Wedding Woes

Monday

I had a hellish week last week.  My ear pain flared up again, along with a lot of other symptoms on Friday.  I just called an audible and stayed home.  I even stayed IN my bed, which is unusual, b/c I'll move to the couch most of the time.  I had 2 quilts folded up on me to warm.  I found out the cat that I loved and left with exDH passed on Friday, as well as another theatre mentor.  To say my emotional regulation completely failed is an understatement.  I ended up lashing out at someone that...well, it was low-hanging fruit, I was angry, and I did it.  It wasn't my finest moment; it was a weak moment. I've put things in place to keep that particular thing from happening again, at least.  Slept most of the weekend.

My left ear is aching today and there's actually so much pressure that it's interfering with hearing.  It doesn't actually hurt worse though.  I'm monitoring it, keeping hydrated, using saline solution, all teh stuff I'm supposed to do.  It would be GREAT if the damn mold count would go down.  Otherwise, nothing much new.  I built my new entertainment system last night and had a meltdown when I realized I was using the tools my dad gave me when I moved out by myself.  But it's built and I still like it.  Waiting on a new computer to come in so that I can start gaming with friends again.  I need something that is just FUN, isn't something I can turn into me "producing" a product (which is what happened with my paper sculputures), and doesn't involve alcohol.  It's hard to look at yourself at 45 and realize that you don't know how to have fun.

Re: Monday

• Oh man @VarunaTT that sounds absolutely awful. Hope you start to feel better soon.

Our weekend was good. Saturday we went to a pool brunch with our friends and stayed for over 7 hours. It was such fun. Sunday we lounged around and did some tidying up. At 2:30am DS woke us up crying. He'd peed the bed and was burning up. I changed his sheets, gave him some adol, and he passed right back out. But I had to be up at 5 for my class. I let him sleep in because I knew I was going to keep him home today. He was fine all day but the fell asleep while I was cooking dinner and had a low fever again (37.4). So we will see what happens in the morning. His birthday is on Thursday and he was hospitalized this time last year almost to the day. 

Wednesday we have an appointment a relocation company to get a quote on shipping. *Sigh*
  • @VarunaTT, I hope your ears are feeling better soon also.  I'm sorry to hear about your cat!

@missJeanLouise, I hope DS is feeling great by tomorrow.  Does your H's company pay for some of the move back?  I realize he's being laid off, but that seems like the kind of thing companies do when they have people working overseas.

I had my mystery shop on Friday.  I went overbudget, so $20 is coming out of my own pocket.  I was also kind of rubbed the wrong way by the editor.  It's an extremely long report and she kept asking me questions that I already answered in it.  I had also written at least twice what was required.  It was an extremely thorough report.  She also complained about a couple of the pictures I provided.

The food was good, as it always is, but the requirements were more detailed than average.  We were required to arrive no more than 30 minutes before they closed (which I didn't realize until I got there), so we felt rushed.  I put so much work and effort into completing this shop well, but then was criticized for minor/nothing stuff.

The rest of the weekend was pretty relaxed.  I made a "fancy" breakfast sandwich.  A crepe wrap with scrambled eggs and avocado.  I think next time I will add some hollendaise sauce and really amp up the rich texture.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @short+sassy they pay repatriation for us but not our stuff. We won't be bringing a lot, but more than fit in suitcases 
  • @short+sassy they pay repatriation for us but not our stuff. We won't be bringing a lot, but more than fit in suitcases 
    I've never worked overseas so maybe that is normal, but it sounds crappy.  I feel like they should pay for shipping stuff, up to a certain dollar amount and/or weight.

I know private companies are very, very different from the US military.  But the military goes all out for soldiers when it comes to moving.  They'll move every single thing, including a car, for no charge.  Before I met him, my H was in the Army for a few years right after he graduated from HS.  He was stationed in Germany for about 6 months.

Some of his buddies bought a BMW or Mercedes while they were there and had that car shipped back when they went back to the US.  At the time, German vehicles were cheaper in that country than they were in the States.   
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It's like a ghost town in here!  Everybody else must have the day off from work, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I kind of called off work today/work told me they had coverage and I could stay off today if I needed too. So I took today off and I’m at the hospital. I am exhausted. I’m not sleeping well and last night I woke up nauseous and I threw up and I’m still a little nauseous today. I’ve spent a ton of money this weekend between transport, clothing, gas, food, and helping my mom with things. I’m a little stressed about money and I don’t feel ready to even go back to work tomorrow but I don’t have a choice. I really should have gone today too. Dad is about the same. Still next to no movement on the left side. He needs to get physical therapy as soon as possible and it’s not happening here. 

I’m so sorry about your losses @VarunaTT

• @levioosa, I'm sorry to hear there still hasn't been much movement on his left side.  I hope he is able to get into PT soon and that it will help improve things.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2022
    @VarunaTT your weekend and day sound awful! So sorry about it all.
    @short+sassy I liked mystery shops but you have to be a certain kind of writer ro fullfill the requirements and after a few, I realized I wasn’t! Kudos to you for sticking with it. 
    @levioosa, take good care of yourself while you take care of your family!

I took today off. Our meetup group went to a county fair a few hours away.  We had the perfect fall days and somw great memories were made. But I woke up early because it’s baby day!!! SIL has been induced for hours already and I’m anxious about it all.

• @VarunaTT your weekend and day sound awful! So sorry about it all.
    @short+sassy I liked mystery shops but you have to be a certain kind of writer ro fullfill the requirements and after a few, I realized I wasn’t! Kudos to you for sticking with it. 
    @levioosa, take good care of yourself while you take care of your family!

I took today off. Our meetup group went to a county fair a few hours away.  We had the perfect fall days and somw great memories were made. But I woke up early because it’s baby day!!! SIL has been induced for hours already and I’m anxious about it all.
    (almost) Congrats to your SIL and brother!  That's exciting.

I have greatly waned off over the years from mystery shopping.  I used to do so much more.  But as I started progressing in my career and making more money, my time became more precious and most shops aren't worth it to me.  I almost never complete restaurant shops on the weekend, because I like using my breaks the next day at work to write most of the report.  But this particular shop was super specific on the date and time you had to go, I really like this restaurant, so I did it anyway.  That was a mistake, lol.  No more shops where I have to write a long report on a day off. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited October 2022
    @short+sassy some contracts do but not ours. As millennials, it seems like we are always on the downside of the wave of prosperity. Costs have been cut everywhere. In the 80s and 90s, paychecks where huge. You would get huge allowances for housing, school fees, cars, and a driver. And they would pay to ship your stuff around, but not anymore. We have known this since the beginning though and purposefully have not bought a lot of furniture we want to bring with us.
  • Jen4948 said:
    So sorry @VarunaTT.

@missJeanLouise I hope DS is better soon.

@levioosa I hope your Dad recovers use of his left side.

Just hoping everyone has a better week than last.

I had a mixed week. Two job offers (yay!) and a car accident (boo)! Nobody hurt, car still drivable, but damage that required me to file an insurance claim today (bleh). I have a $1k deductible.
    Congrats on the job offers!  I hope the next job for you is a keeper and you have more job security with it.

Sorry to hear about the car accident.  At least it's still drivable and no one was hurt, but it's always upsetting.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker