Wedding Woes

Second Monday

How's everyone doing today?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Second Monday

• I'm leaving soon for round 2 of allergy shots.  I'm pretty apprehensive today; it was a rough reaction to them (not dangerous just rough), and I've been dealing with this stuff at an elevated level from my normal springtime all week.  I have work appointments this afternoon, so I'm crossing my fingers that I'm able to do what I need.

My father has gone into the hospital today.  He has an e-coli UTI infection and his heart rate has been down in the 30-40s.  They're doing a holter monitor in the hospital, and he's probably looking at a pacemaker.  He has a few other tests related to the infection as well.  My mother said it was a relief for him to go to the hospital and get all of these things taken care of, rather than trying to move around all the different doctors and appointments.  So, just waiting to hear on that stuff too.

Otherwise, SSDD.  I did talk to L and he had an explanation and said I didn't make him uncomfortable, so that was good.  Our offices next to each other, in a corner that has no other paralegals, just attorneys, and so we are basically each other's work BFF.  I didn't want things to be weird.
  • I know it’s not everyone’s favorite day but damn, peeps, it’s quiet in here!

They blocked non business realted websites at work :( I really only checked my gmail from work from time to time (if I had to print something out or look something up) so that’s the only thing sucking right now.  Otherwise I used my phone for surfing anyway.

My friends started a discussion on the Johnny Depp/Amber Heard trial. I really know nothing about it other than he’s suing her. So I got the take on their side (Team Depp). Anyone here team Heard?

@VarunaTT, hope it isn’t weird. GL to your Dad today!

• On the continuing saga of my rentals, we got one application in and are doing more showings today at 4PM.  My H has a "favorite" person he talked to and I have a different "favorite" person I chatted with, lol.  Neither were able to come yesterday or the morning showing we are having tomorrow, so my H created showing for this late afternoon that they can each come to.  Since then, we've also advertised the showing today to more people.

------------------------------------------

This was something weird that came up over the weekend.  A previous tenant called me and asked for a written reference letter.  I guess there is a house she is really interested in, but that owner wants a written reference.  I've never heard of that and, of all the things that would be so easy to fake, it would be a letter.  But, whatever.  That landlady can run her business how she wants to.

BUT, it kinda put me in an awkward place.  Because I would not recommend this tenant, lol.  She has anger management issues, was difficult to work with and didn't get along with the other tenants either.  I think she might be okay in a single, family house instead of a duplex.  It sounds like this is what it is.  And, at the same time, I wish her well.  We were actually fairly friendly with each other, until the last 2-3 months of her tenancy.  So I agreed to write it.

I'm not lying in the letter.  Though one could argue I'm lying by omission.  There are also a couple good things I can say about her, so I focused on those.

Here's an example.  She had trouble paying her rent by the second month.  But did move quickly to get a charity to help her.  For the next 16ish months she was my tenant, they were the ones who paid her rent.  So I can't even talk about if she was good about paying the rent or not, which is normally the kind of thing I say positive things about.

What I said instead is that she was current on her rent at move-out and returned the home in good condition.  I also added some fluffer sentences that stated the length of time she lived there and how much her rent was.

Someone reading it won't know this but, if she'd been a trouble-free tenant, I would have had 10x more words with specific glowing examples.

Do you know what I'm also curious about?  Why her current landlord isn't writing a reference letter ;).  At least I'm assuming they aren't, which is why she asked me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Still sick and still snowing although not hard. My cough is not getting any better so probably calling the doctor back. I’m dragging at work and still really behind. 

Baby M is back to daycare and scream/ cried when I dropped him off. So yah I’m doing great today. 
  • Fkn tired.
    BK woke up with a nightmare. Then I had a nightmare.
    M had to pee right away, so I went to get BK and we had overflow so I had to scoop her quickly downstairs. She is not a morning kid, so she was very thrown off.
    M gets out of bathroom as I'm stripping her down, so he grabbed the wipes so we could make sure no pee rash.

I basically passed her off to M and went to her room to take blankets off. Putting her pee mat under her sheets this time.
    M & I have been going back and forth about reasons, and M thinks it's possible we have to size up but BK hasn't peed in her night diaper in so long that we nearly gave it up!

Ah well ....

We have snow. That's apparently turning to rain.
    BK had a fundraiser today so I'm excited to see some photos from it. Idk if she's going today or tomorrow but it's a "Bunny Hop"
    Between my mum, MIL, M & I - we sent $300 that goes straight to the school
  • @VarunaTT, I'm sorry to hear about your dad!  I hope things go as well as can be expected and he's back home soon.  I'm glad to hear things are back in a normal, good place with L.

@CharmedPam, my work is pretty random in what they block and what they don't.  When I used to order my insulin from Canada, at first I could order it from work.  But then that website got blocked with the auto-message being because it was "related to drugs".  Not directed at me specifically.  All the Canadian pharmacies were suddenly blocked.  OMG, it's legal pharmaceutical drugs (eyeroll).

They allow Facebook, but not FB Messenger.  They block Yelp, which is annoying because people go out for lunch, so why can't I check reviews and hours.  They block Reddit.  I can understand that last one, lol.  But it's my go-to time waster when things are slow.  Plus, I prefer being on a computer instead of on my phone, when possible.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It's still cold here! Where is spring?

Kids are home all week.  Chiquita was supposed to have soccer practice but because it rained and flurried all night the fields are closed.  

DH feels awful and is working from home today in the basement.  He's tested once and is neg and will likely test again later.  I hope this is just a run of the mill cold and not Covid because we're supposed to go to my parents' on Sunday and meet my FBIL's mom and dad while there.  
  • @VarunaTT - sorry to hear about your dad, hope everything gets figured out.
    @CharmedPam - TK is still not blocked here but every once in awhile I get a big blocked screen for other sites.
    @charlotte989875 - I'm sorry your still not feeling well!  A tough daycare drop off doesn't help.
    @banana468 - hope you DH feels better soon.

I'm working today but in a funk or something.  I'm tired and having GI issues.  It's finally warmer and sunny today.  Hope I can work out this funk and feel better soon as we are going out of town this weekend for a wedding.  

• A funny story about me today:

There was a very attractive human running by an intersection I was stopped at today.  I did admire the view...all the way down the side of the road.  The car behind me had to honk, b/c I was admiring so hard I didn't notice the light turned green.

I'm a danged thirsty wench right now.  :blush:
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited April 2022
    @VarunaTT, ((hugs)) for you and dad.  I'm glad you had a good chat/resolution with L. 

@CharmedPam, I am pretty 'team no one' regarding the Heard/Depp trial.  It's a damn mess for sure.  Depp took the stand today.  My opinion, based on little information and trying to recall articles I read a few years ago (in the beforetimes, LOL), is that they had an incredibly toxic relationship and were both shitty people to one another. Do I think there was abuse?  Probably? Do I think it was one-sided?  Ehhh...not sure.   I also don't know if either one will have much of a career after all of this gets aired out.  The witness list is impressive, LOL. 

SSDD.  Pretty quiet around here.  It's still chilly, but at least it's sunny. 

We got our guest room almost all together.  It looks so good.  We still have wall hangings to put up.  We also need to get an end table a couple lamps that match, oh and curtains.  I'm hoping we can find the table and lamps via thrifting.  

I also reorganized my linen closet last night.  It's so functional now and no longer a shit show.  I found out that we literally have all the First Aid shit you could ever need.  I don't need to buy bandaids for another year or more. 
  • @banana468 fx it's a cold. We had a cold run our house recently. You'd swear it was covid but always negative.
  • @mrsconn23 I have no idea what to make of everything but listening to Depp’s take on his childhood was pretty sad. That’s all I’ve seen of the trial so far. 

• levioosa said:
    @mrsconn23 I have no idea what to make of everything but listening to Depp’s take on his childhood was pretty sad. That’s all I’ve seen of the trial so far. 
    I haven't been listening at all, but I can only think they're people who've likely had a ton of trauma.  I following a lawyer that does a lot of pop culture legal commentary and has a podcast (Emily D Baker).  I'm hoping her next episode will be about the start of the trial.  They said it's going to last up to 6 weeks.  That's mind-blowing 

• DH Is sleeping now.  He has a low fever (99.1) but was too tired to keep working.  

We'll have soup and bread for dinner and I hope he's on the mend soon.  At least the kids seem to be fine and are playing outside. 
  • I keep thinking it is Monday! Ugh! 

Had a nice lunch with friends to celebrate joint birthdays. Then we came back and drank Prosecco - I already have a headache and should know better! I also got my 2nd booster shot today in anticipation of our Italy trip next month. My arm is sore but hopefully that will be the only side effect I have. Sushi for dinner tonight because we are leaving for Pennsylvania in the morning and have limited food in the house. Trudging through laundry to get ready for the trip.

Hope y'all feel better soon at @charlotte989875 an@banana468 's H!

• Well, there goes our luck.  DH just tested positive on a rapid.
  • Noooooo @banana468! I’m so sorry
    @levioosa, I’m glad you saw a silver lining.  At least there’s that? GL on the job search

• Noooooo @banana468! I’m so sorry
    @levioosa, I’m glad you saw a silver lining.  At least there’s that? GL on the job search
    Thanks!  I'm saddest that this likely means we aren't seeing my parents or meeting my FBIL's mom and dad.  My brother was really excited and I'm sad to let him down but I am thinking it isn't fair to them if we spread it.  

Hopefully this means we are in the clear for Chiquito's first Communion Derby weekend.
  • Oh no @banana468 I'm so sorry to see that! Prayers that he feels better and quickly and that you are in the clear for first Communion! Hopefully you'll be able to see your brother and his future in laws not too far in the future. 
  • Oh no @banana468! How is he this morning?

Yay for BFF time @levioosa.  It does suck, but I'm glad your taking advantage of your time off to do something like that. 
  • @banana468, oh no!  I'm hope he's at least feeling okay.  But that extra sucks you all had important plans this weekend.  Maybe have a Zoom to at least say hi and vicariously be part of the day for a short while.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • He was still sleeping when I got out of the shower so I'll check on him soon.  

Symptoms are major sinus, slight cough and fatigue.  Those are also how he is in Spring.

My fingers are crossed that he rebounds quickly and we don't get it.  I felt bad having to call my uncle saying he was potentially exposed at Easter so I also hope that his (my uncle's) 2nd booster he received 3 weeks ago is helping.