Wedding Woes

A Monday for Presidents

CharmedPamCharmedPam member
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
edited February 2022 in Wedding Woes
How was everyone’s weekend? Mine was very low key. I took myself to The Cursed, I had no idea what it was about (since I rarley see trailers anymore) just that it was a horror, and it turned out to be excellent! Although I heard snoring coming from 2 different directions, so that probably wasn’t the general consensus.  I have today off and trying to find a good matinee for “Death on the Nile” that’s not overly crowded.
Eta: forgot to mention to Yellowstone fans, Kelly Reilly is in The Cursed and does a very good job. No sign of Beth Dutton at all!
I ordered a crap ton of tops on Shein with shoulder cut-outs or even just one shoulder exposed and I hate a) strapless bra’s and b) showing a bra strap.  So today I’m heading out to hopefully find a good bra with a clear strap - or a good removable strap bra since I already own 2 width’s of interchangeable clear ones.  Aside from kohls, macy’s and JC penny, anyone hugely successful with variety at other places?  I usually buy online but even that’s proving to be hard. 

Welcome back @short+sassy, was Hawaii all you thought it’d be?

Re: A Monday for Presidents

• Happy Monday!

The weekend was nice and busy.  We went to a birthday party for DH's cousin who turned 40.  I didn't realize or pay attention in the dim lighting but a friend of the cousin was wearing a "Let's Go Brandon" hat which has now helped form my opinion of the kind of guy this friend is.  

My ILs had the kids overnight so DH and I enjoyed a late night and the loveliness that is a home without kids in it and the noises you can make when they're not there to question what you're doing.  Sunday was the Daytona 500 so after mass I made a big pot of chili and soft pretzels and we had MIL, FIL and my uncle over to watch the race.  

Kiddos are off today and tomorrow and I'm working.  It seems like an "in office"holiday and the email traffic is slow. 
  • @CharmedPam, thanks!  Monday back from vacation.  The worst type of Monday, lol.  And, no, this isn't a holiday with my employer so I'm sitting in my cube as I type this.

But my H and I had a great time!  The weather was perfect.  The sights were gorgeous.  We had so much good food.  It was also so nice to see my family on the way back, even if it was just for a few days.  I'm also glad to be back home.

Pretty busy at work.  Because, ya know, I've been gone for 10 days so stuff has piled up.  But I'm going to try to catch up on the WW goings on between tasks.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Had a good weekend. Went to one of those paint and sip classes Friday night my friends. It was really fun! 
    Saturday I had a nice lazy morning. Watched a little of season 2 of Love is Blind. Then drove upstate to N's. Unfortunately I got stuck driving through a snow squall that was crazy intense. It passed through after about 10 minutes but there we accidents everywhere. 

The rest of the weekend was pretty mellow. Went food shopping. Finally got my car washed. N made me watch The Walking Dead..haha. That's about it. 

I'd check Target for bras. Seems like they have a good selection. 
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    edited February 2022
    Thanks @climbingsingle, I did scope out walmart but always forget about Target.

I never heard the term squall until this weekend and all the posts.  Is that a new term or am I just stupid? I’m almost done S2 of love is blind as well. Isn’t it crazy? I don’t like ANY of the couples that made it. Actually someone reminds me of the last guy that I dated, that I almost can’t watch. His mannerisms, body type, facial features - everything. Stop it, Netflix, I’m trying to get over him!

• @CharmedPam I don't think squall is a new term but they can be relatively unusual to go from zero to white out super fast. 

We luckily left post-squall @climbingsingle but DH was watching them and crossing fingers that we wouldn't get stuck since our drive was basically the 95 corridor. 
  • That looks so nice @Jstump2!  So nice, clean and organized! My shelves would be (and are) overfilled!

YES! I did an express order for Shein and everything looks great! The quality is really really nice.  The reviews say to size up on a lot of things, but I’m finding getting my normal size or even sizing down on flowy tops works for me perfectly.  So, pull that trigger IMO

• Thanks @climbingsingle, I did scope out walmart but always forget about Target.

I never heard the term squall until this weekend and all the posts.  Is that a new term or am I just stupid? I’m almost done S2 of love is blind as well. Isn’t it crazy? I don’t like ANY of the couples that made it. Actually someone reminds me of the last guy that I dated, that I almost can’t watch. His mannerisms, body type, facial features - everything. Stop it, Netflix, I’m trying to get over him!
    Not a new term that I'm aware of. They're not super common though, at least not where I live. And I've definitely never witnessed that kind of intensity before. It took maybe a minute for the ground to be completely covered in snow - I couldn't even see the road or lanes. And then I couldn't even see the car in front of me. 

So many of these couples are so unlikable. I mean, it makes for good TV. But yeah, not really rooting for any of them. 
  • Happy Monday. Weekend was good. DS2 was home. We watched the Eternals and Deadpool. I have to laugh because he "warned" me the language in Deadpool was rough. I've heard worse, honey, but you go on thinking mom has sensitive ears lol! We both really like Eternals even though it didn't get good reviews. We also watched Don't Look Up. Really liked it too but it is thought provoking.

H has started working on the laundry room redo. He should paint today and hopefully go buy the wood we need for shelving. I cleaned out the mudroom closet. I couldn't believe we still had some of that stuff. Now it is all nice and organized. I got rid of stuff that my kids had in HS! They are 35,32 and 28 now!! It had all gotten pushed to the bottom of storage baskets.

I just made an appointment for the dermatologist. I have my annual appointment scheduled for the end of March, but I have this mole/skin tag thingy that I can practically see growing. I want it off my neck now! 

Welcome back @short+sassy. Glad you had a good time.

@CharmedPam, question for you since you know a lot about Salem. Are there other places in the US that is known for its witches and pagan rites ( I don't know if that is the right term, no disrespect intended)? My Italian homework this week was about a place in Italy that is known for that and my tutor asked me if there are places like that here. The only place I could think of was Salem. 

• short+sassyshort+sassy member
    edited February 2022
    @ILoveBeachMusic not quite what you are describing, but Savannah and New Orleans are both cities that have a lot of haunted places.  NOLA has a tradition of voodoo also that is really interesting.  I've never been, but have heard Gettysburg is considered one of the most haunted places in the country.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm not sure how "haunted" it is but I remember seeing Cry Witch as a live witch trial when I went to Colonial Williamsburg in 8th grade.
  • Thanks y'all. I hadn't thought about the Voodoo tradition in New Orleans. I think that is more along the lines she is asking about rather than haunted. I know Charleston and a lot of places have haunted building stories. Heck Indy has one just down the road from me. I will look more into the Voodoo culture.
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    edited February 2022
    Yeah, I’d definitely check the states of the original colonies. Lots of witchy stuff (and vampire) in New Orleans like @short+sassy mentioned. What many people don’t know/forget are the witch trials in CT. Salem is the most notorious for it, but CT was the first (and thus more deaths occurred) https://time.com/4543405/connecticut-witch-trials/

• Not a holiday here, either. It's a school holiday, though, so I think a lot of people took the day off. 

I had a little bit of a blah weekend. Saturday H and I got into a little bit of a squabble that I'm still a little "hung over" from. On the up side, we did a really awesome hike and I did a little shopping. I bought a wholly impractical white dress even though I never go anywhere, but it was $20 and it made me feel good because everything in my closet is too big. 

@CharmedPam, I had a little bit of luck at Ross/TJ Max this weekend. I wasn't specifically bra shopping, but they seemed to have a fair amount of spring/summer stuff. 
  • Birthday weekend was fun despite the drama leading up to it.  Friday night we celebrated all three of the family birthdays at a chain restaurant.  Saturday was low key, we watched "murder shows" all morning. Then picked up my Mom and the birthday cake and went to celebrate with DH's family.  Sunday morning I looked out to the street and there was a giant steer on a trailer in front of our house that showed the world it was my birthday.  We did online church, cleaned a little and did laundry.  My co-worker stopped by with a bottle of wine and a gift card to a local boutique that has home décor.  DH bought me black pearl earrings which I love.  We went out to dinner at the fancy steakhouse.  It was excellent.  With all the dinners, we have enough leftovers to eat all week!  
  • @CharmedPam I really love the strapless/clear strap bra I have from Lane Bryant.  Stays in place without a lot of tugging up and is comfortable.

Weekend was fairly chill.  I had my hair cut appointment on Saturday and it was so needed.  My hairdresser did a bouffant that was fun.  I'll post pics in a minute.  Otherwise, I just stayed home.  My period slammed into my really hard this time, lots of emotional things and cramps, so I wasn't fit for company.