Wedding Woes

Thursday, I think

Legit have lost track of the days. But I think we’re almost to the end of the week. 

And a little hilarity for anyone having a tough time- we got our daycare pictures back. These are the proofs. We’re clearly buying them all. 

Re: Thursday, I think

• Awww hahahah! These pictures! I'm cracking up. Definitely framers..lol. 

SSDD here. Have started packing for the weekend (we're leaving Sunday). Weather up there will be a little chilly and I just cannot figure out which coats/jackets to pack. 
  • OMG @charlotte989875, those are so funny.  

My allergy shot is kicking my butt this week.  Honestly, this is why I usually get the shots on Friday, so I have Saturday to recover, but I just couldn't make that fly this week.  Checking on mom, but she didn't have any symptoms after 2 hours, so I think she'l okay.  She fussed about going to a store to get it, but honestly, I think not being at the doctor's office kept her from getting so worked up.

Otherwise, SSDD.
  • Bottom right absolutely says "He WILL find out if you've been naughty or  nice!" 

• Oh Charlotte! Those pictures are awesome!
    Congratulations @ei34 I hope he uses those 8 weeks earnestly.

SSDD here. I am in kind of a funk and things are annoying me. Then DH posted in the moms and sisters group chat about us moving home, knowing that I hadn't told my mom yet and was having trouble finding the words. We got into a big fight about that and I am still mad. Looking forward to tomorrow so hopefully I can zone out and get some school work done.

Bragging: I got today's wordle on my first guess. 
  • @ei34 that is great news. 
  • BK's photos are the 18th. They were supposed to be next week but idk, things got changed.
    That being said, BK is feeling better. She's going to IL's today and sleeping over. M has to be in office tomorrow and I obv work.
    My mum booked off the next p.a day to take her also.

M has a work dinner thing tonight also, so I'm ordering sushi, doing a face mask and organizing before a shower lol
    Things I cannot do with BK right there.
  • I picked up a mystery shop dinner for tomorrow at one of our favorite restaurants.  Yeah!

It's a "test" shop because the MS company is trying to pick up this client.  I mystery shopped this restaurant for years with a different company.  But COVID changed that and this is the first MS shop I've seen for them in over 2 years.

It's a small local chain and they used to have two different restaurant themes under them.  During the pandemic, they closed all the locations for one of the themes.  Though I think it was in trouble before that.  And closed one of the locations for the theme they still have.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Popped in after lurking ... life is busy.  Those photos are hilarious @charlotte989875!  Definitely keepers.

I got my kitchen countertops finally!  I am absurdly excited.  Tomorrow (or today if he can swing it) my contractor will hook up my kitchen sink, and the rest is just fancy stuff that isn't functional, like the backsplash and the trim.  I have a kitchen again after almost two months!

• So cute!! And hilarious. He's such a doll. 

Meetings all day today and tomorrow.  Also trying to get my team in good shape since I'm out next week.  

Prudie coming up. :) 

• How funny @charlotte989875

Last night was busy at work. I got home and worked more until midnight so I’m being sluggish this morning. I go back to work in about an hour. 

My grandfather had his biopsy today. Mom is texting me upset because his crusty needing to retire current urologist told him his treatments are pointless and he should just lose the bladder. They’re not and this is why we’ve been trying to get him to go to a urologist at the cancer speciality center, not the local community hospital. And why would you tell someone that right before you put them under for a procedure? It’s all annoying and it’s going to spin out my grandfather who has already been anxious and scared about all of this. Ugh. 

Otherwise SSDD. 

• Well I’m ready for this year of bad luck to end. My mom called me right as I was walking into work and told me Dad was having a stroke. So I’m in the ER now with him. This year is just, ugh. 

• I have my flu shot tomorrow afternoon. I hope it doesn't affect me like my covid booster did. I'm still tired in the afternoons even if I sleep soundly at night. 

Tomorrow night we are going out to dinner with friends then coming back here for dessert. Soooo tomorrow I'm cleaning the first floor and making dessert.

Only four more sleeps until we get our puppy. It has been a long time coming - he is small so breeder wanted to keep him a little longer. I'm so excited.
  • @levioosa I'm so sorry.   Obviously you're going to ask all the right questions and I hope they can treat him quickly.  

So many hugs to you and I hope your dad is getting the care he urgently needs.   
  • Things just never seem to slow down for you @levioosa! I really hope your Dad is doing okay tonight! 
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2022
    Hugs (((((@levioosa))) how is everything now? It’s just not your year :(
    @ei34 nice going!
    @charlotte989875 I love them! Especially top left. So much uncertainty
    @kerbohl you did a fantastic job!
    @ILoveBeachMusic exciting stuff!

Yesterday was SO busy for me. But I left work and went to a kindness gala.  It was also to support breast cancer awarness and called a “pink party” and I focused on the pink (with a pink top) and not the gala part… so I was drastically underdressed and felt out of it.  Some others were casual like me, but not many.
    i purchased a lot of raffle tickets and placed them all in one bag which really didn’t have many other tickets in there (like, a lot if tickets - I think 60ish) and I was shocked when I didn’t win! Oh well. Better luck next year. 

• @levioosa, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad!  I hope he is doing okay.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @levioosa So sorry about your dad! I hope he's OK. 
  • Oh @levioosa I am so sorry about your dad.  Sending love and hugs and good vibes to you all.