Wedding Woes

Tuesday

I forced myself out of bed this morning to do my workout.  As much as I don't really want to end up with a CPAP mask, if this solves my sleeping issue, I'll take it.  That appointment is tomorrow.  I was answering the questionnaire.  When seeing my responses all grouped together, I was definitely thinking, Yeah, I have some sort of sleeping issue going on.

Otherwise, SSDD.  My body is still slowly recovering from BFF's visit.  My weight is back down to where it was and my..um...digestive system feels better.  I really feel like I'm in a good spot again, so I'm trying to slowly move on that, without ruining it.  I started Duolingo again, b/c I did enjoy it, but I quit Spanish. I have so many years of that language, it felt like work.  So, I'm doing Italian right now.  I tried doing Japanese, but it's rather hard on the app, so that might be a future thing.

Re: Tuesday

• Good job @VarunaTT!  It’s hard to get motivated but always good outcomes from working out. 

Lordy lordy I had another bad date last night.  He showed up so that was a bonus for me.  He wasn’t unattractive, but he did use older pics of himself on the app.  He was much more salt ‘n pepper than he portrayed.  He also said his height was 6’0, which I should always know is a lie, because I’m 5’11.8…. (Basically 6’0) and I was taller than him.  We got along so well in texting and a 2 hr phone call on Saturday! I thought it would have went well. But no, he talked about himself the entire night. Dumped his entire life story on me, including his failed marriage and other relationships (I don’t think that should be discussed on the first date, keep it light and fun) and just everything. If he wasn’t complaining about his ex, brother, or just women in general (did you know we’re all crazy?) - he was bragging about how smart he was and how he made good money and lived comfortly 🙄.  I was mum on my life when I released talking about myself would be a waste of opening up to someone.  We were basically ignored by the waiter when they realized we only would order an app and water… otherwise I would have ducked out earlier. 
    Guess I’ll be returning my tandum bike.  It’ll be just me, myself and I forever.  *sigh*

• Ugh I’m sorry @charmedpam

@charlotte989875

Work today. I have to email the new job and ask for an update. I haven’t heard anything in a week and my start date is supposed to be Monday. Cue panic. Otherwise work is a mess but what else is new. There is some family stuff going on but nothing really new. I definitely could have slept another hour or two. H finally applied to another job, which is a big step for him. We’re nervous about both of us potentially starting new jobs right in a recession but he’s miserable and his current work place is beyond toxic. Why can’t employers just be decent? 

• @CharmedPam I'm sorry for such a crappy date. At least he showed what an ass he is right away? 

I worked out for the first time last night in months. So glad I pushed myself to do it. Going to try to get at least another 3 days in this week. 

And in other news, our CFO quit today. He'd only been here 6 months. Totally messes up a number of projects I was working on so I'm frustrated. 
  • The turnover lately is HUGE.  In so many emails I'm seeing updates of "_ is no longer with the company" and we're not an exception.  We had issues in a facility and the GM was let go.  

I'm traveling Wed and Thurs and I'll feel better once I know flights are on time.  I need to pack later and figure out what I'm wearing that's business appropriate.  Denim cutoffs aren't going to make it! 
  • @VarunaTT, my worst trait is I lack motivation for things I don't want to do.  Like exercising.  So I'm proud of you for sticking it through!

@CharmedPam, sorry you've had a couple bad dates in a row.  Dating is definitely a numbers game to find someone great and compatible.

@levioosa, I hope you get in touch with your new job today and everything is fine.  Especially after what happened last time, I can understand why things feel extra tense.  Good luck to your H.  I hope he finds something better soon.  I don't know why employers and coworkers aren't always decent.  People in general, really.

Only 3 people came to our showing yesterday :(.  They all took applications, but no one turned one in.  But FB inquiries have at least picked up and I have higher hopes for our showings tomorrow.  We aren't having any today.

I got an e-mail from Section 8 last night that they are approving the full amount of rent I'm asking for the unit next door to the one we are showing.  I already spoke to my new tenant and she wants to move in on August 4th.  I got the updated lease to her case worker this morning.  It's nice to have that finally checked off and they didn't play games this time with the rental amount, but yeesh the whole thing took longer than it should have.

Other than that, a busy day at work.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It's really not motivation.  I want to get up and work out, I'm just so damn tired all the time.  If I go back to sleep, I go right back into deep sleep.  I'm just not getting enough b/c of the frequent wakeups (that I don't even know, my watch is tracking them).  I'll go to bed at like 8 and wake up at 7 and it's really only around 6-7 hours of sleep and very little deep sleep.  It just wears me out.  The big kicker for me was when I went to see Fifth Element.  I was so excited to see it back on the big screen and I was absolutely fighting going to sleep in the movie theatre.  The doctor was like, "That's not normal for your age, something else is going on."  Hopefully I'll get the help I need so that I can just get up and feel refreshed again, so it won't be such an issue.
  • In a great new exciting life development, it would seem I have developed plantar fasciitis. Ugh. 

• Ugh @levioosa.  I've dealt with that off and on.  It can help to freeze a water bottle and roll it under your foot for relief.  There's also those little spiky balls you can find at a sporting good store or the exercise section of any box retail store that you can roll under your foot to relieve the pain. 

Dad just texted that he and DefConn made it back to his house after their adventure.  Hoping to skedaddle early to go pick him up.  I've missed his sassy butt.  He sounded tired last night when he called.  I think he was a little homesick.  

SSDD otherwise.  School starts in 2 days.  I don't have a single supply for the kid.  We'll probably go pick up a few things tonight and then finish up this weekend.  It's not like they're gonna do jack the first two days except learn how to open lockers and get from class to class. He'll have some notebooks, folders, pens and pencils, and a binder.  He already got a homework folder and planner at registration. ;) 
  • Thanks everyone. I was actually thankful that he laid out all the red flags before I had a chance to find them. Lmao.

@levioosa, I had PF awhile ago. What helped me was special fitted inserts. It hurts SO much! Especially first thing in the morning.  Did you hear anything about the job yet?

@climbingsingle, @banana468, our company has people dropping like flies too. It’s mostly that people hate working in the office.  One of our salespeople contracted virtigo for 3 months and got covid 3 times already. She told another salesperson that she hates working from the office.  We know. She’s never around as is.

@Casadena, I’ll keep my eye out.  Maybe pick it up for when my parents come in town.  A quick meal we won’t have to go out for.

• Thanks everyone. I was actually thankful that he laid out all the red flags before I had a chance to find them. Lmao.
    That's the bittersweet, in life!  Whether it's relationships, jobs, or...in my case potential tenants, lol...it's always better to see the red flags early and not put yourself in a bad situation.

But then you're also disappointed things didn't work out and that there were red flags to find.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We got home last night about 9:00. Whew, long day!

@VarunaTT, I practice Italian on Duolingo. I've been thinking about trying Gaelic or Irish. I did French in high school/college but can't do that on Duolingo because it confuses me since Italian and French are so similar.

Good luck @levioosa! Hope you hear from the new place soon.