Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Combined father/daughter and mother/son dance song

I am looking for a song that would be suitable to play while I dance with my father and my fh dances with his mother.  We aren't interested in the older, traditional songs or country songs.  I am completely lost and can't handle listening to another Louis Armstrong or Elton John song (no offense).  As of right now the only two songs that have sparked our interest Faith Hill's There you'll be or Christina Aguilera's I turned to you.  Both are kind of boring, but seem to fit our taste more that the traditional wedding songs.  I would appreciate all the help I can get.  Thanks

Re: Combined father/daughter and mother/son dance song

• chickenbut143chickenbut143 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just love Somewhere Under the Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole.  I'll be dancing to a shorter version of that w/ my uncle for my father/daughter.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I like the Faith Hill song :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker pregnancy calendar baby development
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_combined-fatherdaughter-motherson-dance-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:29Discussion:3af35cd3-157d-4797-b35e-6e7ae596d06dPost:9e5d00a4-39b7-4f66-bfd6-563f48de6ffb">Re: Combined father/daughter and mother/son dance song</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like the Faith Hill song :)
    Posted by mandctaft[/QUOTE]
    Agreed.
  • my wish by rascal flatts
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards