Wedding Woes
Options

Friday?

We're getting slow around these parts.  We held on for so long!!

No big plans for the weekend.  Going to see Fire Shut Up Min y Bones, which is the first opera by a black composer performed at the Met.  I missed the movie the first time around, so I'm glad they sent it back out for Black History Month.  Having dinner with my parents tonight.  Not much else to report, really.  Looking forward to some down time this weekend, I'm really tired.

Re: Friday?

• Options
    I didn’t know if the Ozark thread was the Friday one and I was to scared to open it because I haven’t seen it yet (yellowstone first.  I’m almost done)! 

have fun at the opera @VarunaTT!

I have a game day and then dinner afterwards with the meetup tomorrow.  And Sunday may catch a movie.  Maybe the Nina Dobrev one since I like her.  Storyline seems cheesy though. Other than that just trying to heal and work my back with extra massages since it’s so painful. 

• Options
    That sounds really fun varuna, enjoy the show!  

I wasn't sure either if Ozark was the Friday thread.  There is a spoiler Pam so don't look, lol.  

I had my interview this morning and it went fine.  It wasn't really an interview so much as a sales pitch for the job with "you know how to do that?"  "how does this process work at your company".  I'm going to move forward if they ask me to but for a huge career move (major responsibility increases, total ownership of certain processes), it's only a 10% max increase from where I am now PLUS i'd have to commute and hour+ each way 4-5 days a week.  Doesn't seem worth it.  My kids are literally down the block at daycare and feel like I don't see them enough.  I think he could sense my hesitation about that and also knows the salary band is low compared to where I am now so we'll see if they even move me forward.  

Weekend we have NOTHING going on and i'm pretty excited.  We need to get the boys (and ourselves) outside for playing in the snow or at the park or something.  We're all going a little nutty inside. 

• Options
    @VarunaTT enjoy the opera!

It's a glorious 50 degrees here today.  The kids have some birthday parties this weekend.  Want to squeeze in some time with my new niece/some reprieve for my sister too.  Making aalll the guac this Sunday...also looking forward to the halftime show for the first time in a few years.
  • Options
    Interesting and complicated day at work. I made it to work so fast today—only 40 minutes! It was shocking and great. So I stopped at the store and got stuff for Valentine’s Day gifts and bought my staff some cookies since I was 40 min early to work. 

I am jazzed about being off on Monday. We are finally ending our Dry January tomorrow and having date night. Then FSIL AND FBIL are coming over for Super Bowl (we’re calling it ValenBowl, lol). 

Have fun at the opera @VarunaTT

@CharmedPam are you talking about the catfish Christmas movie? FSIL said it was unbearably cheesy so I didn’t even try. And she likes to watch all of the lifetime movies usually too. 

• Options
    I'm here and hanging on for the weekend.  We are planning dinner out with my Mom tonight but we'll see how the roads are in town.  DH says they are terrible out of town.  Tomorrow I need to get groceries and maybe run a few other errands.  Sunday is church, making Taco Soup (our Superbowl tradition), watching the Puppy Bowl and then the big game.  I'll just watch for the commercials so hope there are some good ones.
  • Options
    I changed the Ozark subject so it notes that there are spoilers.  I was too excited last night when I went to bed so I had to make that post!

I'm needing to get out the door soon and I'm following the mess that's at the Canadian border and getting very frustrated at the mentality of the rules for thee not for me crowd.  

This weekend is dishwasher install and pigging out in front of the TV Sunday.  
  • Options
    Ahhhh congratulations @STARMOON44!!! I’m so happy for you! You’ve wanted that job forever!

• Options
    YAY @STARMOON44!!

Have fun at the opera @VarunaTT!!

Tonight we're going out for L's bday with M and L.  Tomorrow, L's mom is having a party for her and L's son (his bday is next week) at her house.  Sunday, it's snacks on snacks and watching the rap concert on TV that happens during the football game.  Hee.  

SSDD otherwise. 
  • Options
    Congratulations @STARMOON44!

We got home a little while ago. Everything put away. No laundry to do sine washing machine is broken. Repair guy comes on Tuesday. Monday we are going to Ohio for DIL's grandmother's funeral. It will be a quick trip over and back.

Nothing going on for this weekend. I had forgotten that that the Super Bowl is Sunday lol! I'm headed to stretch therapy now. H

Have a great weekend WW.
  • Options
    So M & I have been making decisions based on the fact he's going to be getting bonus' quarterly. They aren't guaranteed but he doesn't see why he wouldn't receive it - they're based on quarterly goals met.
    Anyways 1st bonus is a solid amount to his debt, but we're going to put some money back into the city.
    I asked a local mom group about some local shops to purchase some stuff. I've got a few places written down, and I know M will wanna get lunch sometimes from a place nearby that neither BK nor I can eat at {spicy a.f because it's authentic Caribbean food}

Anyways, afterwards I've suggested to M that we split bonus 3 ways
    1 - kitchen
    2 - savings
    3 - a bit to M because it is his bonus {it's a fair chunk so we'll see}

Which grand total means we can do our kitchen but we still have to hold off because bank wants the loan paid off before we pull from equity - which is fine, just extra savings and planning.
  • Options
    Congratulations @STARMOON44!!!!!
  • Options
    Congratulations @STARMOON44!!!

A job opportunity has come up today at work and I may apply, I need to talk to someone I know in the area first but it looks good.
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2022
    levioosa said:
    @CharmedPam are you talking about the catfish Christmas movie? FSIL said it was unbearably cheesy so I didn’t even try. And she likes to watch all of the lifetime movies usually too. 
    I don’t think it’s that one.  Redeeming Love, based on a book? I think I may do that and “Marry Me” on Sunday as a double header while everyone’s superbowling it.  Make it a pre Vday treat to myself. And then on real Vday, murder on the nile. Edit: death on the nile.  Figured everyone will be in the romantic shows on Monday, and I’ll watch murder and mayhem. 

@MissKittyDanger sounds like a good and fair bonus split!

WTG @STARMOON44, sounds like it was worth the wait!

eta; speaking of superbowl, do you think they’re going to keep Snoop with the accusations going on?

• Options
    @STARMOON44 Congrats!! Well deserved! When do you start new place?
  • Options
    Congratulations @STARMOON44
  • Options
    @STARMOON44 Congrats!! Well deserved! When do you start new place?
    3/21- 3 weeks notice and 2 weeks vacation