Wedding Woes
Options

It hurts, but that is your husband's friendship

My husband and I were best friends with another couple for years (my husband with the husband and me with the wife). The couple worked for the same company. My sister (who is single) started working at same company as the couple; soon afterward, my best friend started talking to me about my sister being “too close” to her husband. I defended my sister, as I knew she would never do anything disrespectful to my best friend’s marriage. I also cautioned my sister to give the couple space. She explained that it was a completely platonic friendship. I thought it was a non-issue, so I forgot about it. But then my best friend stopped talking to my sister and me. I tried to find out why and to talk to her, but she froze me out. Her husband gradually did same to my sister, but he is still best friends with my husband. I feel so sad anytime I hear them on the phone talking because I feel like my husband should be on my side and not talk to them if they won’t talk to me. I am not sure how to tell him that I feel like he’s being disloyal to me.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: It hurts, but that is your husband's friendship

• Options
    I don’t know enough to say anything.  Was BFF over reacting to the friendship? Or did she have right to cut them off? What happened?  

• Options
    Me personally, I think it's super sh***y to ghost a close friend with no explanation.  I know it can happen.  But then I'm also wondering if the close friend told the LW exactly why they were upset and the LW has chosen to ignore that part.

But the friend's H isn't necessarily a party to that and I can understand why the LW's H doesn't want to end his friendship.  I'm also wondering what has the friend's H told the LW's H about the situation.  Has the LW's H asked?  Or do they just avoid the topic entirely.  Which would be weird to me but, people can be weird.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    There’s some Grand Canyon size holes in this story. You got involved with a situation that didn’t concern you and now you’re completely out of the loop? Something else must have happened because this just seems weird.