Wedding Woes

TGIF

Phew, we made it.
Well, we're officially, legally separated.  Paperwork is complete and being sent to the courts...the divorce itself won't be finalized for another 6-12 months, but everything that stbxh and I had to do on our end is done.  
Working a homecoming event at my school tomorrow...don't really want to but it's an hourly rate I can't bring myself to turn down.  Plus I can bring my kids (there will be bounce houses, relay races for kids run by the track team, etc.).  Sunday holds a few FDNY memorials and family time with my parents.  I sound like a broken record but it's nice when 9/11 is on a weekend and the day can be treated the way it deserves to be.

@Casadena how's everyone feeling?  
Hoping everyone has something nice planned for the weekend!

Re: TGIF

• Yay, Eileen I'm so happy for you!

I'm still feeling crappy.  Going to get a COVID test this morning just in case.  I think it's just allergies turning into a sinus infection but feels like it's settling in my chest and it's never done that before.  So we'll see.  

I'm sure my IL's will be knocking our door down to visit sometime this weekend.  Not in the mood to hang out with them at all but dont' have the energy to say no (and maybe i'll get a nap).  
  • I don't really have anything planned.  As usual, lol.  We're leaving for Branson on Wednesday, so we'll get some packing done and I need to read more in the book I have for the workshop.

My H went over our Home Depot receipts and did find construction materials charged to it, that are not for our job.  So it wasn't just $100+ in Powerade and snacks that this garbage person was trying to steal from us.

Quite frankly, even for someone with no morals, the theft of a few hundred dollars still doesn't make sense.  Obviously he knows we own rentals.  It's not unusual for us to need a handyman and sometimes for large jobs, like this one was.  He could have potentially made thousands of dollars/year off of us with honest work.  But now he has lost that opportunity because we will never use him again.

But from what I've seen in life, there is a strong correlation between people with a poor character and people who can't see anything past "right now".
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @ei34 whew! Finally :)

@CharmedPam I've seen that. I debated on doing it with one of BK's so she has a halloween one ... but then I'm like "maybe I shouldn't" Lol!

We opted to keep BK home.
    Idk if it's allergies hit hard or beginning of a cold, but figured extra rest wouldn't hurt.

M has an afternoon football game with SFIL tomorrow, so I'm doing groceries. I may bake with BK this weekend.

M lost my sunglasses over the weekend and I was gonna say fk it and just not have some, but driving this morning without is just awful :( I'll pick up cheap ones this weekend.
  • IDK what I've done to myself, but I was violently ill all day yesterday and am just now able to get food and liquids to stay down (so far, it doesn't feel totally secure).  Apparently there's a bug going around that I just got slapped around with.  I just want to be home and in bed, but I can't keep having unpaid days off.  I'm also just emotionally exhausted at this point.

Tomorrow I'm hitting up the cheapo fabric store to see if they have any fabric I can use for 2 new dresses.  It's kind of a shot in the dark, b/c this place is really more well known for quilting and upholstery fabrics, but it's always worth a look.  I'm having lunch with my mom on Sunday at the place we're having dad's memorial so she can take a look around.  Nothing much else planned.
  • @ei34, that's fantastic news! I'm so happy for you!

Nothing much for us this weekend. I'm hoping to get caught up on sleep and get some stuff done around the house. Tonight we're going to this wine bar thing for a date night because it's been a while. Tomorrow a hike if the weather cooperates and then a game at night. Sunday I'm hosting book club 2.0. Of course, I'm only halfway through the book, so that's my other objective for tomorrow. I'm supposed to have lunch with my flakey friend in an hour at this veg-curious tree hugger place. I'm staring at the menu and hoping my friend doesn't have to bail because this soup sounds so good.
  • YAY @ei34!!  This has to be such a relief. 

I'm looking forward to the weekend.  It should be a good mix of stuff to do and downtime.  I have a nail appt this afternoon and then we're going to the HS football game tonight.  Tomorrow, we're running around and then cleaning house.  I think we're going to try to re-key our whole house because we have locks that don't match the keys we have, so it's time.  Sunday is football all day long.  Snacks on snacks on snacks are on the menu.  Woot! 
  • @ei34 whew! Finally :)

@CharmedPam I've seen that. I debated on doing it with one of BK's so she has a halloween one ... but then I'm like "maybe I shouldn't" Lol!
    No.  You always SHOULD! 

• @Casadena, I'm sorry to hear you're still feeling bad.  I hope you and @VarunaTT feel better soon.

I'm really pissed at some rando named Sharon.  Apparently she used my phone number to sign up for God knows what.  Which means it's going to be sold exponential times. 

I've had four wrong phone numbers over the last two hours looking for her.  I didn't catch two of them.  One of them didn't sound like a company at all, but the second one did.  I also got three spam text messages this morning that were "thanking me" for signing up.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ugh feel better @VarunaTT, sending healthy vibes
    The dollhouse project is so neat @CharmedPam, you have the coolest hobbies
    @short+sassy meant to comment on the contractor the other day, your post today reminded me.  I can't imagine shooting yourself in the foot like he has!
  • I’m so happy for you @ei34. You deserve all of the rest and peace. 

I hope you feel better soon! @VarunaTT and @Casadena

that gothic dollhouse is awesome! @CharmedPam

I’m here and I’ve been lurking as much as possible. I’m still working crazy hours. Today wasn’t too bad but I am very behind on charts which stresses me out. Found out around 3 pm that my patient from this morning (who did not have COVID symptoms and who I sent to the ED for a completely different issue) came back positive when they swabbed them at admission. I was wearing a mask and was mostly at least 4-5 feet away but I did have to get up close and personal for an exam. So fingers crossed I stay negative.  Ugh. 

Otherwise just trying to keep my head above water. I hope everyone has a great weekend! 

• @ei34 I am glad to hear that.

Today is my birthday so I went to dinner with my dad and had a quiet celebration.
  • Happy birthday @jen4948! Sounds like a nice way to spend it.
    @levioosa keeping my fingers crossed

• Thinking of you @ei34, your family & community, and other NYC knotties today. 
  • Thank you @charlotte989875
    Happy belated birthday @jen4984