Wedding Woes

SuperBowl Monday!

Okay the game was boring but that halftime show was fire. 

Re: SuperBowl Monday!

• We started sleep training with the consultant on Friday and two nights were fine, last night was a disaster. Im exhausted and it’s all so hard. 

Anyone do anything for Valentine’s Day? H didn’t because as he said “the last few weeks have been hard”. I get it but I’m also disappointed. He hates gifts but I bought some fancy lingerie for a night where we finally get some time together and he did nothing. Im bummed. 
  • I thought the game was pretty good. I did want to see Joe Burrow and the Bengals win but didn't really care either way. 
    The halftime show was so good, I only wish it was longer. 

The commercials were meh. I liked the Lays one with Seth Rogan and Paul Rudd. that's about it. 

No special plans for V-day. I spent the weekend at N's and we both have to work today. 
  • CasadenaCasadena member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2022
    Ugh, Charlotte i'm thinking of you guys.  Hoping it gets better for you soon. 

Weekend was nice, just the four of us home together for the first time in a while.  The boys are super fun.  H and I ordered food last night after the boys went to bed and watched the 2nd half of the game.  I need to watch the halftime show today at some point, i've heard it was awesome.  

I'm at the office for the first time since early December and will have to be in 3 days a week going forward.  I'm pretty quick to get ready in the morning, but it still sucks that it's 35 minutes I don't get to hang out with babies before school (I know i could get up earlier but G is always up ~5 and I refuse to start my day earlier than that when i'm already up with N at least once a night)  I miss them!
  • Ugh, that's a let down @charlotte989875 Made the kids heart-shaped pancakes this morning and it'll be a heart-shaped pizza for dinner.

The halftime show was awesome.  I told my students that Kendrick Lamar is to them what all the other artists are to me.  I liked that Paul Rudd and Seth Rogen commercial. 
    On Saturday it was 55 degrees and then yesterday we had the perfect snow- it was beautiful on the grass and trees but didn't stick on the roads or sidewalks, so no shoveling needed.   
  • I think I missed the Paul Rudd/Seth Rogen commercial between cooking and kiddo bedtime but I loved the Chevy electric truck Soprano's ad. 

DH is cooking tonight and my goal is to get the sheets changed on all the beds today.  He left a bag of Ghiradelli chocolates on the coffee maker for me. :smile:
  • Half time was great but too short!!

Snoop was just vibin' entire time. He genuinely looked just happy to be there.
    His bestie Martha was there lol

Mary aged wonderfully. Idgaf if she's had work. She looks great.

Fity got fat. Lol - also wasn't surprised he showed up

Dre looked old .... like older than I expected?
    I also forget how just genuinely musically talented Dre is

Eminiem can still get it ;) 

Kendrick should have done Humble but whatever.

I did enjoy the Tupac throws. Snoop was friends with him and M & I were pretty sure Dre rolled with him too.

BK is having some solid listening problems. At dance M was saying she wasn't listening to the coaches and at one point she was holding their hands to participate.

Idk if it's a thing, but at her 4yr I think we're going to bring up questions about ADHD
    It's a solid issue on both sides - M having it and actually was a rare early diagnosis also - so even if BK doesn't have it, we feel it's worth bringing up as a conversation.
  • Oh yes, I forgot the Sopranos commercial! I loved that one too. 

LOL...yes Dre, Snoop and Tupac collaborated quite a few times. They were all signed to Death Row in the 90s. 
  • Happy Valentine's Day ladies.

@charlotte989875 that sucks dude. I am sorry, a little effort goes a long ways. That said, I gave up a while ago. DH isn't the holiday/grand gesture type.

Bff and I took DS and DD to the beach today. Not the nice one, the free one but it is still nice enough. DS surprised me by asking to go in the water and, luckily, Bff is a champ and took him in because I just can't yet. DD was also amazing a slept most of the time. DS threw a fit when we left but then fell asleep in the car. 

I think we will try to hit up the water park before bff leaves because it will be too hard to do it by myself for a while. 

Other than that, DH is blowing shit up because of BIL's DUI. It is a bunch of family stuff that I can't really get involved with but I still wish I could reach out to BIL or MIL and just tell them that DH is doing this out of love, even though he is doing it like a wrecking ball.
  • LOL...yes Dre, Snoop and Tupac collaborated quite a few times. They were all signed to Death Row in the 90s. 
    Snoop bought death row recently

Actually M & I were thinking all of them were a part of death row at some point
  • @CharmedPam my mum isn't into rap but knew others. My mother loves "drop it like it's hot" by Snoop {her words "great song/video to do dishes to" lol}
    And if you know Eminem, you know Dre
    Mary J Blige you'd like - "Family Affair" is prob one of my fave songs by her
  • Yeah I’m definitely more prone to knowing those songs and not who sings them.  Family affiar kinda sorta.  Wasn’t really into all that even then. I have no idea who Kendrick Lamar is though.  Or death row.  I thought you guys were saying they were all on death row on the 90’s 🤣 

• OMG I'm feeling old where Kendrick Lamar was the only one I wasn't familiar with.  

I danced my senior year of college in the local pub to Mary J Blige and 50 Cent!  That's the music of my legal to drink age! 
  • Yeah I’m definitely more prone to knowing those songs and not who sings them.  Family affiar kinda sorta.  Wasn’t really into all that even then. I have no idea who Kendrick Lamar is though.  Or death row.  I thought you guys were saying they were all on death row on the 90’s 🤣 
    LOLOLOL Obv yes.

Look up Death Row Records {it's got more about Tupac vs Biggie thing - gangster drama, not just rap}

Kendrick Lamar - look up "Humble", probably most likely to know.

I'm more emo/pop also but early teens when there was a huge rap surge, I can honestly say I was into it a bit. More main stream pop though. {early '00s}
    I tend to vary on music though. I went through a solid country phase also - probably early 00's also?
  • Man, I slept so much this weekend.  The covid fatigue is a real thing and work is wearing me out.

I loved the half time show and was bopping along to everything.

Also, I just found out that my health insurance was canceled on 12/31/2021 due to nonpayment by my employer.  I'm fully in shock and angry AF.  I'm just sitting here trying to figure out what to do.
  • What in the fucking fuck @VarunaTT?!   That's insane.  Definitely let your anger run it's course and then I hope you can get some answers.  

I loved the halftime show and the game was pretty compelling when I was watching it.  I loved the new Etrade baby commercials and Hannah Waddingham (Rebecca on "Ted Lasso") in the Rakuten commercial was so great.  The bowling commercial with Peyton Manning and Serena Williams was excellent.  Loved seeing Dolly Parton in ads too!  

I am dead, dead, dead today.  I took the morning off and slept in. I'm still exhausted, but I can be sort-of productive at work and we're SLAMMED.  So I felt guilty and decided to log on for the afternoon. If we had no work, I'd have taken the whole day. 
  • @VarunaTT that is crazy! What the hell?
  • mrsconn23 said:
    I loved the halftime show and the game was pretty compelling when I was watching it.  I loved the new Etrade baby commercials and Hannah Waddingham (Rebecca on "Ted Lasso") in the Rakuten commercial was so great.  The bowling commercial with Peyton Manning and Serena Williams was excellent.  Loved seeing Dolly Parton in ads too!  
    I didn't watch but Canada doesn't get many ads so I tend to youtube a bunch the next day.

GM ad was so far greatest but I'm biased - I love Austin Powers
  • mrsconn23 said:
    I didn't watch but Canada doesn't get many ads so I tend to youtube a bunch the next day.

OMG, yes!!  We loved the Austin Powers one too.  I loved that they got everybody, including Seth Green who was my nerdy crush back in the day.  I loved him on Buffy and in the movie "Can't Hardly Wait" (even though that movie hasn't exactly aged well at all, LMAO). 
  • edited February 2022
    mrsconn23 said:
    mrsconn23 said:

OMG, yes!!  We loved the Austin Powers one too.  I loved that they got everybody, including Seth Green who was my nerdy crush back in the day.  I loved him on Buffy and in the movie "Can't Hardly Wait" (even though that movie hasn't exactly aged well at all, LMAO). 
    There's a ton of movies that didn't age well lol

He's such a little nerdling. Adored him with his punky vibe in Austin Powers lol

edit:
    "his name is KYLE"
  • @VarunaTT - what the hell?  And you are just finding out now?? That's such BS

Weekend was pretty good.  Caught up on sleep on Saturday.  Sunday was church, groceries, taco soup making, puppy bowl and the big game.  Laundry too.  I had a terrible time falling asleep last night and was awake way too late.

DH sent flowers this morning so that was a nice surprise.  

I decided to apply for the opportunity at work.  We'll see.  I'm not unhappy with my current position but this one would be a bump in pay and responsibility.
  • @STARMOON44 - I've spent some time in Scottsdale for work (3 weeks in 2018 and a week in 2020).  Are you going for work or vacation?

• I didn't watch the game or the half-time show. Everything I've seen has said it was great. I'm not familiar with any of the music. I recognized all the names except Kendrick Lamar. I'm old so definitely in the pop and rock--roll category.

We went to Ohio today for DIL's grandma's funeral. Her family really appreciated us coming but we are beat. 3+  hours over, service, 3 hour+ home. Glad we went. We ordered dinner from City Barbeque on the way home. So disappointed. The ribs weren't done so I substituted brisket - which was ok. I really was wanting ribs though. The corn bread was dry as was the pulled pork. Ordered some chocolate cake to share. It was good.

Tomorrow hopefully the washing machine will get fixed. The laundry is starting to pile up - mostly my workout clothes.
  • MNNEBride said:
    @STARMOON44 - I've spent some time in Scottsdale for work (3 weeks in 2018 and a week in 2020).  Are you going for work or vacation?

Vacation! Just a quick 4 night trip
  • @STARMOON44 - fun!  Since Scottsdale is in the greater Phoenix area, there are lots of things to do.  If you have a vehicle, Sedona is not a far drive and well worth the trip.  We did a trolley tour there which gives you an overview of the area.  Old Scottsdale has a variety of shops, bars and restaurants.  If you like to hike, Camelback is a great area.  
    I'm not a golfer, but understand courses in the area are top-notch.  We stayed at Sonest Suites Scottsdale Gainey Ranch.  Very nice smaller hotel. I was there right before the pandemic but at that time they had a breakfast buffet, happy hour buffet and one drink included.