Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Is this appropriate for a convalidation ceremony?

Thoughts on if a simple wedding dress would be appropriate for my wedding/convalidation ceremony within the Catholic Church. 

I'm not looking to recreate my big ball gown and cathedral veil but I would like to do something to show how significant it is to me. Any ideas on dresses? Would ivory be appropriate? Do people invite others to the ceremony? I don't think we will have a reception but maybe a nice dinner after? Has anyone else done this before? If so, would you mind sharing what you did?

I fully believe that while we are legally married, we are not sacramentally married just yet and this ceremony is going to be just as important, if not more important that the first one three years ago. The Catholic Church will consider this THE wedding so I want to be appropriate.

Thank you!

Jennifer

*Tried putting this on the Catholic board but that one is pretty inactive. 

Re: Is this appropriate for a convalidation ceremony?

• Options
    Thoughts on if a simple wedding dress would be appropriate for my wedding/convalidation ceremony within the Catholic Church. 

I'm not looking to recreate my big ball gown and cathedral veil but I would like to do something to show how significant it is to me. Any ideas on dresses? Would ivory be appropriate? Do people invite others to the ceremony? I don't think we will have a reception but maybe a nice dinner after? Has anyone else done this before? If so, would you mind sharing what you did?

I fully believe that while we are legally married, we are not sacramentally married just yet and this ceremony is going to be just as important, if not more important that the first one three years ago. The Catholic Church will consider this THE wedding so I want to be appropriate.

Thank you!

Jennifer

*Tried putting this on the Catholic board but that one is pretty inactive. 

I think a simple and elegant dress would be appropriate.  If you were my daughter, I would absolutely love to be a witness to your religious ceremony.  I think inviting immediate family would be appropriate.  If you invite anyone, however, you should host a simple something following Mass.  Congratulations!
  • Options
    jrbelangerjrbelanger member
    First Comment
    edited April 2022
    Mobkaz,

I definitely want to invite parents as well as some friends that have walked this long process with us and been there to encourage us. Thank you so much for your answer!
  • Options
    I agree with @MobKaz!