Wedding Woes
Options

Hump day?

Why is this week crawling?!  Kids and I all have counseling later but otherwise kinda SSDD, how's everyone else?

Re: Hump day?

• Options
    I was really hoping it was Prudie Day then remembered it’s still Wednesday. We ran out of coffee so I have to walk down the street because I’m dragging. I have a big meeting this afternoon I still need to prep for but other than that just a rainy dreary Wednesday that I wish was Thursday. 
  • Options
    I had a meeting this morning that i was super nervous about that just went ok.  I am glad I roped in my boss yesterday but also disappointed in myself because he tends to take over conversations unless I make a point to butt in and i didn't do it as much as should.  Just feeling like it makes me look like I don't know what I'm talking about!  It's more a me anxiety thing than an actual work thing I need to fix, but yikes, I hate that feeling. 

What I thought was horrible allergies might just be a cold.  I've been taking home COVID tests and they continue to be negative.  G is so stuffy too.  He woke us up the other night to tell us "my nose isn't working!!!" Both boys haven't been sleeping very well so H and I are both exhausted.  Very glad there are only 2 more workdays this week!  

• Options
    Pretty good!  I was happy to find out this morning that I've been approved to "WFH" for the travel days of my trip.  I was already dreading the 10-hour one way car rides.  But now I can at least have some productivity during them.  It will probably save me about 14-16 hours of vacation time.  That's a huge chunk!

On the not-so-bright side, I caught the company we hired for our soffit/car port work buying unauthorized items on MY Home Depot commercial card.  My husband would give it to him to buy materials for our job.

My husband and I were livid this morning.  But I told him to take some time, calm down, and play it cool.  We aren't going to say anything yet.  They are almost done with the job and I want it completed, before we do.  My final payment to him will include the pages from my statement...with his items highlighted and the calculation for sales tax...subtracted from my total.

The only thing I recognized were drinks and food.  There were two occasions where this guy bought SIX 8-packs of Powerade in one transaction.  That's about 45 bucks each time.  Other days where he bought one 8-pack of Powerade and sometimes food items like chips and beef jerky.  So far, it's about $120, so nothing too out of control.

However, my husband is going to go through it and make sure there aren't items being used for other jobs, because that is the kind of stuff that I wouldn't recognize.  I'm hoping the damage is limited to just the food and drink.

I mean, one drink here and there.  Or a big pack of water for $5.  That's the kind of stuff I wouldn't care about.  But treating me like I'm a frickin' Sam's Club!  Oh HELL no!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It thank god finally stopped raining. This week really is taking forever. Traffic was at least better today. 
  • Options
    Hope everyone begins to feel better soon @Casadena
  • Options
    I've been here, but my office days are always busy busy. 

The weekend was good. We had great family time. Four nights of camping did get a little long.  I'm still tired.  Plus, I love DH's family...but they get to be a lot after day 3 or so.  But his aunt came down from WI and she's a lot of fun.  She loves cards and games, so we played a lot of euchre games.  We spent a good part of the day on Saturday in the pond, floating and drinking beers, which is my favorite thing to do at the farm. 

SSDD mostly.  Working out the next month or so of plans and whatnot.  Of course, everything must be planned around football, LOL.  
  • Options
    The sun is out and yesterday I was at lunch with a friend. Today I am doing some freelance writing (it's interesting but slow-going) and job hunting. I overslept the last couple of mornings. I guess what's getting to me is the insecurity - just having to wait for someone to "get back to me." 

Looking forward to football season.
  • Options
    Just working away.  I had so many littl nit picky things to do that are so annoying right now.  Nothing to much to report.  I need to get to our little local cheap fabric store, but they keep the worst hours in the world.  9:30-5:30, but at least they're open on Saturday now. Nothing much else going on.
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger, happy birthday!

Take it from this ole' gal who is 13 years your senior.  Life just keeps getting better!

Weeellll.  Not everything in life keeps getting better, lol.  Looking at you energy levels, metabolism, and sags.

But, overall.  Better.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Happy birthday, @MissKittyDanger.

Nothing special today. The rain is back.
  • Options
    Happy Birthday @MissKittyDanger!  I don’t like breakfast for breakfast but at times, I’ll get a taste for breakfast for lunch/dinner. And I’ll 2nd @short+sassy.  I feel like I’ve grown into my own in my 40’s. Living my best life! 

• Options