Wedding Woes
Options

It’s Tuesday!

CharmedPamCharmedPam member
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
edited June 2022 in Wedding Woes
Well today is one of our optional days to work from home, and 5 of us came in.  I think most of us prefer the office.  Not the norm huh?
My weekend visit was good. Baptism went well. Four days with that group was definitely enough though, and I’m glad I’m back in the swing of things.  Nothing much to report!
Eta: wait.  I do have something to report. Lol.  Corporate asked for photos of us for a photo organization chart. So I told the admin yesterday that I’d give it to her today, with a fresh face on.  Took one with my work phone iphone 8 and personal one iphone11 I think? Holy difference in cameras batman.  Iphone 11 shows EVERYTHING.  No hiding nothing with that! The iphone 8 blurred my skin enough where I didn’t have to use a filter. Haha.  Sooooo maybe state of the art cameras are not a girl’s best friend past 40?

Re: It’s Tuesday!

• Options
    So we wanted a 2nd opinion of allergy stuff for BK - yes we know sesame still an issue but stuff her current allergist said is not on same page as ANYONE else.
    Anyways I'd gotten a call on May 20th, so I followed up today.
    Voicemail says appts are 4 months. Fuuuuckkkk

BUT I get a call and they have a cancellation on June 22nd!!

ANDPLUSALSO
    FDA Approved Pfizer for under 5 and Americans start soon, which means likely when BK has her 4yr appt in July we'll probably know more :) 
  • Options
    @CharmedPam there’s portrait modes on the iPhone that help with blurring effects. I personally am not great at using them, but I know people who take majestic selfies using them lol

Back at work, feeling a little more back to normal. I drugged myself again with all the things to sleep. So I managed to get 6.5 hours but I’m a little tired. Oh well, at least I slept. People keep trying to plan things on the weekend, and particularly on Sundays and I want to scream please stopppp. Driving down to the beach on a work night is stressful. Also SIL B wants a bougie birthday and I can’t afford to pay for my admission, plus hers and help our other SIL who would totally not be able to afford it without significant help. SIL A and I are putting our feet down. We’re not doing it. Ugh. Family dynamics. 

• Options
    Entirely side post

Who's watched Part 1 Stranger Things?

Who's watching Obi-Wan?
  • Options
    L and I are having a debate over whether or not various faiths have been supportive of the sciences historically.  It's fun matchings wits and knowledge with someone again b/c we both very much know our individual positions.  I've even argued him into a "okay, that is a true statement".  I don't suspect he's used to having to admit things like that. 

Also BFF is coming into town middle of July.  I'm actually going to have a small party with my nearest and dearest people.  L is invited and he's excited to meet all of my friends.  In the meantime, the little voice is my head is saying, JUST GIVE IT UP, STUPID MAN.  However, I think I'm doing well at not following a previous pattern and just enjoying his friendship and company, while not stressing about keeping a small bit of hope that we at least get to go out and find out if we're romantically compatible.

I'm struggling a bit right now and I don't really know why.  It's like I'm just flailing everywhere.  I need some focus in my life outside of work and just can't seem to find it.  I've always had an outside project to focus on and right now I have nothing at all.  I've been trying to reframe my thinking into **me** being my project, but...it's not really working.  I just feel unsettled.

Work seems to be simmering down a bit.  I think it's mostly b/c I've made it really clear that I want nothing to do with their nonsense and they need to leave me alone.  And they mostly do.  There were some additional changes to my caseload, but I approved them and I'm doing a lot more litigation, which is what I really like about my job, so that's actually a plus.  Dad seems to be doing okay with everything.  Mom seems alright too, so hopefully they can keep themselves in the best possible health. 
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2022
    @levioosa I always forget about that function on the phone. Always.  Good call! Glad you were able to get 6.5 hrs at least? I’m starting to wake up in the middle of the night, and work out to put me back to sleep.  Sleep has been so bad for me lately.

The wait for doctors is long here too @MissKittyDanger. I can’t remember if I booked in April or May but my general couldn’t get me in until September! I even called to make sure that was right.  Maybe they blocked some slots online but she told me I was right in that 6 months was her wait time.

stranger things: I started it, but my memory is shot and I can’t remember who is who so I lost interest in it.  This is why binge watching shows after they’re said and done is better for me.

my sister got covid.  She’s doing better now:  gave it to her H and daughter (7).  They’re all vaxxed.  So far my 9 yr old niece is testing negative.  My parents are on the way to Canada now and I made sure they won’t see them until they’re all negative because I go at the end of this month. 

• Options
    Entirely side post

Who's watching Obi-Wan?
    I'm watching Obi-Wan.  I'm not a fan of the Star Wars movies, but I've enjoyed a lot of the smaller series.  I loved Mandalorian and I'm really enjoying Obi-Wan.
  • Options
    VarunaTT said:
    Entirely side post

Who's watching Obi-Wan?
    I'm watching Obi-Wan.  I'm not a fan of the Star Wars movies, but I've enjoyed a lot of the smaller series.  I loved Mandalorian and I'm really enjoying Obi-Wan.
    I'm on ep 2 - but young Leia makes me so happy. Carrie Fisher would love her
  • Options
    @CharmedPam wow that's crazy! I'm honestly just glad we got both appts booked before school started - especially the allergy.
  • Options
    VarunaTT said:
    Entirely side post

Who's watching Obi-Wan?
    I'm on ep 2 - but young Leia makes me so happy. Carrie Fisher would love her
    I do too!  She's so precocious.  L and I watch it on Wednesdays at lunch and he was saying, "No 10 year old would speak that way."  I said, "That's the damn point!  and I love her!"  I really like the relationship they're developing between Ben and Leia as well.  It's just so genuine and delicate as they try and figure each other and themselves out.
  • Options
    G hasn't been feeling great since last night and just registered a fever so he and H are on the way to the ER.  I hope its nothing and he doesn't have to stay.  

N is jolly as ever.  

Nothing exciting to report really - glad the weather is nice this week. 

New BC is kicking my butt - I'm moody and tired - but my face is clearing up, so maybe it's a wash?  H is looking into vasectomy ASAP. 

Hope everyone has a good week. 
  • Options
    We have tickets to a concert tonight at a cool outdoor venue about 10 mins from our house. I've been wanting to see this band for a while and was so looking forward to it. And now of course it's going to rain tonight. I'm pretty sure this venue is rain or shine, so looks like I'll be wearing a poncho. Hopefully it won't be too chilly. 

I started Stranger Things S4, but fell asleep during the second episode. 
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger I don't think the vaccine is approved yet for kiddos under 5.  I keep looking for it but thus far it's been received and not approved.  It's still good that it's moving forward and we're early enough in the month so hopefully they approve and release it. 

Big meeting today today and I need to get laundry done so I can pack up Chiquita.  She has her overnight trip starting tomorrow.

We are going to watch Episode 6 of Stranger Things tonight if all goes well.  I've been hooked since we started it 4 years ago and love it.  
  • Options
    @banana468 I've been watching. Here's where I got info but not sure about date:
    {side note - there's a bunch of sites saying it now as oppose to earlier when only a couple}

Video COVID vaccine for kids under 5 could be available as soon as June 21 - ABC News (go.com)

Covid: Vaccinations for children under 5 due as early as June 21 (cnbc.com)
  • Options
    @VarunaTT she's a princess, of course she speaks better ;)  I like how this ties to Leia asking for Obi-Wan's help in ep 4

@ei34 right!? My dr sent the referral end of March. It's crazy. Tbh I get they're still backed up from covid - many places here adjusted appts for much longer than other places.
  • Options
    @charlotte989875, I didn't realize you all were going on vacation this week.  Hope you all are having fun and that it is a nice break from work.  Eat a cheesesteak for me, lol.

@Casadena, I hope G is okay.

My rant and frustration.  I know crime is up across the country.  And all cities struggle with their budgets.  But it has become "Lord of Flies"-esque craziness in NOLA.

We have a massive shortage of police.  Criminals rarely get caught and all they get is a slap on the wrist, when they are.   Pretty much no consequences for criminal activity.

There's a serial freeway shooter in the eastern part of town.  I don't think anyone has died...yet.  Not that the police or city will admit it's a serial shooter.  Hence why it hasn't made national news.

Car break-ins and, even worse, car jackings are rampant.  Even in daylight.  There have been two car jackings at almost the same place, just about half a mile from my work.  At our workplace, one of my coworkers has had his car broken into twice and his catalytic converter stolen, in a separate incident.  My workplace is not in a bad part of town and we also have security here.

Cars were broken into, in the parking lot of the sheriff's office.  The sheriff's office.  The criminals would have literally been looking at the two big buildings that house our city courts and the jail.

This weekend, there were a few incidents of people doing stunt shows with their cars/motorcycles/ATVs.  In public intersections, holding up traffic.  While a few dozen people watched only a few feet away.  Police cars that responded were attacked and drove away!  Maybe there was no back-up to be called but, damn.  So no one was arrested.

For this last one, the NOLA Chief of Police was "outraged" and gave a statement today about better enforcement for these stunt shows.  I LMAO.  They've been going on for years, though on a smaller scale.  Dude, you AND the mayor are ineffective, laughing stocks.

I can't move away from here fast enough but, unfortunately, that's not going to be very fast (heavy sigh).  But it is another reason I also want a WFH job, in the meantime.  At least it feels like my vehicles would be safer there, than where I work.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I've been running around getting errands done today. I got my hair done. I had it highlighted more than I ever have before (usually just do it once at the beginning of summer). I really like the new person I'm going to. She thinks my gray roots will show sooner because of the way she did it but didn't realize it until after all was done. She offered to greatly discount the service or have me come in to have the roots touched up for free. I chose the free touch up. I like the way it looks now so I will see how soon the roots are visible. I ordered the twins' birthday cakes, bought cards and wrapping stuff for DIL birthday present and got more plants to plant in the flower beds and pots. After I got home I finished loading linens back into the bathroom. I think everything is back in there. H still has some things to go through as far as deciding to pitch them or not. He has done a pretty good job so far.