Wedding Woes
Options

Tuesday

All of my third quarter grades are officially submitted, so this is a good Tuesday for me.  Hoping it's okay for everyone else too!

Re: Tuesday

• Options
    Enjoy that good feeling @ei34

SSDD over here. Upper management went to HR about the guy that smells in the office, if you remember me telling you about him (he’s in sales - he needs to know!). So there’s a meeting going on about it now with management and HR. Didn’t know a situation like this needed a special ops team. 
    Hopefully it's an easy fix. I'm guessing maybe he's going through a hard time but it's good someone's flagged to see him.
  • Options
    A cleaning service is a great gift! I need to find someone good.  I’ve been burned in the past with homeaglow in my area. 
    @charlotte989875, I think that’s typical (not that I have kids) when parents leave and then the TINIEST distraction and boom.  All smiles and laughter and fun.

He was hired right before covid hit @banana468, so for one year he was wfh.  Then came in here and there and no one noticed it… but then he got a dog and we’re wondering if he’s just not a good pet owner? Or maybe he doesn’t wash his clothes correctly? We don’t think it’s him but we smell it on certain clothes - and if he’s a slob with clothes everywhere and the dog sleeps on them… well…. But depression I never thought of!

• Options
    I mayyyyy have over purchased for Easter and I don't wanna give BK anything ahead of time again, but .... idk.

I already gave her sunglasses and rainboots.

She has 2 hats, sandals, bubbles, pj set {says "I love moo"}, hollow chocolate dog, bows, side walk chalk and hair clips.

I also picked up bunny foot prints that maybe I'll put some items down as she walks to the rest.
    My dad would do a treasure map {draw living room, then follow my mum and dot/X where stuff was} so I kinda like that idea but M nor I can draw well enough lmao!
    I think she'll like the foot prints. But I need to stop spending.

BK back at prek, M is still sick and still negative, I have evaded yet another plague and I swear I'm disinfecting my house this weekend.
  • Options
    A cleaning service is a great gift! I need to find someone good.  I’ve been burned in the past with homeaglow in my area. 
    @charlotte989875, I think that’s typical (not that I have kids) when parents leave and then the TINIEST distraction and boom.  All smiles and laughter and fun.

He was hired right before covid hit @banana468, so for one year he was wfh.  Then came in here and there and no one noticed it… but then he got a dog and we’re wondering if he’s just not a good pet owner? Or maybe he doesn’t wash his clothes correctly? We don’t think it’s him but we smell it on certain clothes - and if he’s a slob with clothes everywhere and the dog sleeps on them… well…. But depression I never thought of!
    If the smell is bad and consistent and is combined with visible hygiene issues then that can be a sign of depression.  Think of how his hair appears, skin, etc because that's not just a bad pet owner or someone who is leaving his clothes in the washing machine to start to smell moldy. 
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Feel better @climbingsingle!  A cleaning service would be an incredible gift @banana468 My kids never made it to daycare but I remember their first days getting dropped off at preschool as 3-year-olds, lots of tears (theirs in the classroom, mine in the car) but the teachers and TAs always swore within 1-2 minutes they stopped.  There's too much fun to be had.
  • Options
    It's a dreary, rainy Tuesday here and I want a nap. Otherwise, SSDD. 

Stinky coworkers are reason 657 that I prefer WFH. I used to have a desk neighbor who didn't shower often. In the winter it was fine, but summer was not. We live in Georgia; it's usually summer. 
  • Options
    Add me to crying kids - DS had his first swim lesson last night. He was NOT having it, had to be pulled away from me (which happens at daycare sometimes) and cried the entire time in the water. Unlike daycare where at least I'm gone I was there and he could see me and wanted to get to me. I think I need to ask if I can leave next time even though parents are supposed to stay there.  He loves water, loves "swimming" with floaties, but hates new things like this. Any changes are always a gamble on how he will react so while it wasn't a surprise it was still exhausting.  There's no negotiation or logic to get through situations like that with him you just have to ride it out. 

can't wait to go back again tomorrow (eyeroll)
  • Options
    re: good Friday - looks like daycare is open and I'm off!! Woohoo.  I'm surprised since this is a church daycare and his old one was always closed good Friday and it was just a regular chain not church related
  • Options
    Phew, it has been a really hectic day!  I'm super busy at work, which is actually a nice change.  I like being busy, instead of the day dragging.

We're also signing a lease this evening with another tenant.  That makes it 7 original vacancies with 3 down and 4 more to go.  But two of those aren't quite ready yet.

The previous tenant finally moved their car out of the driveway and to the street.  I told them that is fine for now but (as they know), there isn't a lot of on-street parking, so they can't leave it there forever.

I don't know why that house seems to be the Land of Broken Toys, lol.  But I evicted a tenant out of the small unit a few years ago.  He had a broken down car he'd parked on the lawn and a broken down boat he'd had parked on the street, next to the house.  Though the broken down car disappeared before I evicted him.  After about 6 months, the next tenants called parking enforcement about the boat.  They came out and put a big red sticker on the windshield.  He still lived on that street (joy) and finally moved it the next day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2022
    @MissKittyDanger you totally reminded me about getting my neices and nephews something for Easter….$100 later…. (Got 5 of them to buy for) Plus I’m sending them postcards (love that postcard app) with the best pictures on them.  ME! (j/k them!)
    ooooff @climbingsingle I hear you on the broken 40ness.  I stubbed my own toe this morning and wanted to just throw in the towel and go back to bed. 
    @mrsconn23 congrats to Defconn!

eta: smelly coworker is actually put together well.  Dresses ok. Hair is done. Doesn’t look bad.  Just smells bad.

btw, I saw a commercial for Pizza Hut’s big box, and focused on those wings they had in them (not a fan of their pizza).  My new obsession may be the honey bbq boneless wings and the lemon pepper fries.  And I have a pizzahut waking distance from me. And when I was asked to submit a review I wrote “NEVER change up your fries. Burger King did, and I bet they’re still regretting it” in the review.  
    Also. i ordered a slice of cheesecake for dessert for my lunch today.  Ask me how my diet’s going?

• Options
    We've been having a great time at the beach. Riding bikes and walking everyday and eating nothing but seafood for dinner! I could definitely get use to this. Today is the first day of predicted bad weather. After 3 this afternoon it is suppose to rain with possibility of tornadoes and hail this evening. We have reservations at a restaurant so I hope we can make it. We head home on Saturday. Today is also the first day (since we left) no one has been at our house working on the bathroom reno. I'm hoping that they get a lot done by the time we return.
  • Options
    @CharmedPam It's so easy to spend for kids on holidays ...
  • Options
    My funny for the day.

I'm preparing the lease that is being signed this evening.  In a nutshell, I include the names of all the adults who will be living at the property.  A few sentences later, I then include the names of any underage children who will be living at the property.

One of the adults is pregnant and due pretty soon, in early May.  I was thinking to myself, "Huh. I don't know the soon-to-be-born baby's name."  So this is what I wrote for the children (made up names) who will be living there:

John Smith, Jane Smith, and (Baby) Smith.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker