Attire & Accessories Forum

Friend making me doubt my dress choices

So I finally went dress shopping for the first time this week. We just moved here and I don't have any friends here, so my MOH actually flew in to spend the week with me. It was a blast and I actually found 3 dresses within my budget that I love.

Problem is, I was so ready to buy the last one. There are some things I'll want to change, but it was also the cheapest and had plenty of room in the budget to do anything I wanted. Well, a couple hours later when we were celebrating, she told me that she doesn't think that dress is for me and that she doesn't think it's anything special. Has anyone else had an experience like this? How did you deal? It's making me have some serious doubts now 🥺

Re: Friend making me doubt my dress choices

• So you haven't actually bought the dress yet? Go back to the store alone and try the dress on. Do you feel beautiful in it? Do you see yourself being happy and getting married in it? It only matters what you think - no one else. Everyone has an opinion so you can't please everyone.
  • downtondivadowntondiva member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2021
    I agree with @ILoveBeachMusic that you should go back to the shop on your own to try the dress on again. Forget about what your MOH said and see how YOU feel in the dress. Even without someone questioning your choice, it's not the worst idea to try the dress on more than once before making a final decision - I had virtually no doubts about my dress but I tried it on a 2nd time before buying just to be absolutely sure.

Keep in mind that everyone has different taste in clothes, and wedding dresses are no different. Just because someone else, even someone close to you, isn't crazy about your dress doesn't mean that you aren't allowed to like it and wear it happily. Your opinion is the one that ultimately matters here.
  • Following your advice. Going back Monday 😊

Thank you!