Destination Weddings Discussions

Welcome party for NOLA destination wedding

My son is getting married in NO in April. Room block at NO Marriott.  Would like to host a welcome party nearby (open bar and pizzas or flatbreads) for ~120 people for 90 minutes.  Kids will be here. Any suggestions/recommendations as to a place?  Again casual with kids. Thanks!

Re: Welcome party for NOLA destination wedding

• I live in NOLA.  About the only places that can accommodate a party that large near your hotel are some of the expensive restaurants...not the casual vibe or lower cost you are looking for...or the hotels.

The NO Marriott is a HUGE hotel that has floors of conference rooms in different sizes.  I'd look into renting one of their conference rooms for your welcome party.  I'm pretty sure they sell at least flatbread pizzas in one of their restaurants, though it has been a long time since I was last there.  Or, if they will let you bring in outside food for the party, there appear to be a few pizza places in the French Quarter that you all can either pick up from or they might deliver.  I've never eaten at any of them, so I can't give any recs.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker