Wedding Woes
Options

Tuesday

I can't believe how much I'm enjoying waking up and getting out of bed, now that I'm not going to that toxic work environment.  Things are going pretty well right now; I'd like to find the energy to start working out again, but I'm not pushing right now.  I'm so excited to start the new job; I timed it and it was a 4 minute drive to/from my place.  It's a little bit of a annoyance in the morning because I have to deal with one way roads, so basically I have to drive past it to get to it, but I think there should be some back roads I don't know about that would help with that.

In, I don't have a job, problems: my game has a patch coming through this morning, which means I won't be able to play for an hour or so.  THE HORROR.  F1 is finished until March 2023.  I think I'm going to watch some old seasons and the tech show on the streaming service is really cool, so I'll keep learning about the sport.  Just waiting for the next 2 books of a sci-fi series I started to come in from the library.  I have a project to read all of the Hugo Award winners and I just finished "The 3 Body Problem" by Cixin Liu.  It was really good and I truly enjoyed reading it, which surprised me b/c I would called it very hard core technical sci-fi.  

One of my mental health battles is that I am a big time disassociator.  It's a hard thing to fight against, b/c of the nature of the beast.  Plus, as a coping mechanism, it's really good at it's job.  One of my favorite online therapists just called the mechanism "brilliant" and that you have to acknowledge that it is, before you can even start dismantling the habit.  After finding out about the mass shooting at another queer club in Colorado, I was well into disassociating about it and just kinda not dealing with my feelings about it.  Then, the account for Pulse Orlando posted about it.  I completely broke down in tears, sadness, anger, and loads of other emotions I'm not sure I have the words for.  Pulse happened in my first year of running Pride for my small city, a week before the festival.  We had our Pride drag pageant the night after.  I have a picture I got that Monday morning, purely b/c of where I live and by accident: the city workers were on our square to pull the flags down to half mast, while the banners for the festival were being put up.  I came under a lot of pressure to cancel, I had to sit through a meeting with lots of city, police, and FBI representatives, the city pulled the approved permit and I didn't get it back until Thursday at 6 pm (tents were coming in that Friday morning, so I had to have a conversation about "what are the fines for setting up on the city square w/out a permit), the emails I got from people offering security and their own guns, creating a security plan with guarded lists of volunteer information and a safe space to run to (another caveat is not every volunteer is out to their family, so we had to be careful about who was called or how the person was identified in an emergency)...I had forgotten how absolutely hellish that week was. 

My BFF, who is a queer person and a pastor, called me to tell me that he had been asked to speak at a vigil and how quickly that had happened (it was the day after the night of the shooting).  I just said, "We've gotten so very good at vigils".  We were both stunned at how truly callous me saying that seemed.  And all of this **waving around at previous paragraphs** is me as a grown ass adult with access to therapy, decent mental health, maturity, and emotional regulation, and how hard it is for me.  And this society asks children to deal with it, all the time.  It was too much yesterday, but I tried to ride it out as best I could.

Re: Tuesday

• Options
    So sorry these feeling are coming back @VarunaTT. But I think you and your therapist are right that it’s great that you acknowledge the dissassociation so your better equipped to handle it.

Ugh! Pictures were taken this weekend and I not only know I’ve gained wait, now I can see it.  Plus, I hate my fat face.  I’m seriously thinking of pcdc on the sides of my face since the double chin proccdure worked well. Yup, probably gonna do that.  I see all my friends post about the gyms they’re going to and it gives me the urge to join one.
    Nooooo Pam, don’t.  You know you don’t follow through! I’m off today. Long day.  Shopping, lunch & then heading over to my brothers to play with the kids!

• Options
    Did I make this too sad?  Sorry, I am in a good place, other people can comment about their Tuesdays!!!

Oops I Did It Again GIFs  Tenor
  • Options
    BK had a shot of independence today.

Regularly, we let BK chose her outfit night before and I bring it downstairs so she can eat then get dressed. Never been issue. If we have more time - like weekends etc - she gets dressed in her room.

Mornings I get up, feed Penny and pack BK's lunch then go up and make sure M is up and get dressed.
    Today M apparently took a couple mins too long, and when he's going to get BK up she's already emptying her potty {she won't leave her room at night} and goes back to her room, closes door.
    She then picks a NEW outfit, makes her bed and gets dressed.
    Like wtf lol

M & I decided we're just going to keep picking outfit night before and leave it in her room. It's no big issue if I have to grab it on my way downstairs but it also shows BK her options for the day.

We have parent-teacher interviews this week and there's a scholastic book fair at same time. I know M is briefly out of work, but I think he'll agree to coming ;)
    They also have a food drive and I've got 2 cans of stuff, but I'll probably grab a few things that have sat in our pantry for awhile to donate.
    This time of year I often try to grab stuff on sale I know we won't eat to add to food donation but I haven't been able to recently.
  • Options
    Today is my Friday, so yay! I'm just ready for the break. BIL and SIL get in tonight, so I'm looking forward to hanging out with them. Otherwise, it's a pretty uneventful day. 
  • Options
    Today has been a day. Huge meeting that went really well but I’m exhausted. I’m off for the rest of the week so I just need to get through the next 1.5 hours! 
  • Options
    @VarunaTT, Your new commute is so convenient!  I'm glad you're enjoying the week off.  Yesterday was a hard day.  It's hard not to be bitter when some people actually say with a straight face that banning assault rifles violates rights.

I left work early yesterday and got my flu and COVID bivalent shot.  I go to Winn Dixie (grocery store) for my vaccines.  I had forgotten a few things for Thanksgiving so it was great to kill two birds with one stone.  Plus, they give a $10 coupon for each shot, so I got $20 off my food purchase.

The flu shot was slightly uncomfortable, like it usually is.  But OMG, the COVID shot HURT.  I don't remember them being that painful, lol.  It also wiped me out.  I went to bed pretty early last night.

My arm is sore today which is to be expected and I also feel a little achy.  But since my annual sick time is use it or lose it, it seemed like a good excuse to take the day off work.  So I've been having a lovely day just vegging on the couch and catching up on my taped shows. 

Pretty great week!  Monday, worked 7 hours.  Off Tuesday.  Tomorrow, working 6 hours.  Off Thurs.-Fri.  I would feel  a lot happier about working if it was always like this, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @VarunaTT, if the commute is 4 minutes driving, would it be feasible to walk or bike to work instead of driving? It could be a more enjoyable way to get in the workout if it's not too cold out.
  • Options
    @levioosa I hope you're on the mend!   I feel you on the antibiotics.   My MIL swears they're the only thing that clears the annual sinus infection she gets and DH and I both think her insistence does more harm than good.  

• Options
    If anyone wants to watch something just genuinely wholesome....

The guy who does voice of Bandit and woman who does voice of Chili {parents from Bluey} did an interview with Jimmy Fallon .... they are delightful
  • Options
    Lol at did me dirty @levioosa.  Cc; everyone who takes my pic. tbh, I got jaw filler and didn’t notice a difference though. I think it also gave me a horrible earache for months too.

@short+sassy I don’t remember the actual shot hurting anymore than last time, but the arm thing? Like, three days after.  Hate that! 

• Options
    @VarunaTT, if the commute is 4 minutes driving, would it be feasible to walk or bike to work instead of driving? It could be a more enjoyable way to get in the workout if it's not too cold out.
    I was just about to suggest the same thing.  It is also more affordable and better for the environment.  

• Options
    @MobKaz @MyNameIsNot I live downtown and the new building is next to one of the homeless services places.  I'm not particularly worried about the homeless population here; I know most of them and have left food/water/clothing out by our dumpster where I know they tend to congregate (it's actually weirdly protected from the weather and has a ledge to sit/sleep on, even if it is concrete), so usually if they're yelling at me, it's "hey nice lady!!" Basically, it's a little sketch, but I don't feel unsafe.

I've walked/cycled to a previous job and loved it, so once the weather is nicer again and the sunshine cooperates (I would not walk/ride right now b/c it's dark), I'll definitely be examining that option.  I'll know more about my office/bathroom situations too, b/c I'll have to change shoes at a minimum and sometimes clothes, if I'm cycling.  Plus, that'll allow me time to save for the bicycle I really have been coveting, which is....expensive.  Wedding dress expensive.  I'll just leave it at that.  :smile: