Wedding Woes
Options

Thirsty Thursday

The day started early when I dropped Chiquita off at school at 7:15 because she's now in a choral group.  Singing seems to be a good fit for her (like her mama!) and I hope it sticks where she has a few places as comfortable outlets where she can be herself.    

I'm trying to pick out clothes for what I'm wearing Saturday night.  DH's cousin is turning 40 so there's a get together at a restaurant at the other end of the state that night and MIL and FIL will watch the kids.  I'm looking forward to getting out and dressing like a grown up that doesn't need to have a supply of crayons. 

There's still some feelings about how things were "supposed" to be handled vs how they were actually handled (to the documentation of the will!) after DH's grandmother died. FIL's sister has an opinion of how things are supposed to be done and it's not often that people tell her no.  (I won't make the story longer but she's done things that could have worked her into legal hot water if FIL wanted to pursue).  Since the passing of the grandmother the aunt has let on where she "thinks" some possessions were to go, what was truly something MIL and FIL could have given away (if it was given to them YEARS AGO) and MIL has audibly said, "Do not let anyone take it!"  It's put fear into Chiquita since she happened to inherit an item.   

I mentioned to DH that we have to address this with Chiquita because she's now asking questions and he has to help our kid understand the hurt feelings, that what she has is HERS and no one is allowed to take it back and that there are some things that MIL says that may not be appropriate. Chiquita was instructed to keep the conversation private and I'm hoping that she does.  

Re: Thirsty Thursday

• Options
    What's up?! One more day and then 3 day weekend for us.  DH and I took Monday off to hang with DefConn. 

If you listen to Last Podcast on the Left occasionally (because not all their stuff is my thing...I'm not into aliens at all) and don't keep up with their feed, they have a current series on MK Ultra that is great.  If you don't listen to them but are interested in something well researched on MK Ultra, just know their format is that one guy (Marcus) is narrating the story/research and the other two (Henry/Ben) are 'color' commentators on the story.  They are three friends and comedians, so the commentating is very funny but can feel like they're not taking it 'seriously' though they are. I told DH to listen to it and he was all sorts of "WTF? These guys are jokers", even though I gave him pre-warning.   LOL  

Rainy and crappy today and getting colder.  Everything is flooding due to the snowmelt.  It's so gross. 

Prudie coming up. 
  • Options
    Yikes…good luck dealing with that @banana468!  My grandmother died in 2016- my aunt (dad’s sister) was everything for my grandmother (executor of her will, poa etc)…as well as named on all of her bank accounts.  There was one account that was supposed to be split between my dad and his siblings that 8 months before she passed, had $345,000 in it, to under $200 in it when she died.  A few other accounts were similar although that’s the most extreme.  My dad and his brothers didn’t press her bc they all do well, but there was a ton of shadiness.  Nana had clear instructions on things being split evenly, but that was what was left of her once she passed.  It was all my aunt’s while she was alive 😬 my parents are friendly enough with her but my uncles haven’t spoken to her since. 

Pretty SSDD here.  I did alright with my Disney dining reservations though didn’t get the two I really wanted (character breakfast or CRT), so into the apps and alerts I go. Thankful it’s almost Friday! 
  • Options
    ei34 said:
    Yikes…good luck dealing with that @banana468!  My grandmother died in 2016- my aunt (dad’s sister) was everything for my grandmother (executor of her will, poa etc)…as well as named on all of her bank accounts.  There was one account that was supposed to be split between my dad and his siblings that 8 months before she passed, had $345,000 in it, to under $200 in it when she died.  A few other accounts were similar although that’s the most extreme.  My dad and his brothers didn’t press her bc they all do well, but there was a ton of shadiness.  Nana had clear instructions on things being split evenly, but that was what was left of her once she passed.  It was all my aunt’s while she was alive 😬 my parents are friendly enough with her but my uncles haven’t spoken to her since. 

Pretty SSDD here.  I did alright with my Disney dining reservations though didn’t get the two I really wanted (character breakfast or CRT), so into the apps and alerts I go. Thankful it’s almost Friday! 
    @ei34 FIL was both POA and executor.  There was no money but there were items/family artwork (FIL's grandfather was a professional artist) so the discussion was about who was due to get which items of art or items used in the art.    The other issue is adhering to the concept of 'blood talks to blood' and that even though MIL and FIL have been married for 50 years DH absolutely thinks it's not MIL's place to insert herself into this even if we suspect that DH's aunt may have misappropriated some items to some of her kids before the division could take place.  

Regarding Disney, stick to the notifications in Touring Plans and other apps if you can.  You may find some cancellations last minute! 
  • Options
    Excited for Prudie!

I think things at work may get shaken up more than i originally thought. I dont' know details yet but I'm either in the running for a big promotion or I'm not interested in working in my same position for someone else, especially if they hire internally (this position would be my new boss if I stay at my same job).  So i'm going to keep looking and interviewing so hopefully I have options when everything shakes out here. There's also an open position in a new department here that actually looks really cool and the supervisor is awesome.  It would be a great move if I want to stay at this company long term, but would be a weird move if I decide to go elsewhere or get back into my current line of work. Lots to think about!
  • Options
    Ugh @banana468.  Chiquita is the same age as DefConn (right?) and he's learned how to navigate FIL pretty well.  He knows when we tell him not to say something to FIL why we're saying it and keeps it under his hat.  So I hope she's got enough wherewithal to just nod and smile or whatever.  

Also, massive 'ughs' on the estate stuff.  We found out some really frustrating info recently about GMIL's estate.  Nothing we can do, but DH and I are trying to get it unstuck from our craw. 
  • Options
    OMG y'all.  A DefConn story. 

His class wrote poems and they're compiling a poetry book.  I think they did this last year, but we didn't get the book.  His poem is so good (it made me cry even though it's about dirt bikes, but he just did such a good job, and he's come so far with the dyslexia, and it's the end of elementary, so I'm in my feelings) that I said I'd buy the book.

Anyway, he gets off the bus yesterday and this is our conversation:

DefConn:  "We have to come up with a name for our poetry book. I was thinking of suggesting 'the good book', like you know, 'good burger' (clearly someone's found All That on tiktok)!" 
    Me: "Ummmm...the 'good book' is another name for the Bible."
    Him: "Ohhh Jesus Christ!"

That religious education is on point.  

• Options
    Ugh to the family drama! @ei34, that’s insane!
    @mrsconn23, I love that story.  Lol. 
    I hope you can ease Chiquita’s mind @banana468

I had a very good meeting last night for the meet up group going to Nashville. I’m actually driving down with a member and sharing a room with her, so some cost is lifted (which will just go back into liquor).  The organizer had a bunch of things listed and wanted everyone’s input but most of us were like “you plan it, we’ll follow along”.  We’ve got some very cool things I never knew existed in that area planned.  When I go to Nashville, which is a lot, I honkytonk on Broadway usually - which we may do, but maybe just for a few hours. 
    I also got a super speedy Shein shipment last night from an order last week.  I kept seeing ads on FB, and so many people have said they loved it - so I bought a bunch of stuff for express shipping.  And guess what? I now, too, love it.  Everything but 2 dresses fit me perfect. Which has always been the case. And I just quit stitchfix too!  So I highly recommend Shein if anyone is on the cusp about the quality.  It’s there! I have three bathingsuits in my order and the quality is amazing! I did express shipping but even regular shipping isn’t that bad.  I’m putting in another order now that I know how things fit. 

Onto Prudie!

• Options
    Ugh to family drama. H's dad's side is in it right now too. Not estate related, or at least not directly. His step sister just turned up after being out of contact with everyone for 20+ years and is starting a bunch of crap. H has gotten his feelings hurt over some of it, but I'm thankful that at least the kids can be shielded. 
  • Options
    It took me almost 2 hours to get to work today. There was what I am sure was a fatality on the one lane road I take to work. How awful. 

I am feeling anxious today. Trying to tell myself to chill out. Staff are all testing positive again, so cool cool with that.  

• Options
    I renewed my driver's license and change the address this morning.  I don't know why they have to make it so complicated.  I pre-registered and brought the needed documentation.  Except the state won't accept a printed pay stub from my employer - what??  Fortunately, they could look up our property taxes as proof of residence.  Glad that is done for another 4 yrs.

H planned a 60th (yeah, I'm old) birthday party for me this Saturday at a local restaurant.  There's been a kerfuffle.  Youngest bro kept trying to thunderjack by texting my H that there were other Feb birthdays in the fam (him and his gf) and we should celebrate everyone. H didn't respond.  Then brother texts again about this and H responds that we'd love to celebrate with them - plan something and we'll be there.  No response.  H and the gf work together and she tells a co-worker that we are gathering to celebrate all Feb birthdays on Sat.  Then other bro and nephew tell my Mom that they can't come on Sat after telling us they could.  So now the official party will be with DH's family and my Mom on Saturday and we'll meet up with my brothers and nephew on Friday night.  My feelings were hurt in all this and then I feel guilty for not including the other bdays originally.  It's just stupid.

It's Friday eve!
  • Options
    @banana468 - great idea!  :D
  • Options
    Sleep training, no more child care for the rest of the week, trying to keep all the proverbial balls in the air. 
  • Options
    Sleep training, no more child care for the rest of the week, trying to keep all the proverbial balls in the air. 
    Ugh, i'm thinking about you!  How is sleep training going?!
  • Options
    Casadena said:
    Casadena said:
    He does great when H puts him down and does the sleep routine. Asleep in like 10 minutes and sleeps all night. When I do it? 45+ minutes of crying. Naps are still a disaster but slightly less so each day? 
  • Options
    Ugh im sorry @MNNEBride ! A milestone bday is absolutely its own celebration! 
    @CharmedPam thank you but it’s drama from back in 2016. And it’s my dad’s side, we’re not close with them anyway. Truly wedding&funeral folk.