Wedding Woes
Options

…Friday?

ei34ei34 member
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
edited February 2022 in Wedding Woes
We made it!  Freezing rain here but I’m ready for the weekend. Especially some cooking for my sis and meeting my newest sweetie niece who joined us yesterday 💕 she and my sister are feeling well!

Re: …Friday?

• Options
    I'm checking in. 

The office didn't close yesterday and it was an absolute shit show,  I didn't go in b/c there was an inch of ice first and then 6 inches of snow.  I didn't get any pressure to come in yesterday, but other people did, including sending an employee out in a company car to pick people up. 

I also didn't go in today, b/c there has been NO plowing downtown at all; the roads I can see still have loads of snow and I can't even see the pavement in the tracks of other vehicles.  From my window, I saw at least 2 cars not make it up the hill I live at the bottom of and have literally no way around in any direction (and it's a sharp hill in every direction).  The parking lots I can see that were plowed are covered in ice. I was pressured to come in with "we can pick you up."  First of all, I DON'T WANT TO BE IN A CAR ON THE UNPLOWED ICED AND 8 INCHES OF SNOW ROADS, PERIOD.  I trust my own driving and vehicle way more than our maintanence dude and a 2 person company truck, and my common sense says no.   LIsten, if they want me to burn my PTO, fine  But now that I know what a shitshow it is to access my STD benefits, I'm behind on income because of it and definitely don't have more money for a deductible or any more medical bills, they can kiss my entire ass.  Management has made it entirely clear that staff is not important to them and well, loyalty isn't important to me now.  And with this additional shit show, and some other things I know going on, there's at least 3 more employees actively looking to leave, putting us at a staff of 12 when we usually have 22-25.  And management is saying, "We're fully staffed".  I made a list of pros/cons and basically this job is serving it's purpose still which is get me out of debt and get me to CA, so I'll handle it.  But my loyalty is to me and my goals, not them.  Me getting hurt or my car getting hurt blows those 2 things.  I cannot wait for an exit interview, the reviews I will be leaving, and the letter I intend to send to the firm when I am newly employed in sunny CA.  The shit I know could definitely get them sued, they're already being sued by one employee, and there's at least one more if not two more coming down the pipe,  Hell, I'm more worried the firm might go under at this point than me getting fired.  Sorry, that is long.

Otherwise, I've just been reading and doing some bookwork stuff I needed to do at home, namely my taxes.  Trust me, if I could get out I would, b/c  4 more days of isolation at home (T, F, S&S) so soon after just getting back into the world suuuuucks.
  • Options
    M has his booster tomorrow and BK starts dance also.
    Dance is at 9am and his booster is 11:25 - so he is taking her to dance still.

Since M is out and passing a store, I have him picking up some items on his way home. That way if he feels like crap on Sunday, I don't have to figure out when I can go out.

Snow driving sucks fyi especially as a new driver. M also wants to test brakes because I had a brief issue that almost caused a minor fender bender - it didn't continue but it was weird.
  • Options
    Congratulations @ei34 ! Have fun meeting your nephew @climbingsingle!

I have to go out later this afternoon for a gyn appointment. I hope I can get out of our neighborhood. As of last night it hadn't been plowed and we are in probably the only hilly area in Indianapolis!
    My washer stopped working yesterday. I've been waiting for a call back from repair person but nada. H tried several things that he found on youtube but nothing work. We are heading to Chicago tomorrow so I'm taking all the dirty laundry. I'm lucky that H at least got the door to unlock because I had a full load of delicate clothes in there and didn't want them to sit for a week! They'd probably have to be thrown out.

I just got a contract for getting on the wait list for a new puppy. The soonest I will get one is next fall. That is fine because I don't want to house train one in the winter. We have several trips planned so I don't want to leave a new puppy with a sitter. Fingers crossed it isn't much later than early fall. 

• Options
    @VarunaTT that is so crazy. Sending an employee out in terrible conditions to pick up others. I can't. One of my jobs used to do that back in the 90s and it would make me so incredibly mad. 
  • Options
    @VarunaTT that is so crazy. Sending an employee out in terrible conditions to pick up others. I can't. One of my jobs used to do that back in the 90s and it would make me so incredibly mad. 
    Isn't sending an employee out to drive others a liability issue if that employee is not insured??

When I drove for my previous employer (either during work hours for work or to a customer making a delivery) I had to provide updated insurance information so there was no question that when asked, I was legally doing it. 

It's supposed to turn to ice here soon and the kids have an early dismissal. The busses are messed up today.  Chiquito's was a half hour late this morning and Chiquita was supposed to dismiss at 11:45 and just called to say her bus hasn't been called yet.  She's supposed to have indoor soccer this afternoon and I'm crossing fingers that it's cancelled.   DH and I have snow tires on our cars but they only work so well when you're driving on ice. 

Sunday is my mom's 70th and we'll head down there for the afternoon.  I love her dearly but sometimes she's just hard to have a conversation with because she does not like to entertain the idea of anyone who disagrees with her and she needs to be in control.  I'm hoping that we can celebrate and not turn it into an all afternoon affair but it's an hour to get there each way.  I hope that doesn't make me sound terrible because I want her to be celebrated but...I know the longer we stay the longer I'll have DH grumpy. 
  • Options
    VarunaTT said:
     I cannot wait for an exit interview, the reviews I will be leaving, and the letter I intend to send to the firm when I am newly employed in sunny CA.  The shit I know could definitely get them sued, they're already being sued by one employee, and there's at least one more if not two more coming down the pipe,  Hell, I'm more worried the firm might go under at this point than me getting fired.  Sorry, that is long.

Real talk though: they don’t care. No one cares about your exit interview. Or a letter you write. If you hate it this much, job hunt. Law firms are desperate for talent. Or don’t! But no one cares what a disgruntled soon to be former employee has to say unless it’s a lawsuit, and you’re not going to want to file one from CA when you’ve moved on with your life. 
  • Options
    Apparently, DH is getting a half-ish day since they still don't have a ton of staff.  Must be nice.  LOL 

Tonight we were supposed to go to an Olympics party at my sister's, but we have too much to do.  Tomorrow, we're having the Pinewood Derby with Scouts. 

Sunday, we need to do housework and laundry.  I'm contemplating baking and maybe making a lasagna.  I have left over frozen ricotta from Christmas I need to use up. 

It's so bright out today because of the sun on the snow.  I feel like I need to put on my sunglasses to work.  
  • Options
    @ei34, yay cute newborn niece!  Congrats Auntie Eileen.

@climbingsingle, enjoy meeting your nephew tomorrow!  I hope N has fun in my fair city.  It's supposed to be sunny for the next two days, which is nice.  Too chilly for me, but probably an improvement for him, lol.

@VarunaTT, my work sucks like that also, smh.  There have been a few times where I've been forced to use vacation time because it was literally too dangerous to drive to work.  I guess my workplace is "generous" in that they don't fault people for staying at home, if they don't feel safe.  But there are no ifs, ands, or buts that either vacation or AWOP time needs to be used for those hours.  The streets around my office flood really easily.

They do crack me up with that.  Paraphrasing their attitude, "We know there's no way to drive a car within two blocks of our office right now.  So you'll need to find street parking and then wade in at least ankle-deep water to come to work.  But we are open so you need to use vacation time if you wait for the waters to recede and come in later."

It just feels like a stressful day.  I have a lot to do, but a fairly short time to do it.  Finish the Costco scanning.  Stop at the bank, which closes at 4.  Just in time for my tenant to come over, on her way home from work, to pay the rent.  Because she gets annoyed if we get home later and she has to come back in that direction.  Or she could just deposit it at my bank.  It would save her time and be easier.  But, for reasons she has never explained, she doesn't want to do that.  We have another tenant like that.  I don't get it but, whatever.  I even outline in my leases all the many, many different ways people can pay their rent, including online options.  And bringing me cash is not one of them (sigh).  But it's hard to say no when someone is paying their rent, so I always let it slide.

The other problem with people who pay their rent with cash is they are rarely proactive about it.  Every month, I wait 2-3 days and then I have to text and ASK them about it.  It makes me feel like a nag and, while minor, is just one more thing I have to keep track of and do.

At any rate, tomorrow will be much better because I'll be off work and don't have any time sensitive errands to run.  I signed up again for Amazon Prime this morning.  Kind of annoyed, because I was planning to do it later this year.  But I found out they are raising the Prime amount from $119 to $139 in a couple weeks.  So, by signing up before that, I slide in at the $119 price.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats @ei34 and @climbingsingle!! New baby snuggles are the best! 

Took PTO today and a late lunch with my BFF and got fancy cookies (below). H is gone for the weekend and Baby M and I have fun plans. Fingers crossed he sleeps! 

• Options
    Those cookies look delicious! Now I want cookies but don't want to bake them lol!

• Options
    @charlotte989875 ahhhhh you got the Crumbl cookies! Tell me, were the peanut butter and Oreo cookies absolutely delicious? I’ve wanted them all week lol

• Options
    levioosa said:
    @charlotte989875 ahhhhh you got the Crumbl cookies! Tell me, were the peanut butter and Oreo cookies absolutely delicious? I’ve wanted them all week lol
    Yes! It just opened here!! 

They were so so good! The ruby chocolate was also delicious but the banana cream was the star! I was super skeptical at first because banana is not my favorite and it was amazing! 
  • Options
    Work sent us Crumbl cookies in the fall. They are sooo... good.  It took forever to get through the 6 of them because you can literally only eat a little at a time because they are so sweet and rich.  
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2022
    I googled crumbl after this thread, and we have one near here.  The page also has an option to buy a cookie cutter - to get 4 perfect slices.. so I figured that was the case @mrsconn23

you can only order p/u with the app - but just a qty box. Do they put what they want in it? No way to pick and choose? 

• Options
    I googled crumbl after this thread, and we have one near here.  The page also has an option to buy a cookie cutter - to get 4 perfect slices.. so I figured that was the case @mrsconn23

you can only order p/u with the app - but just a qty box. Do they put what they want in it? No way to pick and choose? 
    Hmm I’m not sure- we went into the store to order and you could pick and choose what you want. I’m not sure how it works on the app (I live too far to do delivery). 
  • Options
    @CharmedPam after you select the quantity it should take you to the section to choose which cookies you want. Ahhh, They have the s’more cookie again this week. I might have to stop and get some. 

• Options
    There is one opening like 3 minutes from my house right next to the Potbelly/Chipotle/Zupas that I frequent....could be dangerous I guess