, cramps that are manageable with ibuprofen, limited breast pain, and (until recently), while I might be crabby, it was nothing like before.  Before, I used to tell people, "You know how people say you have an angel on one shoulder and the devil on the other?  I have the devil on one and the PMDD devil on the other.  The regular devil is afraid of her."

ETA:  I'm on an anti-depressant right now b/c I do have depression.  However, when I tried to take an anti depressant for just PMDD management, I had a terrible experience.  B/c I didn't need it all the time, I was almost maniacally happy.  It did help with the week or so of symptoms though.  So they told me to just take it that week.  So then I was always coming/going off of antidepressants, which was also terrible.  That's when I found the chasteberry supplement.
  • Sorry for your loss @MissKittyDanger
    @climbingsingle that sucks about your dog. Is she crate trained? 

Ssdd here. The kitten knocked a glass vase of flowers off the credenza and shattered it. Thankfully it was a cheap Ikea vase and dried flowers so the mess was minimal but I am still bummed because I quite liked that arrangement. 
  • It's been a week and I'm thankful it's my Friday.  

Work has been frustrating in that I'm waiting for others to do.their.job so I can do mine.  I have deadlines because I'm teaching a course this week and need folks to have access to the application we'll use.  Ugh.

After a visit with my primary, I upped the dose of a medication I take.  It's been almost a month and I'm realizing that I'm more on edge about everything.  Plus I'm having weird dreams.  I'm wondering if the upped dose is the cause.  Discussed with DH the other night and he said he's noticed.  So I've gone back down to my previous dose to see if that helps.  I don't usually have much anxiety so this has been different.  I'll discuss with my primary in the next couple of weeks.

Tomorrow DH has a back injection and then tomorrow night we are going to see Terry Fator.  We bought the tickets prior to the pandemic and the show has been re-scheduled several times.  We're going to stay over in the town where the show is and make it a little get away.  

My mom (who is 80) spent last week with her siblings in Branson.  Now it appears they spread a cold around.  I want her to get tested just to be sure it's not more.  She's fully vaccinated but just in case.  She's refusing right now but is willing if she feels worse.  Role reversal with aging parents is real!
  • @MissKittyDanger, I am so sorry about Angel!  I know he was well loved by you and your family.  ((Hugs!!!))

@charlotte989875, your H is being a Halloween Grinch, lol.  Babies and little kids are so cute in costumes.  If you want to dress Baby M up, that is enough reason to do it!

@climbingsingle, I'm also sorry to hear about your fur baby!  Surgery is such a bummer and then a long time to heal.  Poor pupper-girl!

I finally finished and submitted my SBA disaster loan application last night.  That's been hanging over my head, so I'm glad it's done.  I actually had 95% of it done a couple weeks ago, but was confused about one section and needed to talk to someone at the SBA about it.

For my job, I had a big chunk of work come in this morning, but that's actually a good thing.  I have a lot of time to do it, so it is giving me something useful to do, without adding stress.

My H and I are starting our weekly Costco scan today.  He actually has more time today than he's had for the last few Thursdays.  He said he is going to hit it hard, which would be great.  We'll see how it goes.  We've never been able to finish on a Thursday, but that is the dream, lol.  I'll be going there after work myself and can work almost 3 hours before they close.  It takes about 10 total hours to complete so, if he starts around noon today, we could definitely have it done one day.  I'm not sure when he's starting, though.  In the past he usually gets there around 3PM, but those were on busier Thursdays for him.

New Orleans lifted their mask mandate, starting tomorrow.  With some exceptions like for schools, public transportation, and medical facilities.  However, people still need to show proof of vaccination or a recent negative COVID test before they can go to many indoor places, like restaurants/bars/stadiums/gyms, etc.

Because of our Costco side-gig, I'm actually kind of glad they lifted the mask mandate.  That's a lot of hours in a somewhat physical job having to wear a mask for hours.  But I'm going to keep one on my wrist, for when I'm in busier sections of the store that have a lot of people around me.  But, most of the time for our scanning, I'm more than 6' away from people anyway.

Oh yeah!  I'm also glad for when I go to Harrahs.  That's another place that's very large square-footage wise, so I'm usually not even around other people. 

At any rate, those are the two places where I don't think it's necessary to wear a mask most of the time...at least for me personally or anyone else who is vaccinated...so I'm glad I won't need to anymore.

But grocery stores with their crowded-ass aisles that you can't even fit two carts down unless they are "perfectly" aligned?  I am definitely still wearing a mask in those places!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @CharmedPam, that looks great!  I hadn't remembered that you painted also.  Your old door looks more like something for a motel room.  If you were the one who picked the old door out, please do not read my next comment...

But if you weren't, what was the previous owner thinking?  There are a lot of very cheap, exterior doors that look much better than that one. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sorry for your loss @MissKittyDanger
    @climbingsingle that sucks about your dog. Is she crate trained? 

Ssdd here. The kitten knocked a glass vase of flowers off the credenza and shattered it. Thankfully it was a cheap Ikea vase and dried flowers so the mess was minimal but I am still bummed because I quite liked that arrangement. 
    She was crated when she was younger. I stopped when she was about 3. She's 11  now.
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2021
    @CharmedPam, that looks great!  I hadn't remembered that you painted also.  Your old door looks more like something for a motel room.  If you were the one who picked the old door out, please do not read my next comment...

But if you weren't, what was the previous owner thinking?  There are a lot of very cheap, exterior doors that look much better than that one. 
    LOL they did.  It really should have been the first thing to go but ironically was the last!
    eta/ i also had a blue/brown rug and brown ottomon in the before’s (and longer couch) but my parents took that and half the couch before I got the complete before picture. 

• @CharmedPam, that looks great!  I hadn't remembered that you painted also.  Your old door looks more like something for a motel room.  If you were the one who picked the old door out, please do not read my next comment...

LOL they did.  It really should have been the first thing to go but ironically was the last!
    Phew!  I know you have really good taste and that would have made me concerned about you, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That always throws me when when there is a post amongst the Prudie letters, lol.  Those few seconds of confusion, "Is this Prudie?  It doesn't seem like Prudie.  Oh, okay.  It's not."
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So my mum told me this - knowing I needed something to cheer me up.

Apparently there's a little boy who might have a crush on BK - or about as much of a crush a 3yr old can have.
    My mum chats with the boy's mum - we'll call him R - and apparently R talks about BK at home, and last week when BK was sick and stayed home for a couple days, R was apparently sad lol

I wish I could go to pick up one day, just to meet R lol All I know is my mum said that she thinks the family are middle eastern.
  • So sorry about Angel @MissKittyDanger. It sounds like you did a good job of explaining to BK. When our dogs died this summer DD had to do the same with the twins. However since they aren't at our house often they sometimes forget the dogs are no longer at Nana and Papa's.
    Hope the surgery goes well @climbingsingle.
    Still fighting this cold and trying to will an ear infection away.
  • I thought of you @ILoveBeachMusic.  I was listening to the Hysteria podcast yesterday and Megan Gailey said she's pregnant!   You're friends with her mom, right?   How exciting for their family.  :) 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    I thought of you @ILoveBeachMusic.  I was listening to the Hysteria podcast yesterday and Megan Gailey said she's pregnant!   You're friends with her mom, right?   How exciting for their family.  :) 
    Yes they are very excited! Yes I've known her (and her mom) since she was in elementary school.
  • @MissKittyDanger I am so sorry for your loss.  Thinking about you and your family.

@climbingsingle Sorry to hear about your pup!  When my dog was sick, I was lucky to be home with her and I can't imagine if I had to go to the office when she was sick, so I can understand how stressed this situation must be making you.  I hope that her recovery goes well!