Wedding Woes
Options

Fri-yay

We made it.  Anyone have any fun plans for the long weekend? Just unpacking/organizing cleaning for me, but looking forward to it.  Hoping everyone's Friday goes quickly!

Re: Fri-yay

• Options
    I'm going to the beach. It's mostly just hanging with the ILs and it's probably going to rain all weekend, but it's the beach! 

I should be getting some work done so I can try to dip out at 3, but I have 0 motivation right now. 
  • Options
    @short+sassy do you know how to get proof of an address that I lived at for like 6 weeks 8 years ago?  Anyone else who knows please let meknow, just thought S+S might be in tune with this kind of thing!  I'm trying to claim unclaimed owed property and one of the checks i'm owed has that very temporary address of mine associated with it.  I have to show proof of address to get it and i have no idea how to get that!  

Mom and Dad are coming today and i'm excited about it!  

We've been needing to redo 2of 3 bathrooms fully and are updating the shower/tub in the other but have been putting it off due to $ and small children.  Well one of our toilets is finally crapping out (pun intended) rendering that bathroom 100% useless so we might be jump starting the project. Maybe will end up being good timing.  G will be back in school really soon and H isn't working yet so he can handle that stuff while he job searches?  not excited about hte $$ out the door at the moment, but oh well.  Has to happen sometime. 

What's everyone else doing for the holiday weekend?
  • Options
    It is the very wet and rainy time of year, so I'll be spending most of my time inside unfortunately.  Possibly day drinking mimosas with my neighbor for one of the days, lol.  I'm off work in about an hour.  I need to pick up prescriptions and stop at the bank.

I got a $1528 check in the mail yesterday.  Normally that would be a "wahoo", but it actually just makes me sad.  It's my unused insurance premium back from the insurance company that went bankrupt and forced me to buy a policy that is twice as much.  Meh.

But on the brighter side, I am really looking forward to having Monday off.  I desperately need it.  The last holiday, July 4th, was two months ago.  It's been too much of a holiday desert!  After I did my Costco scan gig last night, I stocked up on goodies for the long weekend.  They had some new items and brought back an old favorite, so I'm looking forward to digging into those this weekend.  The new items were Pork Schnitzel (just heat) and Dim Sum (two varieties in the same box).

My old favorite is a crab dip, which I actually have a sad/funny story about.  They had it during the holiday season last year.  But in January, as I was scanning the deli aisles for my gig, I noticed they only had one left and had taken the price tag down.  The store was almost empty.  I only had 30 more minutes until I'd be done with my scanning.  I tucked it a little behind another item figuring it would definitely be safe until I was done.  But by the time I went back to get it, it was gone!  Dang it!  Someone took my crab dip, smh.

So excited it's back, though I realize it's probably only for a few months.  For any of you who like crab and are near a Costco, this stuff is awesome.  I don't remember the company name, but it's the only one Costco has.  At least in my market.  It is chock full of good-sized pieces of crab, but is only $10 for a nice-sized container.  I think it's 16 oz.

For even more of a seafood yummy weekend, I also got lox.    
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Casadena said:
    @short+sassy do you know how to get proof of an address that I lived at for like 6 weeks 8 years ago?  Anyone else who knows please let meknow, just thought S+S might be in tune with this kind of thing!  I'm trying to claim unclaimed owed property and one of the checks i'm owed has that very temporary address of mine associated with it.  I have to show proof of address to get it and i have no idea how to get that!  

We've been needing to redo 2of 3 bathrooms fully and are updating the shower/tub in the other but have been putting it off due to $ and small children.  Well one of our toilets is finally crapping out (pun intended) rendering that bathroom 100% useless so we might be jump starting the project. Maybe will end up being good timing.  G will be back in school really soon and H isn't working yet so he can handle that stuff while he job searches?  not excited about hte $$ out the door at the moment, but oh well.  Has to happen sometime. 

So you have any old emailed utility bills? Or online shopping receipts?
  • Options
    Trying to survive the day and make it to the weekend. Yesterday was not a good day and I felt pretty bad about it. H and I got into a kerfuffle on Wednesday night and I think it bled into my day yesterday. I’m hoping today goes better. I have a meeting with all of my managers/boss (not a sudden meeting, supposed to be a welcome lunch with me) but it is giving me a lot of anxiety. 

I took Monday off. It’s H’s bday tomorrow so we are doing a staycation at home and going out for dinner tomorrow, then brunch at home with SIL A and her H on Sunday. I’m excited and ready for some days off. I’m trying so hard to finish my charting before I leave today so I can go into the weekend free and clear. Spending 20 hours charting the past two weekends before that was not the business. 

I hope everyone has a great holiday weekend! 

• Options
    Casadena said:

Not from that long ago unfortunately. 
  • Options
    Casadena said:
    Casadena said:

Did you order anything from Amazon?
  • Options
    Vacation starts now for me!  I'm going to start it early by sleeping over at my parent's farm tonight and then leaving tomorrow morning.  Hubby is pet sitting a friend's dog, and my dog is over the moon.  I wish we could have gotten a second dog, she is so happy.  But it's too hard to find a dog that doesn't kill rabbits.
    Have a good week all!

• Options
    Greetings from South Dakota.  I think?

plans have changed so much for me, but basically my brother wants mom & dad back in the area asap incase they need them, so I’ll be back Wednesday now.  I just shot my boss an email… um can I take my Friday back? I hate using PTO for nothing and I didn’t even think of it, but they’re going to take the baby from SIL as soon as possible so it should actually be born this month! I know it’ll be on NICU for awhile, but with #4 out, I’m sure I could use that PTO day to help out with the other 3 some day.

for some reason crab dip doesn’t entice me.  Now.  Crab cakes? Gimme. But I need them just mildly crabby tasting.  More like bread crumbs.  So bread.  Give me breadcakes :)

When I get back I need to go back on low carb :(

have fun re-organizing your home @ei34!
    @levioosa no one needs labor off more than you do, girl. Enjoy!

• Options
    Casadena said:
    Casadena said:

Did you order anything from Amazon?
    oooh maybe.  Good thinking, i'll check!
  • Options
    Casadena said:

How annoying!  Usually proof of address is considered a utility bill or a lease/mortgage, for that property.  But I realize you may not have had the utilities in your name or a lease, for such a short and temporary stay.

If you did have a utility in your name, you could contact that company and they could probably send you a copy of that bill.

If you were staying with a friend or family member, you all could write a short and simple "after the fact" lease or "cough" just create one yourself "cough".  You can find free templates online for one.  Or PM me when I'm back to work on Tuesday.  My leases aren't simple anymore, but they used to be and I think I have one of my old templates at the office. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hoping for a calm weekend. Hoping for a rain-free weekend is wishful thinking, unfortunately.

No special plans other than some creative writing and volunteer projects and working out, but that is just fine with me.

Have a good weekend everyone!
  • Options
    Today the weather was suppose to be terrible - rain all day, but it turned out great. It was overcast but we spent about 4 hours at the pool by the beach (perfect in my opinion) and it was overcast but not badly. It wasn't terribly hot or humid which is a miracle this time of year in SC.

DD and her family arrive tomorrow. The grand twins are excited to get here. We went out to dinner last night to our favorite place here. DS1 & 2 and DIL have never been there. It was so yummy even though $$. Totally worth it.

The weather is predicted to be rainy tomorrow but keeping my fingers crossed that it stays away.

Happy Labor Day y'all.