Wedding Woes
Options

Fri-yay!

We made it!  Taking the kids to a Jurassic Quest tomorrow, and trying to get some down time in otherwise. Hope everyone’s work day is quick and smooth!

Re: Fri-yay!

• Options
    It's headlamp Friday here!  The wind was super fierce and we lost power at about 6 AM.  The generator is going so I have internet but right now I'm unshowered and looking like a hot mess. 

• Options
    Since idk what the news is showing in the states, 2 of the leaders of the protest were arrested last night.
    They're making moves today.
    Rumour is they're taking their security space first, then Parliament hill.

I'll keep you posted but try to check actual Canadian news sources {CTV Ottawa if that's available}
  • Options
    Oh no @banana468!  I hope it comes back on soon.  
    Ugh @STARMOON44, sending you all the calming vibes.

We had bowling with scouts last night.  It's our last everything, so it's bittersweet.  The kids had so much fun.  I'm backing off as a 'leader' since I'm not going to be there next year, which made it more fun for me because I got chat more than I felt the need to be coordinating things. 

DefConn's school had a 2 hour delay this morning since everything was frozen over this morning due to the storm last night.  My car is covered in ice and doors were stuck this morning.  We got them open, thankfully, so we didn't have a freeze waiting for the bus. 

When we got home, we watched Ali Wong's new stand-up special.  It's so good. Definitely recommend. 

Looking forward to the long weekend.  We don't have major plans except having FIL over tomorrow for his bday.  We're also going to start working on our foyer refresh. 
  • Options
    Entirely other note; I was off yesterday because I had a rough panic attack on Wednesday night.
    It's 10)% not Matt's fault but unfortunately something we were talking about triggered me.
    Multiple times we've talked about how when paramedics came, my dad had already been gone for hours. He was DOA but they have to do their due diligence to say they tried.
    Anyways talking about that triggered a flashback, which triggered anxiety.
    Super. It really didn't fade fully until next day - which is excessive. But because I was anxious, I really didn't sleep.

I feel better today, but not pushing myself too hard.
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger I hope you continue to feel a little better, i'm so sorry you're dealing with that anxiety.  
  • Options
    @banana468 Thank you <3 I've always had anxiety/depression issues but not enough for medication. As my dr explained, unfortunately this was traumatic enough to tip over the edge :\ 

@Casadena Today is better. It's unfortunately one of those things that 9x I could be fine talking about it, but that 10th time sets me off
  • Options
    So H and I have an expensive bathroom renovation that we need to do and lots of cosmetic things we'd like to do to our house.  BUT 2 really great houses in our neighborhood just came up for sale that are a better layout than our current house and in better locations.  We're going to both open houses this weekend and just see how we feel.  I doubt we'll actually do anything especially so quickly, but it's tempting.  

I started ripping wallpaper out of our foyer/stairs/and hallway and it's coming off really easily, yay!  But now I need to figure out a steamer situation to get the glue and gunk off.  Then we're repainting our whole main floor and i'm so excited for it to be a little fresher.    

I think IL's are coming over tomorrow for awhile but other than that, no big plans for the weekend. Hopefully lots of outside time if its not too frigid.  
  • Options
    @STARMOON44, Sending you 0 fucks to give, and vibes for serenity. 

My current stupid work annoyance is reply all emails. Some dumbass sent a wrong email to an entire business unit (~1500 people). Ok, whatever, but now people keep replying all to ask to be removed, and then someone will reply all and tell people to stop replying all. It's been going on for days and I'm ready to scream. 

Nothing exciting planned this weekend, but I'm excited for the weekend nonetheless. Tonight is dinner with my parents. I haven't seen them in almost 4 weeks because of trip and pre-trip isolating. Tomorrow we're going up to the mountains to do some hiking with my sister and niblings who are camping this weekend. Sunday I might check in on my BFF who is getting divorced and moving. I want to take her a housewarming something and maybe help her with organizing and arranging. 
  • Options
    So sorry you had that trigger @MissKittyDanger.  My parents are in Manitoba now, and I heard the truckers blocked something there (the border?), so I’m sure I’ll get updates.  But as I told ya’ll yesterday, if they come from my mom they’ll be exaggerated and inaccurate.

@MyNameIsNot, I’d scream too! Those e-mails will never stop!!

@banana468, glad you got the power back up! Now go warsh yourself up!

I had weekend plans. My friend wanted me to go to a game night on Monday with him since we both have it off, but he’s a teacher and still scared of covid cases (understandable) so wants to do it during his spring break instead, which is 5 days after my second surgery and I’m not going to be doing anything that close to it.  I lied and said I was going to Canada. Just like work thinks I’m doing for it too.  It’s a good coverup.

I came in late, because I was plowing my driveway and didn’t want to be an a-hole who started too too early. Annoying martyr coworker asked if I got a lot of snow.  I really didn’t.  I got like 2”. We were predicted 1-4, so 1/2 is a nice welcoming.  People south of me were predicted 5-8”, North of me “up to 1”. When I told her I didn’t have much (but it still needs plowing) she said she did.  And indicated with her hands what she got, which looked more like 5”. I looked at the map the news put up for us yesterday and she’s North of me, and in the up to 1” area. I got 1/2 of what I was supposed to get, so I’m side eyeing her.  She lies a lot and says so much stuff for people to take pitty on her, I have half a mind to leave for lunch and drive by and catch her in that lie.  Lol.  I won’t. She’s not worth that time (plus I already missed an hour of work) but I doubt very much she got 5”.  She just needs the pitty.  

• Options
    My office is finally back to cleaned and organized Varuna.  I'm putting myself back on my schedule and things will get caught up as they get caught up.  I'm going back to the "IDGAF what goes on, I stay in my office and do my job" Varuna.  My main focus right now is trying to figure out why I'm excellent about having a personal schedule/goals for 2 weeks then I fall all the way off the wagon for a week, then can go back to the schedule.  I can do some pretty serious harm in that week to the goals I have and I'm tired of doing that.  So, working on that.

No big plans for the weekend.  I'd like to see some movies and there's a sale I want to go by.  Other than that, just staying home and keeping my normal routine.
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2022
    Yeah movies are on my list.  My meet up has two but no desire to see any of them, and they’re at the theater I’d pay for instead of the movie theatre I have a pass for.  I don’t need to go to movies with people.  I’ll probably do that Sunday and Monday now!

ugh.  And a new “annoying coworker” story.
    i take a few peices of twizzlers out of my desk (found a love in the zero sugar brand), and start eating.  I did have breakfast already, I just wanted some twizzlers.  Annoying co-worker stands up “I’m hungry”. She says.  Sees me eating “are you hungry?”
    I shook my head “no, I’m snacking but not hungry”.
    So now I gotta explain how I still can eat even when I’m not hungry? Why does she even care?!? Such a weird question to ask someone. 

• Options
    @Casadena by better location do you mean farther away from ILs new home?  :D
    @MissKittyDanger sending healing vibes!
  • Options
    Yeah movies are on my list.  My meet up has two but no desire to see any of them, and they’re at the theater I’d pay for instead of the movie theatre I have a pass for.  I don’t need to go to movies with people.  I’ll probably do that Sunday and Monday now!

ugh.  And a new “annoying coworker” story.
    i take a few peices of twizzlers out of my desk (found a love in the zero sugar brand), and start eating.  I did have breakfast already, I just wanted some twizzlers.  Annoying co-worker stands up “I’m hungry”. She says.  Sees me eating “are you hungry?”
    I shook my head “no, I’m snacking but not hungry”.
    So now I gotta explain how I still can eat even when I’m not hungry? Why does she even care?!? Such a weird question to ask someone. 
    She's the same as the teacher mentor in yesterday's Prudie. Stop worrying about what other people are eating, asshole!
  • Options
    She was totally trying to get you to offer her Twizzlers @CharmedPam!
  • Options
    DS2 is coming home for the weekend. We'll get Mexican tomorrow night and watch Eternals. Tonight DH is smoking ribs - yum! So we are doing some updating in our laundry room to make it more of a laundry room/pantry. H is doing some painting then we will put up open shelving for storage. I've really got the organizing bug. We went to Lowes this morning to look at shelving options. I also grab some paint chips for the powder bath. I think I'm going with a navy. We are replacing the pedestal sink with a white vanity. I like the idea of dark walls with the white fixtures. We also looked at vanities - preliminarily. Need to get showered now and tackle the mud room closet.
  • Options
    @ei34 lololol not that lucky - both are on cul-de-sacs!  We have a really nice lot, but it's on the corner of the main drag through the neighborhood and not fenced. So we just have to be super on top the boys all the time :)  It would be nice to be able to relax a little.