DIY Wedding Forum
Options

How can I decorate my venue ceiling?

Hi all, I am getting married in October and wanted to decorate my ceiling for my reception venue. Unfortunately my venue isn't allowing ladders or any other type of steps or other things. I am trying to stay on the budget so hiring a professional wedding styling company isn't really an option. Anyone got any ideas or tips how I could decorate and hang anything from the ceiling? the venue is 4 meter tall, and no screws or nails are allowed. I had massive helium balloons in mind with greenery hanging down, unfortunately if the heating or air- con will be on, the balloons won't last as they would be right bellow the vents. Please help? x

Re: How can I decorate my venue ceiling?

• Options
    dysia16 said:
    Hi all, I am getting married in October and wanted to decorate my ceiling for my reception venue. Unfortunately my venue isn't allowing ladders or any other type of steps or other things. I am trying to stay on the budget so hiring a professional wedding styling company isn't really an option. Anyone got any ideas or tips how I could decorate and hang anything from the ceiling? the venue is 4 meter tall, and no screws or nails are allowed. I had massive helium balloons in mind with greenery hanging down, unfortunately if the heating or air- con will be on, the balloons won't last as they would be right bellow the vents. Please help? x

I have a question for you. What did the ceilings look like at the last 3 weddings you've attended? Honestly, this isn't something I'd spend time/money on, especially if you're trying to stay within a budget. 
  • Options
    People will appreciate an upgrade to the chairs, menu selections, cake/dessert, bar, dance favors (glow necklaces, bracelets, party "stuff"), etc. before they'll even think for a second about the venue's ceiling.  Save the money and get people's attention on the goings on of the wedding..  

(Even if I loved the weddings as a kid I went to that had the ceilings covered in helium balloons, the other reality right now is helium is at a premium and hard for many companies and businesses to source even if you did want it plus those with latex allergies will thank you for not having them!...)