Wedding Woes
Options

Fri-Yay

I'm am sooooo glad it's the end of the week.  I have stuff tonight and my buddy's pageant tomorrow, and it's race day! on Sunday.  Also, I'm practicing learning how to use the F1 fantasy league, b/c I thought since there's so many of us watching, it might be fun to do a league next season.  Bad news this morning, when 3/5 of my drivers are now at the back of the grid b/c of engine penalities, so I had to do some subsitutions.

Otherwise, kinda SSDD.  I've messed up so much stuff at work already, that I'm not touching anything I don't have to today.  

Re: Fri-Yay

• Options
    Remembering the 13 American service members needlessly killed in the Abbey Gate terror attack.  

• Options
    @VarunaTT , take the day off mentally if you can’t physically!  Have a great busy weekend.  

I forgot to rsvp “yes” for a boat ride and lunch set for tomorrow.  I asked a question about the lunch they provide for it on the meetup board, and was interested in going - but didnt put down a yes.. so I still get updates on the board on the events.  I know the organizer well, she could probably fit me in if tickets aren’t sold out, but a low key weekend actually sounds good.  Yesterday as a FUN game night meet up too.  I’m alll people’d out so tonight is hair and movie.  Alone. 

I got my trulicty pen(s) this morning since ozempic is still out of stock, but wasted an entire pen because I didn’t know how it worked and ejected it in mid air. Literally saw all the liquid squirt out like a fountain of water at my feet.  I hope ozempic comes in before I have to renew Trulicity (and I read that Trulicity is not as effective as ozempic).

• Options
    The cat peed in my bed this morning, so there's that.

But otherwise, yay for the end of the week! I'm kind of checking out too. I promised my manager that I would finish my annoying career reflection thing today, and then I'll probably spend the rest of the afternoon doing some boring required training and some overdue organizing. Lord help me if anyone sets anything on fire for the rest of the day. 

It's turning into a busier weekend than I'd hoped for, but not too bad. Yard and chores tomorrow, then hosting my family for dinner. Sunday we have a game in the afternoon. It's also the anniversary of my brother's passing, so we need to go by the crash site at some point. 

Would anyone like a cat? 
  • Options
    I got all my "must do's" at work done early today.  Which is great.  But now I'm flaking because I'm unmotivated and it is my half-day Friday.  I have a lot to do, lol.  But nothing that is "get done today" urgent.

My H texted me that he can finish our Costco weekly scan, so at least I can go straight home after work.  Though I do need to stop at the bank.

Other than that, it will be a pretty mellow weekend.  It's the last weekend of restaurant month, so hopefully we will go out to eat somewhere.  One of the problems is August is a very wet and rainy month.  However, most of the participating restaurants don't have parking lots, so you have to hoof it for at least a few blocks to get to them.  Which I don't mind at all when the weather is nice, but don't want to do when it's raining.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would like a cat, but Hubby would not.  

So happy it is Friday.  I'm looking forward to quiet week at work next week, and then I'm off to a cottage for a week.  Kayaking and hiking .... it will be amazing!

This weekend I have a work lunch which I am looking forward to, then I might hang out with my parents to burn some wood from my kitchen.  They were such well made cabinets that were in my kitchen before, and I wish someone could have reused them, but they were so good that they were impossible to take out except in pieces.  So, bonfire.

Sunday we are going to see friends in the evening that we haven't seen since their wedding last year.  It should be nice.

• Options
    Baby B and I are getting over Covid. 10/10 do not recommend. Looking forward to the garlic festival this seeking and getting ready for fall crops! 
  • Options
    Fri-YAY indeed. Had a very productive morning of booking our KY trip for November, therapy, online shopping, and running to the store.  I'm working for the afternoon. 

I have to work tomorrow and am on-call Sunday.  We need to get ready for next weekend's trip.  

Have a good weekend y'all.  :) 
  • Options
    We spent the whole day traveling and arrived at my cousin's for dinner. Traffic was horrible in a few places so we arrived a bit later than planned. They never cook (how do people live like that) so we went out to dinner. We are going to be here until Sunday morning. I don't know how I will handle all the eat out/carryout meals. Luckily I brought some yogurt with me so I can at least have that for breakfast instead of the carryout biscuits that he is going to go get. They do have coffee so there is that. 

I got a cortisone shot in my foot on Thursday and am wearing a boot. The doctor said I have severe plantar fasciitis so I need to baby the foot for a month. It already feels a ton better. I wore the boot all day in the car. I will see how I do if I walk on the beach once we get to the island. I'm going to be really bummed if I can't do my usual beach walking.
  • Options
    @ILoveBeachMusic I am not a doctor so take this as you want but several people in my life have had plantar fasciitis. They say that the best things they did were to walk barefoot on UNEVEN ground (like the beach) and to roll their foot on a tennis ball. From what they told me, there are a bunch of little tendons, facia, and muscles in our feet and the big one the one one will get inflamed (not sure that is the right word) when the other ones aren't being used. 
  • Options
    @ILoveBeachMusic I am not a doctor so take this as you want but several people in my life have had plantar fasciitis. They say that the best things they did were to walk barefoot on UNEVEN ground (like the beach) and to roll their foot on a tennis ball. From what they told me, there are a bunch of little tendons, facia, and muscles in our feet and the big one the one one will get inflamed (not sure that is the right word) when the other ones aren't being used. 
    Yes the tennis ball, racquet ball or golf ball thing is good. However, the doctor told me not to walk barefoot - maybe because the tendon is so inflamed. He did an ultrasound of my foot and the tendon is a 6.75 out 10mm thick. Under 3 is normal. I've also been wearing a boot (more immobilization). My foot is feeling much better after two days of rest. He wants me to rest it for a month! I  know that I can not not walk on the beach but I'll make sure I'm wearing supportive shoes when I do.

• Options
    Yes the tennis ball, racquet ball or golf ball thing is good. However, the doctor told me not to walk barefoot - maybe because the tendon is so inflamed. He did an ultrasound of my foot and the tendon is a 6.75 out 10mm thick. Under 3 is normal. I've also been wearing a boot (more immobilization). My foot is feeling much better after two days of rest. He wants me to rest it for a month! I  know that I can not not walk on the beach but I'll make sure I'm wearing supportive shoes when I do.