Wedding Woes
Options

Deep breath Wednesday

Hump day.  We made it past most people's least-favorite day.  Woo.  Also a big sigh of relief for me, I'm so beyond thankful that this evening my kids are getting their first Pfizer dose  :)  hoping it's a good day for everyone!

Re: Deep breath Wednesday

• Options
    Not entirely sure how much I've mentioned, but I got a bit of inheritance from my nana's estate {possibly more to come after the new year} and I've been basically sitting on it just thinking what to do.

Well I've decided on a purchase. A good purchase.
    A not cheap purchase.

I'm buying good winter boots.
    Specifically these:
    Waterproof Snowy Owl Leather Mukluk - Manitobah Mukluks

I'm waiting on my email to stop being rude and send my first purchase discount code before I buy {10% thanks!}
    They're so cute and apparently super warm. Even though the ideal plan is I'll be driving this winter, I'm sure there will be times I may not or will be outside.

M & I decided that we're going to restart BK's desensitization for sesame in January.
    M starts his new job next week so we wanted to give extra time for him to start in case he takes her. It's not exactly the easiest appt so we'll see
  • Options
    @Jstump2, wow!  That does sound like a whirlwind!  I'm sorry your new job turned out to be more problematic than you were expecting with the sale going on.  But at least it's worked out that your old company now realizes your value more and made you a great offer to come back.  Though I'm sorry to hear about your former coworker.

I met with my new renters yesterday (out of state roofing company) and that went really well.  They seem like good people.  I also collected the rest of the security deposit and first month's rent, though they aren't actually moving in until later this month.  So I will be excitedly going to the bank at lunch, lol.

I never thought about this, but they were telling me this is a great opportunity for them to come down to NOLA for the winter because that is their very slow season up north.  They're in IL.  They told me it gets too cold/icy to do roofing work a lot of the time.  Southern Louisiana definitely needs the roofing help!  So win-win, plus an extra win for me, lol.  They are planning to leave sometime in March/April, because that is when their season back home starts ramping up.  They are paying a higher rent to be on a month-to-month lease, so that wasn't a surprise.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @Jstump2 whoa! What a crazy time! Congrats on new job, then new-old job/pay raise lol
  • Options
    Happy hump day! @Jstump2, congrats on the house, and on the job situation working out for the best! 

@short+sassy, I met a couple of people who worked for companies that did that stuff regularly when I lived in KW. I used to party with a guy who was a painter from someplace up north. Getting hours during slow time, escaping snow, and having living expenses paid for a month on an island was pretty sweet when you're young and single!

Nothing much interesting here. Against my better judgment, I'm watching a townhall about our vaccine mandate. It's probably going to end up pissing me off to hear a bunch of coworkers sound stupid. 
  • Options
    I’ve had a busy few days! Indy was amazing, the race was great, and baby M and H did great without me. I missed him a lot but it was good to see that we could all survive me leaving for the weekend. 

I then fell down the basement stairs on Monday morning. My butt is bruised (along with my pride) but feeling a lot better today. H is leaving for the weekend so I’m gearing up for a solo parenting weekend again! 
  • Options
    Yup. Can’t do a lot in Midwest winters.  Sound like good tenents @short+sassy!
    @MissKittyDanger, people i know love that brand.  Totally justifiable.
    good luck on those shots @ei34!

I have back to back meetings in a few hours:  ugh.  All super boring. One’s through lunch too, it’s 1:00 for these people on the East coast but 12 for me.  Lunch is my social hour! Rude.

• Options
    Wow @Jstump2 that's a lot to have going on! Congrats on the new/old job! 

Crazy day at work today. It's after 11 and I feel like I've accomplished nothing. I also just randomly woke up at 4am today so I'm just exhausted. I did manage to still do a ride this morning so that's good. But damn I'm ready to be  home already. 

• Options
    Jstump2Jstump2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited November 2021
    Thanks everyone! I definitely feel fortunate how things worked out to my benefit (though obviously wish my old coworker was still here)  It's also nice that I don't have the new job jitters since I already know the company and coworkers. Lol

CharmedPam meetings that take over lunch hours are the worst!
  • Options
    @short+sassy glad renter stuff went well :) 

@CharmedPam can you adjust your lunch at least? :\ 

@climbingsingle BK was restless last night too {causing me to be restless because monitor is right by me} maybe time change?
  • Options
    What a turn of events! @Jstump2

Oh no! @charlotte989875 I hope your tailbone is okay. 

@MyNameIsNot best of luck to your blood pressure. Yesterday we had some rando come up to our screening tent (not even our patient) and start yelling at us about mask mandates and vaccines and “civil liberties.” I was losing my mind. 

Lots of family drama yesterday. FBIL B is causing major shenanigans and I’m just so curious as to when people will start to have boundaries. FI at least stood firm. FSIL A said she was drawing boundaries and then she offered to help him out in another way. I was just like….do you see how maybe what you said about boundaries and what you just offered to do are maybe incongruent with each other? I’m also furious that he dragged FFIL into it. How selfish can you be? And how dare you drag your elderly father into this less than a month after he had several strokes. Jfc. 

Otherwise SSDD. I’m catching up on some stuff at work. I really want to work on a goal list and try to stick with it. I feel so torn with the “attainable” metric of making realistic goals. Basically I don’t have time at night when I get home, so then I need to wake up early to do these things. But I hate early mornings. So something has to give. Either I suck it up and wake up at 5 daily and give it a thirty day trial (weekends not included), or I scale back my workouts at night. I just know I need to do something semi-drastic to continue to feel like I’m growing as a person. 

• Options
    Not entirely sure how much I've mentioned, but I got a bit of inheritance from my nana's estate {possibly more to come after the new year} and I've been basically sitting on it just thinking what to do.

A not cheap purchase.

Specifically these:

I'm waiting on my email to stop being rude and send my first purchase discount code before I buy {10% thanks!}
    They're so cute and apparently super warm. Even though the ideal plan is I'll be driving this winter, I'm sure there will be times I may not or will be outside.

M & I decided that we're going to restart BK's desensitization for sesame in January.
    M starts his new job next week so we wanted to give extra time for him to start in case he takes her. It's not exactly the easiest appt so we'll see
    Exciting!! When is your test?
  • Options

A not cheap purchase.

Specifically these:

More like anxious lol
    December 22nd! We're at the point in practice where M has taken my failed test results so we can practice those issues as well

Even if I'm a fully licensed driver, I've asked M that he be with me first little bit during crappy weather drives because I'm new.
    M is hoping we get some snow prior to my test so we can "throw the jeep around a parking lot" {his words}
  • Options

More like anxious lol
    December 22nd! We're at the point in practice where M has taken my failed test results so we can practice those issues as well

Even if I'm a fully licensed driver, I've asked M that he be with me first little bit during crappy weather drives because I'm new.
    M is hoping we get some snow prior to my test so we can "throw the jeep around a parking lot" {his words}
    Yay!  Good luck on your test.

I have 30+ years of driving experience, but have never driven in snow.  If I moved somewhere that snows, I'd also practice before doing "real" driving.  In the meantime, I don't drive in snow.

On the rare occasion it snows in NOLA, I take the bus to work or take a vacation day, lol.  Some of that is self defense.  Because most of my fellow New Orleanians can't drive in snow either, lol. 

This was actually a main factor in why I didn't go to one of my cousin's wedding.  She lives in OH and was getting married in the winter.  No one would have been able to pick me up from the airport and they lived far enough away from it that I don't think shuttles were available.  I know it doesn't snow every day in OH.  But no way was I taking the chance that my first snow driving would be in a rental car I wasn't familiar with.  And driving in areas I wasn't familiar with either.  That felt like a recipe for disaster, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

More like anxious lol

I have 30+ years of driving experience, but have never driven in snow.  If I moved somewhere that snows, I'd also practice before doing "real" driving.  In the meantime, I don't drive in snow.

On the rare occasion it snows in NOLA, I take the bus to work or take a vacation day, lol.  Some of that is self defense.  Because most of my fellow New Orleanians can't drive in snow either, lol. 

This was actually a main factor in why I didn't go to one of my cousin's wedding.  She lives in OH and was getting married in the winter.  No one would have been able to pick me up from the airport and they lived far enough away from it that I don't think shuttles were available.  I know it doesn't snow every day in OH.  But no way was I taking the chance that my first snow driving would be in a rental car I wasn't familiar with.  And driving in areas I wasn't familiar with either.  That felt like a recipe for disaster, lol.
    When originally learning with an instructor, my first time on the road it was mid-March.
    Very typical mid-march. Ice. Slush. Snow. 

Sounds terrible, right? It is. However, benefit is everyone is driving slow.
    That's one thing you can always be glad about, everyone drives slower.
  • Options

More like anxious lol

When originally learning with an instructor, my first time on the road it was mid-March.

That is not the case in the NY metro area...lol. 
    Oh no!
  • Options

More like anxious lol

That is not the case in the NY metro area...lol. 
    And most area drivers think all season tires are "good enough" in those conditions.