Wedding Woes
Options

WEDDING DAY Wednesday! - Please check in Short+Sassy!!

@short+sassy I saw the video of the tornado in New Orleans last night.  Are you OK?  Please check in!

HAPPY WEDDING DAY @levioosa!!  If you're inclined to share pictures even if you put a smiley face over your face I'd love to see them.  I hope the day goes off with only the GOOD kind of hitches.  

SSDD here.  I have a video meeting later for work so Wednesday is one of the days I actually try to have my "face on".  Kiddos are now entering the age where their social event calendar is busier than my own.   We have hikes, cookie sales and bonfires coming up! 

Re: WEDDING DAY Wednesday! - Please check in Short+Sassy!!

• Options
    I've also been thinking of S+S after seeing video of the tornado - yikes!

Happy Wedding Day @levioosa!

Another rainy day here.  I'm going to dinner with a work friend tonight.  We have MUCH to talk about and will need a private table with lots of drinks!  

I need to make jello and broth today as DH starts the prep tomorrow for his colonoscopy on Friday.  Fun times.
  • Options
    Hopefully she's okay.

Yay wedding day for @levioosa !!
  • Options
    Happy wedding day @levioosa!!!!
  • Options
    We're about to get some lovely icy weather tomorrow.
    I am absolutely done with this shit weather  *heavy sigh*
  • Options
    Happy Wedding day @levioosa!!!

Sending all the vibes to S+S. Those videos look scary, and right on the heels of the hurricane roof damage!

Nothing nearly as interesting going on here. H and I had an odd conversation this morning about cold war stuff from the 80s. He's a little older than I am, so has more memories of the early 80s and always feeling like we were on the verge of WW3.  

Also, my book club has officially died, so I'm resigned to finding something to read on my own. 
  • Options
    Happy wedding day @levioosa!!

I'm tired today.  M and L came over last night for dinner and we ended up playing 2 games of euchre.  L has never played and I'm the rookiest of rookies, but I'm learning and kind of love it.  It is the unofficial state game.  I feel like everyone plays it around here.  But M's retained counsel and told his ex what he plans to do if she continues her BS.  She predictably lost her shit, but hey...play stupid games, win a date in court. 

Anyway, we were up way too late and the last beer was probably questionable decision-making.  However, it was a lot of fun and I think helped M relax a little. He's such a nice guy and good person, which I think played into her 'miscalculation' of him, but this kind of confrontation is not in his nature and very stressful for him. 

It bleh again here.  Cold and rainy.  Besides the kitchen being a shitshow from last night, our house is pretty caught up. I'm tempted to get in bed tonight after dinner and try to catch up on This Is Us since I'm about 4 eps behind.  
  • Options
    @MyNameIsNot one of the book clubs I have written down to follow next year (I'm doing a queer book club this year) is The Free Black Womens Library.  They announce the book and then do a led discussion via Zoom.  They always pick the most interesting books; right now I'm trying to read all of the Hugo Award winners and then the queer book club, so I'm just adding their books to my list and I'll join up next year for a reading club.

I'm feeling blah today.  The weather has me down.  My stupid allergy test is the 29th, so I'm already not taking my allergy meds and I can tell.  Blah.  I've also figured out I'm struggling with some boredom and loneliness.  However, I have a few new projects on the horizon.  A good friend and I have decided that we are starting our own drag house to support each other starting drag (both of us are new as drag performers, but have loads of relevant, related experience).  Plus I have some papercraft models coming in soon.  So, I'm working on it.  I'm just so tired of going home to chores, then TV.  The days are getting longer, so I'll start going to see movies again soon (I walk to my theatre, but there have been some assaults in a parking garage I have to walk past, so I haven't been going during the week when it's dark).  
  • Options
    Happy Wedding Day @levioosa! I was thinking about you this morning @short+sassy when I saw the news. Glad to know you are ok!

I started packing for SC but am now waiting for the laundry to be finished so I can pack last clothing. I know I'm over packing but this time of year I need clothes/shoes for cool and hot weather. Going to get my eyebrows done in a little bit and have the theater tonight with my girls' group. My trainer kicked my butt this morning so I probably won't be able to move tomorrow.

I remember those busy kid schedule days. Not to sound too old and philosophical, you will miss it when they leave home. We were so involved in sports and scouts then it was like what the heck, I miss that group of kids and parents.
  • Options
    OMG.  I got a text from a mom of a kid who rides the bus with Chiquito.

My child loves Pokémon.  He has a binder and cards and wants more cards now and more cards tomorrow and for breakfast he'd like more cards.  Her child came home with a $100 courtesy of my son who bought a few "really valuable" cards in exchange for money. 

It's not like he's come home with a bag of blow that I now need to confiscate but OMG I did not see my day going like this.  
  • Options
    Oh man @banana468 how did y’all handle it?
  • Options
    @levioosa Happy Wedding Day!  I hope it all went well!

@MyNameIsNot My book club is reading "A Man Called Ove" right now which is pretty good.

Cold and rainy here today.  

• Options
    banana468 said:
    OMG.  I got a text from a mom of a kid who rides the bus with Chiquito.

My child loves Pokémon.  He has a binder and cards and wants more cards now and more cards tomorrow and for breakfast he'd like more cards.  Her child came home with a $100 courtesy of my son who bought a few "really valuable" cards in exchange for money. 

It's not like he's come home with a bag of blow that I now need to confiscate but OMG I did not see my day going like this.  
    elementary school trade offs are like back alley sales
  • Options
    Follow up - there were TWO trades made and for a total of $150.  The kid came forward and confessed that he had TWO dealings with my kid so today we're getting our things back. 

We're continuing to look for legit Pokemon cards for Chiquito but spending ALL your Christmas money on two cards isn't how to work it. 
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    Follow up - there were TWO trades made and for a total of $150.  The kid came forward and confessed that he had TWO dealings with my kid so today we're getting our things back. 

We're continuing to look for legit Pokemon cards for Chiquito but spending ALL your Christmas money on two cards isn't how to work it. 
    I’m sure this was his lesson learned! 

• Options
    Pokémon has been banned at DefConn's school because of the amount of complaints the principal and VP got from parents over kids trading/making bad trades.  
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    Pokémon has been banned at DefConn's school because of the amount of complaints the principal and VP got from parents over kids trading/making bad trades.  
    We are likely going to say that the cards need to stay home.

It is so hard for the kid because he only got the cards for Christmas so this is a bonding friendship thing for him.  

But it's not worth it if this is now a source of fighting and money loss.