Wedding Woes
Options

Election Day

My site is the kids' school, so although they don't have school today, I left the time I normally do to vote.  Needed my phone out because my union sent an email that we're voting for some proposals but not all, and I couldn't keep them straight, lol.  I sent STBXH a text with the school work the kids have to complete and he responded with "I'm not doing this, you'll have to do that later with them".  Which truly sums him up. Happy Tuesday everyone!

Re: Election Day

• Options
    Ugh, fuck him. I'm sorry he's being like that. 

SSDD here. I'm already ready for this day to be over. MEH. 

• Options
    Boo @ei34! What a douchcanoe. 

It's...Tuesday.  Meh.  No elections here.  

I tried to get us flu shots last night, but apparently your kid has to be 11 to get one without a script from the doctor's office at a pharmacy.  They didn't tell me that until we were about to leave the house to get them. 

I scheduled DefConn just to go to the doctor next week and get one, along with his physical.  I was trying to put it off until January, but whatever. 

We still went shopping.  And then I made really excellent homemade sweet and sour chicken for dinner.  I was impressed how tasty it came out.  

SSDD otherwise.  At least I slept better last night than I did Sunday night.  
  • Options
    Wow, every day he gets even worse @ei34

We’ve got a pretty big town supervisor race and county sheriff; the city of Buffalo has a huge mayoral race (that was even covered in the WaPo yesterday). I’m going out at lunch to vote! 
  • Options
    @ei34 urg fuck that dude. I hate when parents stop being parents to spite the ex. {I know he's not, but it feels like he is also}

So yesterday was just weird all around.
    As I mentioned, we all woke up late, so it throws entire day off. I accidentally took the keys, so M had to come back and get them. Luckily I bribed him with starbucks and he drove me to work.

Anyways, about mid-day I get a call. Angel's ashes are in.
    It was just .... they said it could be a week or 2 when it hasn't even been a week.
    Highly unexpected call. M is picking up the urn before me, because my mum agreed that while we're cleaning our place she'll keep the ashes there.
    think I know where they're going, but I'm not totally sold yet.

BK was still tired at the end of the day, so when M picked her up she ended up falling asleep in the car.
    She was so tired that it was like walking on eggshells :\ 
    This kid is dropping naps but not ready to drop naps. My mum tries at least quiet time. It's hit or miss if she falls asleep.
  • Options
    Busy day today here - no elections though.  Work will be a little hectic until mid-December, and then I'm thinking of taking time off.  My rabbit was fixed over the weekend but is almost all healed up, so I might let her go outside in the yard to run around today.  I just don't want to do it too early and have her jostle anything that shouldn't be jostled.  It feels cold here today, but I guess it is November now ...

• Options
    We don't have our elections until Nov. 13th.  Everyone is terrible, so it is city business as usual.  I'll vote just to try and throw almost all the incumbents out.  But they'll probably stay in despite how God awful they are.

I haven't been feeling that well.  Up and down where I'll feel fine and then the next day I'm a bit queasy and/or have a headache.  Like Saturday was a bad day.  I was planning to get my flu shot, but then didn't because I figured you are supposed be feeling well for the shot.  Sunday I felt fine, so I got my flu shot.  But then felt terrible yesterday and stayed home.  Maybe it was symptoms from the shot, but I don't think so.  I felt similar to how I did Saturday.  I feel better today, though still not 100%.

One of my usual radio stations was playing Christmas music this morning.  Ugh!  Blech!  Bah humbug, lol.  Geez, It's too soon for that!  Keep it normal music.  I am not listening to two months of that.  I already changed my preset, lol. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Just voted! Most of my races aren’t competitive but I’m friends with my incumbent city council member and he has a serious challenger so fingers crossed for him! 
  • Options
    I feel like we could have a separate UO thread, but I feel weirdly invested in the Kourtney & Travis relationship and I'm not Kardashian fan {tbh I like Kourtney if I had to choose any of them}
  • Options
    Totally forgot to vote this morning. Yikes. And I don't even know where my polling place is. I know they mailed me a card and I cannot remember where I put it. I've been in a fog since last week. 

I live close enough to NYC that I'm very invested in the mayoral race. 
  • Options
    I have no motivation to work this week.  I need to, but I'm just bleh.

Made plans to go out of town this weekend.  It's the one year anniversary of the breakup, and I need something fun to take my mind off of things.  Seeing a drag show at one of my favorite bars to hang out out of town, with friends I love.  If Tulsa can pull his head out of his butt, maybe I'll get lucky too...but probably not and I'm not really all that interested any more TBH.  Got approval from the bar manager to bring in my mocktails and I'm bringing extra for her to try.  Pulled a cute outfit out of the closet that fits again, so excited about that.

Splurged and got pizza last night.  Paying for it a bit this morning (cheese and fat -- lactose intolerance and since my gallbladder was taken out, I have difficulties digesting fatty foods), but it was so tasty.  However, the one splurge was enough and I'm looking forward to my tasty healthy dinner tonight.
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2021
    Have fun @VarunaTT, yesterday would have been my 5 year anniversary.  I was with my family that morning but had a loooong drive home to reflect.  Way way way better off - but I always thought he was my forever and it still hurts, marrying someone I had no idea who he was.

I had to look up to see if we have election day here in IL, and I’m still confused.  If we do - it’s not advertised at all. I think we do? Maybe we don’t? Still no idea…rock the vote skips Illinois in the I’s…

SSDD for me.  My friend wanted to go shopping either tonight or tomorrow so I’m waiting on what day that’ll be. The other day will be for groceries. 

@MissKittyDanger, glad you’ll get them back today.  They probably always overshoot those eta’s.
    @mrsconn23, you’re so brave to attempt homemade chinese food.  I can do beef ‘n brocolli and stir fry.  That’s about it.  Oh and all my omletes are egg foo young, but that’s basically what egg foo young is.  An omlete. 

• Options
    Have fun @VarunaTT, yesterday would have been my 5 year anniversary.  I was with my family that morning but had a loooong drive home to reflect.  Way way way better off - but I always thought he was my forever and it still hurts, marrying someone I had no idea who he was.

I had to look up to see if we have election day here in IL, and I’m still confused.  If we do - it’s not advertised at all. I think we do? Maybe we don’t? Still no idea…rock the vote skips Illinois in the I’s…

SSDD for me.  My friend wanted to go shopping either tonight or tomorrow so I’m waiting on what day that’ll be. The other day will be for groceries. 

@MissKittyDanger, glad you’ll get them back today.  They probably always overshoot those eta’s.
    @mrsconn23, you’re so brave to attempt homemade chinese food.  I can do beef ‘n brocolli and stir fry.  That’s about it.  Oh and all my omletes are egg foo young, but that’s basically what egg foo young is.  An omlete. 
    No Illinois elections today
  • Options
    @CharmedPam that's what M said when I called him. He was shocked it was under a week - he figured a week at minimum
  • Options
    Ok good because if we did, horrible marketing.

for the person who said they were into the whole Kourt & Travis thing - so am I! I actually followed.  And I saw a clip yesterday on the whirlwind romance, and I kinda dig it, I think they’re actually in love.

• Options
    My husband vent.

I'm going to be putting my rental add up in about 10 minutes.  I had my H take fresh pics the last time he was at this property.  More like, I've asked him to take fresh pics the last 4-5 times he was at this property and he only finally remembered the last time.

He is so frustrating because he takes the worst pictures.  He's gotten better with my coaching.  But, whoops, I forgot to remind him to turn the effing lights on, so two of the pics look way too dark.  Why do I even have to do that?  "Lights on/good lighting" is Picture Taking 101.  Both pics of the master bedroom are blurry, so I'm not even including them, which sucks because that's the largest bedroom so it looks the best.

This is why I want the pics before his final visit, because he always needs to redo some of them.  I'm putting the ad up anyway because we are already much later than I wanted to.  He'll probably be there tomorrow for showings, so I'm going to have him redo those three pics before or after and then I'll replace them in the ad at another time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ugh @ei34 what a dick.  

No elections in IL today.  CFO's EA ordered lunch for us all and i'm super excited.  I was excited to eat my chili from home too, but i'll never turn down free lunch.  I have my big quarterly due date tomorrow afternoon at work and the CEO hasn't even glanced at my part yet *eye roll*.  Now i'll have to be here late tonight to finish because he refuses to approve things until the last minute.  I cannot stand it.  

I went to bed at 8:30 last night and even though i was up a couple times with baby it felt so nice to get like 9 hours of sleep. And I made a delicious iced coffee concoction this morning too that was a very nice surprise (just leftover coffee from yesterday, half and hlaf, and some latte syrup that needed to be used).  
  • Options
    Just got back from voting. It's all municipal elections here. The city of Atlanta one is big, but the one for my city is pretty small. I will say that voting is certainly a nice perk of WFH. Instead of leaving an hour early in the morning or waiting around after work (or remembering to early vote), it was super nice to run over to the poll for 10 minutes on lunch. 

Just got my project assignments to take me through to the end of the year, so that's pretty cool. I'm mostly just reading up right now, but I'm excited to start something new.

@charlotte989875, didn't you start your new role yesterday? How is it going so far? 
  • Options
    He's pretty much always been that kind of parent.  Not pulling his weight isn't a new thing due to the divorce.
    I'm sort of following Kourtney and Travis but less them and more I get annoyed when strangers on instagram cry that Scott must be heartbroken...I mean they're probably 20 and didn't watch the show when I did and now they watch and I haven't in years but still...Scott had his chance, he was an a-hole. 
  • Options
    Ok good because if we did, horrible marketing.

for the person who said they were into the whole Kourt & Travis thing - so am I! I actually followed.  And I saw a clip yesterday on the whirlwind romance, and I kinda dig it, I think they’re actually in love.
    it was me lmao!
    Travis' ex is literally pissy over b.s drama.
    Scott has is g.d chance with her and is pissy she didn't wait.

Like I've never seen her this happy with Scott
  • Options
    So many responses to my rental ad!  Which is good, but overwhelming.  "Supposedly" about 4 people who are going to be bringing the security deposit/holding fee to their showing tomorrow.  But what people say and what they do are very different things.

I think I offended someone?  She said she was in FL and asked me to tell her more about the property.  I told her there was a good amount of info in the ad, but if she had any specific questions to let me know.  I also gave her the address, and told her she could use it to look up crime stats and see where the house was located within the city.

She replied back, "Is this real?"  I assumed that was snarky, but pretended it wasn't.  I told her it was real but, if we got further along in the process, I could provide proof of ownership.  And sympathized that I know it is hard to look for a place when you are out of town.

She then asked how she could fill out an application and sent me her e-mail.  Without asking any questions, lol.

I had someone else ask me to "tell them about the place".  I have a very thorough ad.  If someone has a question, that's fine.  But I'm not wasting my time trying to "guess" what someone wants to know. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm still fighting this cold. Sinuses are congested but my ears are getting better. I'm almost done with GS3's Christmas stocking. I should definitely have it done by Friday (probably tomorrow). I need to buy the material for the backing.

On Thursday, I also have to stuff bags at the Y for veterans. We usually have a breakfast but decided against an in person event due to the pandemic (most of the veterans who attend are elderly). So we are having bags with stuff in them- water bottles, gift cards, towels, etc.

I need to figure out how to use Photofy to make invitations and posts. If any of you have experience with it, tips would be appreciated. I'm not super tech savvy.

Finally talked to DS1 tonight. He started his new job last week and is getting acclimated. He likes it. Unfortunately, since he won't have vacation he and DIL won't be coming home for Christmas at all. They usually alternate the actual holiday between us and her parents then see the other family after or before depending on when Christmas falls. Since he won't have any vacation he can't take the time to drive here. On the other hand they will be coming for Thanksgiving for the first time in at least 8 years. I totally understand them not coming home at Christmas but it will be the first time I won't see him around Christmas. I'm a big Christmas fanatic so I'm a bit sad. DD and family and DS2 will be here so we will make the best of it!
  • Options
    Sorry your ex is such a piece of crap @ei34.

Lots of things going on with me. Another online play to be in charge of. Lots of work. My nephew just had a bar mitzvah (that's why I've been offline lately). But finally, things are calming down. I actually didn't make it to the polls today (my bad). 
  • Options
    @ILoveBeachMusic, I'm glad your DS1 is liking his new job!  That is a bummer about Christmas, but I'm sure you all will be together next year.  And at least there is Thanksgiving!

@Jen4948, good to see you again!  I'm glad you checked back in.  Congrats to your nephew.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @ILoveBeachMusic, I'm glad your DS1 is liking his new job!  That is a bummer about Christmas, but I'm sure you all will be together next year.  And at least there is Thanksgiving!

@Jen4948, good to see you again!  I'm glad you checked back in.  Congrats to your nephew.
    Thanks @short+sassy!
  • Options

Elections were moved to June, 2022, so that Pritzker, in part, could redraw district maps.