Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Tarnish on costume jelweryI am attaching a photo. The dress isn’t yellow my lights are…

Hey ladies! My husband and I are finally replanning are canceled 2020 wedding. The new date is for 2024. I’m a little stressed out because I bought my dress of the sample sale I’ve had it since 2019. I didn’t notice until sometime last year but the jewelry looks tarnished. It’s definitely sewn on it’s not glued on so at least that part is good. I had the dress professionally cleaned and preserved and they said that they were going to get the tarnish out but they clearly didn’t. Does anyone have any suggestions? Can I even sell a dress that looks like this? Maybe somebody out there doesn’t give a sh— about tarnish? Am I being too picky? I’m ready to just say f—- it and buy a new dress. I am attaching a photo. The dress isn’t yellow my lights are…

Re: Tarnish on costume jelweryI am attaching a photo. The dress isn’t yellow my lights are…

• Options
    That doesn't look like tarnish, it looks like the shine on the "crystals" came off in the cleaning process (not necessarily the fault of the cleaners as it is likely the cheapness of the material used in the beading)...  

Take a picture of the dress from 12-30 feet away and ask if you legitimately notice this if you were looking at it not knowing what to look for.  If yes, and you don't like it, you have your answer, if no, you also have your answer..  Would someone purchase the dress second-hand at the right price-point on consignment or Ebay!  Likely yes...  FWIW - time would likely do this also to the beadwork by itself, there's really not much a cleaners can do about it...