Wedding Woes

Draft Day Thursday!

DH went to the NFL draft in 2018 and 2019 with our friend M (who's been a 'superfan' for years and was invited by the Colts). At the 2019 draft, an iconic pic of DH all decked out in his superfan gear was taken for a header piece in WaPo (I think?) about how the draft was ruining bachelorette parties in Nashville.  This week, our local Fox affiliate did a story about how a neighborhood in Indy known for the bar scene is having a block party for the draft and they used the pic again with the article.  It was fun to see it pop up.  

The air conditioning repair cost $$$, womp, womp.  But it's fixed and we can move on now.  

Yesterday was a nice day off.  I got a lot done and had a productive lunch with one of my best friends because I needed some info/advice from her.  I also found some fun presents for SIL/BFF's bday.  She's coming to town this weekend because she needs to help her grandma get ready to transition to assisted living here soon.  We're going to have a dinner date on Saturday night.  

Today is my friend A's bday.  I can't believe it's been almost 12 years since she's been gone.  Her mom and sister are arranging a zoom so we can all toast her tonight.  

Prudie day and we're almost to the weekend.  

Re: Draft Day Thursday!

• Ugh, I’m in a mood. I’m tired, baby woke up early, and daycare class is closed for another close contact Covid exposure. I’m pissed and tired. 

I’m in the office for the second day in the row and it just seems pointless. 
  • Today is my Friday, so yay! We're taking tomorrow off and spending the weekend at SIL's, which is nice because she lives at the beach. But of course I have way too much to do before I'm ready to leave and not enough time to do it. H's cousin is visiting the US from Japan and will fly here tonight and go with us to SIL. He hasn't seen cousin in 20+ years (I've never met her), so that should be fun. 
  • N was sent home early yesterday with a fever.  He's home with H today while i'm at work.  G was NOT happy that he had to go to school but N got to stay home - plus he woke up at 4:45.  Do those "ok to wake" type clocks actually work, btw? I'm mentally preparing myself for a hospital stay sometime in the next week, it's super hard to keep the boys apart completely and if G gets a fever, we have to be in for 48 hour observation.

I'm so over work.  One of us would for sure not be working right now if the US would get with fucking program and implement universal healthcare. 

• Casadena said:
    N was sent home early yesterday with a fever.  He's home with H today while i'm at work.  G was NOT happy that he had to go to school but N got to stay home - plus he woke up at 4:45.  Do those "ok to wake" type clocks actually work, btw? I'm mentally preparing myself for a hospital stay sometime in the next week, it's super hard to keep the boys apart completely and if G gets a fever, we have to be in for 48 hour observation.

I'm so over work.  One of us would for sure not be working right now if the US would get with fucking program and implement universal healthcare. 

DD uses a hatch for wake up, resting and sleep time for the twins. They have a color for each period. It works well from them (they are almost 4 years old).

• ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Ugh sending all the vibes @charlotte989875 and fingers crossed the boys don't share germs @Casadena although heaven knows it's impossible not to.  With you on wishing universal healthcare was a thing, it'd make a huge difference, and okay to wake clocks never worked in my house

DS's scouts meeting is outside at a nearby preserve tonight and I'm thrilled, considering the meetings are usually a bunch of 1st graders absolutely bouncing off the walls.  At least they'll burn some energy.  Sent the kids to school in their winter coats (by me it's not safe to put them away until mid-May) since it was 38 this morning and not going up too much.
  • ei34 said:
    Ugh sending all the vibes @charlotte989875 and fingers crossed the boys don't share germs @Casadena although heaven knows it's impossible not to.  With you on wishing universal healthcare was a thing, it'd make a huge difference, and okay to wake clocks never worked in my house

DS's scouts meeting is outside at a nearby preserve tonight and I'm thrilled, considering the meetings are usually a bunch of 1st graders absolutely bouncing off the walls.  At least they'll burn some energy.  Sent the kids to school in their winter coats (by me it's not safe to put them away until mid-May) since it was 38 this morning and not going up too much.
    Chiquito's Scouts meeting is outside tonight too.  The wind will not STOP.  It's a good thing I'm not going. 
  • I ended up going home early yesterday.  I could not breathe comfortably, so went home and did a few breathing treatments, which seemed to help.  I checked my inhaler this morning and the damn thing was expired, so I kind of feel like an idiot.  Threw a new one in my purse, so hopefully today is better.  Didn't do too much last night except read a book and then go to bed early.

Just working away, trying to keep things somewhat under control.  I have accepted that my job is a shitshow and I'll still work my best, but I am no longer stressing about it.  
  • I think I remember when your H went in 2019 @mrsconn23, Nashville? And he was annoyed with the bachelorette parties?

I’m wfh this morning and then heading to my boss’ retirement party this afternoon.  The admin and I got him his favorite bottle of wine, and stuffed a bunch of office snacks in the basket as an inside joke (we have snacks brought in for the staff, and he had his favorites and being the boss, you want to keep the stash plentiful to make him happy). So it should be a fun but long night since we’re heading to a bar open till 4 am after that.  We have a nice hotel room so I have to pack soon. I also get to do a mini facial before I go. I have to get on it!

• I think I remember when your H went in 2019 @mrsconn23, Nashville? And he was annoyed with the bachelorette parties?

He didn't GAF about the bachelorettes.  But apparently since Nashville is a massive destination for bachelorette weekends and there was loud bitching from them about all the fans who took over the city (and many dressed up in costume because the NFL totally encouraged it and gave the the most over the top get-ups a lot of camera time) that it became a national news story.  He heard a few complainers out and about when they went to bars and whatnot.  He was tickled as hell they used his pic for the story.  He was like, "They could have looked at a calendar for Nashville events."  LOL 
  • @Casadena, good luck on G not getting sick.

You reminded me of my own childhood angst on "how unfair".  When I was 4-5, my younger sister (L) was a baby.  I was little so, of course, I had an early bedtime.  But the BABY got to stay up later!  I remember complaining to my mom, "But I'm a big girl!  And she's a baby.  Why does she get to stay up later?"  My mom would explain that babies have different sleeping schedules and L also takes a lot of naps during the day.  Do I want to take a lot of naps during the day and stay up later also?  My response:

4 year-old me:  NO!  I don't want to take more naps during the day.  Okay then.
    48 year-old me:  YES!  Yes!  I would love to take more naps during the day and stay up later at night.

This is my Friday also.  Though not so much by choice, but because it would be too inconvenient to go to work tomorrow...

It is Jazz Fest time!  After a 2-year hiatus due to the pandemic.  So, for the city's economy and it's employees who work in tourism, I'm extremely happy about that.

But, for myself, who lives walking distance to the event...but only has street parking for my house...I hate it so, so much.  I feel like I'm on house arrest from Fri-Sun. for this weekend and next weekend.  Because, if I move my car, I'll have to park 1-2 miles away to get back to my house.

On Fridays, because I only work a half day anyway, I am choosing to use vacation time.  I could take the bus to work.  And would probably do that if I worked full day Fridays.  However, it adds about 30-45 minutes of commute time, each way.  Not so much because the bus ride itself takes longer than driving.  But because I have to choose the bus times that allow me to stay within my required work hours.  I have to get to work early and then stay late, for that to happen.

On the bright side, I can usually hear one of the stages from my porch.  So at least I can spend my 3-day weekend with music, adult beverages, and lovely spring days outside on the porch.   
    Wedding Countdown Ticker