Wedding Woes

Monday Comes Around Again

Well, my birthday was a success.  I have cut back on drinking alcohol so much that it was a wee bit of a disaster, but I made it home safely with friends and only have a few bruises and skinned knuckles.  My one friend was like, Oh no, after they announced who you were and that it was your birthday, the amount of alcohol flowing to you was insane, you never had a chance, you even tried to decline and start drinking water, and it just didn't stop."  I spent all day Sunday just sleeping and laying down.

I did get my brakes fixed, oil changed, and air put into my tires.  It was nearly $800 for everything, but I had kinda thought that's what it would be for all of it and Sassy is MUCH happier with me...there are no more bells and whistles or yellow/red alerts on the dashboard.  They also washed her for me, which was so nice, b/c she was terribly dirty.  I was just waiting for the weather to settle down before washing her.

SSDD for this week.  Getting back into my routine, hopefully as soon as possible.  Since I spent Saturday out and then Sunday recovering, none of my regular weekend chores were done and I'm feeling a bit unsettled.

Re: Monday Comes Around Again

• Overall decent weekend

Unfortunately we had a meltdown over dance and how BK doesn't wanna go back.
    She said multiple times, and also expressed she wants gymnastics again.
    That doesn't start until April, so we're waiting to hear back from the dance studio about if any refund can be done - even partial refund because she attended only 3 classes.

We'll see.

I saw my 2 bff's on Saturday night and honestly you could just feel we all needed it.

Sunday we went to Lowes because I'm prob getting a car sooner than originally thought. So we had to see about a garage door opener - unfortunately low staff so we didn't get a chance to see anything.
    We told BK after Lowes we'd check out Toys R Us - between xmas and last bday, we had a lot of gift card for her.
    I only brought $150 worth, so we let her decide.

She got - 
    Pandy {from Gabby's Dollhouse}
    Baby Shark
    Tiny dino surprise egg {she wants more now lol}
    and Bingo and Bluey bath toys.

I told M that once we're out back more and she has her water table, maybe I'll swing by Toys R Us again for outside toys - I'm 90% sure her water toys are under ice and snow so idk how well they'll be.
  • Damn @charlotte989875 that sucks. I will keep my fingers crossed that you stay healthy for your event. 
  • Baby M has a cold & fingers crossed it’s not Covid. My Mom said this morning “oh your Dad had a cold last week maybe it’s that”. Umm and you didn’t tell us and no one got tested? She said “oh I didn’t think about it and I can’t make him get tested”. FFS. Also now I don’t feel good and have a huge event at work I was supposed to be on-site for Wednesday and Thursday. 
    She doesn't have at home tests? 

I'm so sorry it's been frustrating with her lately but given that Baby M is too young to be vaccinated can you take the approach that if there are covid symptoms in the house the requirement is that they test or she's not watching him?    
    Is that also a source of gripe for your H?  

@levioosa good luck with your notice!!

I'm feeling sad for a friend who was basically told on Friday that she was unfriended because her kids were possibly going to take the option of going unmasked at school (it's optional as of today in a lot of communities, her family is vaccinated and has all had omicron and her kids are 9, 12, and 14 - starting to be in the age group where they follow mom rules until mom's out of sight).  She's been VERY cautious through everything and we only saw each other one time since Covid hit and when we did it was masked and outside.

Over the weekend she went to the ER because she was bit by a dog.  I feel so bad for her.
  • @charlotte989875 ugh that's infuriating!
    @VarunaTT glad the birthday weekend went well!
    @levioosa yay for resignation and happy early bday

Back to work today after a week off.  STBXH was getting really off the rails so I'm happy to be out of the house.  
  • banana468 said:
    Baby M has a cold & fingers crossed it’s not Covid. My Mom said this morning “oh your Dad had a cold last week maybe it’s that”. Umm and you didn’t tell us and no one got tested? She said “oh I didn’t think about it and I can’t make him get tested”. FFS. Also now I don’t feel good and have a huge event at work I was supposed to be on-site for Wednesday and Thursday. 
    She doesn't have at home tests? 

I'm so sorry it's been frustrating with her lately but given that Baby M is too young to be vaccinated can you take the approach that if there are covid symptoms in the house the requirement is that they test or she's not watching him?    
    Is that also a source of gripe for your H?  

@levioosa good luck with your notice!!

I'm feeling sad for a friend who was basically told on Friday that she was unfriended because her kids were possibly going to take the option of going unmasked at school (it's optional as of today in a lot of communities, her family is vaccinated and has all had omicron and her kids are 9, 12, and 14 - starting to be in the age group where they follow mom rules until mom's out of sight).  She's been VERY cautious through everything and we only saw each other one time since Covid hit and when we did it was masked and outside.

Over the weekend she went to the ER because she was bit by a dog.  I feel so bad for her.
    Oh she has tests. She said my Dad wouldn’t take one. But didn’t think to take one or tell us he was sick. I just, can’t understand her thinking. 

We’re going to have to do this moving forward, although I really didn’t think it needed to be said out loud as a rule. 
  • I’m so sorry for your loss @CharmedPam

• ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I'm sorry for your loss @CharmedPam