Wedding 911

How close is too close?

My fiancé and I got engaged in March of this year, and where we currently live has limitations on venues due to seasonal weather. My fiancé's sister got engaged in May and will have her second wedding. My FSIL decided to book their venue before us and is planning a wedding in June of 2023. Leaving us with 1 option for a wedding in June, and 1 option in May. We want to get married as soon as possible and that leaves us with one weekend in the month of May. My fiancé sees no problem since it is 2-weeks before, he has also expressed this is our first and only wedding, and she's going on her second. Would it be rude of us to plan our wedding 2 weeks before hers? How close is too close? Do you think she would be upset?

Re: How close is too close?

• My fiancé and I got engaged in March of this year, and where we currently live has limitations on venues due to seasonal weather. My fiancé's sister got engaged in May and will have her second wedding. My FSIL decided to book their venue before us and is planning a wedding in June of 2023. Leaving us with 1 option for a wedding in June, and 1 option in May. We want to get married as soon as possible and that leaves us with one weekend in the month of May. My fiancé sees no problem since it is 2-weeks before, he has also expressed this is our first and only wedding, and she's going on her second. Would it be rude of us to plan our wedding 2 weeks before hers? How close is too close? Do you think she would be upset?
    It doesn’t matter when they got engaged, they get to plan their wedding for whenever works best and so do you. It doesn’t matter if it’s her first wedding or tenth. 

Does the date in May work for all of you closest family & friends? The ones you wouldn’t want to get married without? If so, get married! If it doesn’t then find another date. If he is close with his parents I would suggest checking with them. If they have to travel, if two weddings so close is too much for them that would be a deal breaker on the date for me. Are there earlier options in March or April if May doesn’t work?