Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Processional order

Hey all! Me and my fiance each have 5 people in our wedding party, but one of his groomsmen is going to be unable to make it due to military obligations. So, one of my bridesmaids will probably walk alone. Which is no big deal, but the daughters of one of my bridesmaids are going to be my flower girls. They are ages 2 and 4. She's worried about the 2 year old getting down the aisle and suggested she walk with them. I'm not sure I like the idea since she would be walking out of "order". But I'm also worried about how the girls will do being the last ones out of the room where we are walking out of. Does anyone have any suggestions or experience with this? Should I have their dad wait with them? But then how does he get to his seat? Should he walk with them... Or should my bridesmaid walk with them? So many options... I think I will have them walk with the ring bearer, who is 6 and will probably do a little better, but am still worried about them waiting til the end and potentially having a meltdown. 

Re: Processional order

• Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2021
    Hey all! Me and my fiance each have 5 people in our wedding party, but one of his groomsmen is going to be unable to make it due to military obligations. So, one of my bridesmaids will probably walk alone. Which is no big deal, but the daughters of one of my bridesmaids are going to be my flower girls. They are ages 2 and 4. She's worried about the 2 year old getting down the aisle and suggested she walk with them. I'm not sure I like the idea since she would be walking out of "order". But I'm also worried about how the girls will do being the last ones out of the room where we are walking out of. Does anyone have any suggestions or experience with this? Should I have their dad wait with them? But then how does he get to his seat? Should he walk with them... Or should my bridesmaid walk with them? So many options... I think I will have them walk with the ring bearer, who is 6 and will probably do a little better, but am still worried about them waiting til the end and potentially having a meltdown. 
    My youngest sister included all of her nieces and nephews as FG/RB when she got married, but my youngest niece was two at the time and my other sister (her mother) did hold her hand down the aisle.  Niece was just included since the older kids were, two is way too young to be expected to throw petals or even walk down an aisle nicely.  I vote for the 2-yr-old's mother walking with her down the aisle.  

And although I've certainly noticed an order that BP seem to go up and down the aisle, it's one of those things that doesn't impact guest experience and IMO could totally be tweaked without anyone noticing.
    edit spelling
  • Options
    I would have the FG's father sitting in one of the front rows at the aisle before you begin. Have that BM walk with the FGs, and RB if you want. Once they get to the front or everyone turns around to watch you walk in, she can put the kids in the row with dad. Kids that little are not going to be able to stand quietly through a whole ceremony anyway. At the end, she can walk them back down with her. 

Literally no one cares what order your bridesmaids walk down the aisle. No one will notice or care that they're not in any particular order.